05 WRX vs 05 SLK AMG
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 05 WRX vs 05 SLK AMG within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So this evening, i was returning home as usual on number 1 highway, i cruised at about 90 km/h (i ...

05 WRX vs 05 SLK AMG

So this evening, i was returning home as usual on number 1 highway, i cruised at about 90 km/h (i live in canada) since i remembered that a car was pulled over somewhere near here last night by a cop. Anyway, it was about another 15 minutes til my exit, so i turned on my cd player and played some inital d music and rolled open the window, after about 2~3 minutes, I heard this huge exhaust sound coming from the back that TOTALLY freaking covered my sound system, ok....i have a blitz exhaust and everything else is pretty much stock....then I saw an SLK pulled up against me with a KLEEMANN stick?, he grinned....

so i downshift to thrid and floored it, pulled like 2~3 car lengths then he gunned it, HOLY ****!!!! he pulled on me hard, and by the mid of fifth gear, he was pulling more like bus lengths on me, until he shut it down when i was going about 190km/h, then i caught up and yelled, nice car you've got, he gave me the thumbs up....not sure wat mods he has, but even if it were stock, he could of killed me anyway....

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

was ita 55 or a 65 amg? Not that It really matters either would kill a wrx. just curious.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

its a 55 AMG...
    its SLK, not SL, i dont think there is an SL65AMG?

There is an SL65 AMG, and an SL55. Both are based on the SL-class coupe, the 55 is a 500hp V8, and the 65 is a 600hp V12 twin turbo ($190k and they pull mid 11's stock).

But the SLK55 is a different model from both (based on the SLK roadster rather than the SL). The SLK55 AMG is a 355hp V8, they weigh ~3200lbs, and will put down mid-high 12's in completely stock form. Nice death, those things are monsters.
    Last edited by 04wrx4keeps; 09-15-2005 at 10:54 PM.
    Cobb Stage 2.5 VF-34 + uppipe
    Best ET so far - 13.1@103 with a 1.81 60'

Oh my bad I completely missed the K in SLK

Reading own3d me.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

the S 65 AMG is a twin turbo v12. It has like 604 HP and 738 torque and a 7 spd tranny. That thing is a beast. It also costs like 180 grand or something like that.

the 55 AMG series is nice too. I think the plain C 55 AMG is just the AMG built V8, but the S 55 AMG or the CL 55 AMG has a supercharged V8. 593 HP and 516 ft-lb.

No replacement for displacement.
    Remember: Freedom isn't free.
    Old car: 1999 Porsche 996 C2 coupe
    New Car: 2005 WRX Sti
    Verdict: NO comparison-Sti rules
    Previous race car: Eagle chassis sprint car,410cu in Donovan aluminum smallblock dynoed at 806 hp. car weight. 1375 with the driver. Turn right to go left!!! Sprint car racing-drifting for real!

btw, i dont think there is such thing as a SLK 55 AMG. The SL is the convertable coupe, the S is the sedan, and the CL is the plain coupe.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxaddicted
    btw, i dont think there is such thing as a SLK 55 AMG. The SL is the convertable coupe, the S is the sedan, and the CL is the plain coupe.
    There is very diffeinatly an SLK55, its based on the SLK roadster. There is also an SL55 and an SL65, both based on the SL-seriese coupe. As well there is a CL65 and a CL55, logically enough based on the CL-seriese coupe.

The SLK only comes in 55 as an AMG, the CL and SL seriese coupes both come in the 55 and 65, and there is even a CLK55, and C55, and CLS55, all technically different models. Just about every Mercedes model has some sort of AMG version, depending on the model that the AMG is based on it will usually be named accordingly, but the 55 and 65 naming is used on a number of different models.
    Cobb Stage 2.5 VF-34 + uppipe
    Best ET so far - 13.1@103 with a 1.81 60'

Yup, there is such a thing as an SLK55... check out the AMG range, some amazing rides....
    http://www.mbusa.com/brand/container...ighPerformance
    If the car that passed you had Kleemann badges (with the parts to back them up , .... he would own pretty much ANY street Impreza....
    The Kleemann SLK kit is bestial... 0-62 in 3.6 or so... like 540Hp, limited slip diferentials, etc...
    http://www.kleemann.dk/site/Main/thecars

love to see this car run agasint the 700+whp impreza in Nasoic.com

Quote Originally Posted by wrxaddicted
    the S 65 AMG is a twin turbo v12. It has like 604 HP and 738 torque and a 7 spd tranny. That thing is a beast. It also costs like 180 grand or something like that.

the 55 AMG series is nice too. I think the plain C 55 AMG is just the AMG built V8, but the S 55 AMG or the CL 55 AMG has a supercharged V8. 593 HP and 516 ft-lb.

F.Y.I. none of the AMG cars have the 7-spd in them yet. They still use the 5-spd Auto, because those motors put a lot of stress on the transmissions (738ft/lb. can do that I guess?!). The regular M-Benz line-up uses the 7-spd however. Look out for the next generation AMG models. The 55's will be turning into the 63's (look at the new ML63, a naturally aspirated 6.3 Liter, with a supercharged variant coming for the other models) and the 65's will be 74's I think. The current V12 is able to handle above 800h.p., and thats obviously the direction Mercedes is going. My cousin works for Mercedes corporate and loves to share this fun info with me. Once I know more, I'll update, because after all, we are all horsepower/torque *****s!
    Nice race, BTW (sorry for minor hi-jacking)
    -Marc
    WRX - It's not a rocket. It's a guided missile.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.