GST vs stage 2 wrx - pre race talk - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on GST vs stage 2 wrx - pre race talk within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; gst's were the **** back in the day....back-in-the-day....BACK-IN....Oh screw it, I'm sure you guys get it by now....

gst's were the **** back in the day....back-in-the-day....BACK-IN....Oh screw it, I'm sure you guys get it by now.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by YZFWV
    gst's were the **** back in the day....back-in-the-day....BACK-IN....Oh screw it, I'm sure you guys get it by now.
    they are a pretty quick, from a roll in 2nd gear we were even and when I shifted 3rd I pulled about a car and that was when we were both stock.. but I don't think he will have a chance with stage 2 vs MBC.

If you beat him stock, you are going ro rape him now!!!
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

On the stock turbo the GST won't go anywhere. The T25 is just too damn weak. I know becasue my Grand Marquis was faster in the 1/8th than my Spyder GST was.

Give the DSM a real turbo though and you'll find out the advantage of cars that don't mod in "stages."
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

omg u would kill him trust me

you will deff rape him but those DSM's are nothing to mess with when modded correctly, mod for mod a DSM WILL WHOOP a Rex anyday, my friend got raped by a AUTO GST powered by a 20G when he was stage 2 it made us look like we were just siting there, it put bus's on us
    Fp18g, Txs RFL
    650cc PE Injectors, Walb 255 Fp3" TBE, Perrin Inlet Hose, UteC, HeliX uppipe,Stock Tmic
    STock Clutch , Stock 5 Speedn
    STI ShortBloCK 265whp 300tq @17psi Still DETUNED
    13.1 @104 Slipping Clutch

Quote Originally Posted by Michaelsrex
    you will deff rape him but those DSM's are nothing to mess with when modded correctly, mod for mod a DSM WILL WHOOP a Rex anyday, my friend got raped by a AUTO GST powered by a 20G when he was stage 2 it made us look like we were just siting there, it put bus's on us
    I would hardly call a 20G GST mod for mod compared to a stage 2 WRX. I mean you put a 20G on the WRX and it will be right there with it, the stock WRX turbo is only a tiny bit larger than the stock GST turbo... Mod for mod they are pretty close.

When I was stage 2 (without even an upipe, just AP + TBE) i raced a number of friends with Intake, TBE + boost controller and even from a roll I would beat them all every time by at least a slow pull, the one I raced the most times was the Talon equivilant of the GST (FWD turbo). I raced one kid who 'claimed' to have some kind of turbo swap (he was kinda sketchy acting though, wouldnt go into detail) and he was pretty close from a roll but I would still pull a little.

The stock turbo's on those DSM's will only produce around 230-250whp, a little more or less depending on year and supporting mods; about what a WRX will with a full tunned stage 2. But those 4G63's are stout as hell, and they take to crazy modding a bit better than the EJ20 though. I'm pretty sure you can run a bit more boost through one of those than our engines before needing to rebuild the bottom end though.
    Last edited by 04wrx4keeps; 09-19-2005 at 12:22 AM.
    Cobb Stage 2.5 VF-34 + uppipe
    Best ET so far - 13.1@103 with a 1.81 60'

The T-25 is a waste of a turbo, but there are a **** load of people in 6-Bolt powered DSM's with stock 14b's that are plenty deep into the 12's and 11's...

hell a well tuned bolt on evo-3 16G like i have is PLENTY good for 300+ awhp

my friend has a 93 like me, exact same fuel mods and SAFC tune im working on shortly and hes trapping @111
    1994 Talon TSi - SMIC, 16G and Bolt Ons - Awaiting More Fuel and Tune
    2000 B5 GLS 1.8T Every Bolt On + Tuned GT28RS - R.I.P

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12