have you ever punked another car b/c you drive a wrx?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on have you ever punked another car b/c you drive a wrx? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; This has happen to me recently and I have just noticed it... It's like I'm at a light and the ...

have you ever punked another car b/c you drive a wrx?

This has happen to me recently and I have just noticed it... It's like I'm at a light and the light turns green. The car beside me is like a honda, or something. Anyways I take off slow, because I'm trying to save gas, and this guy beside me takes off even slower... It's like he is scared to pass me or something. This was at a 3 lane road with hardly any traffic and a truck passes us both. It looks like I punked him down or something.

Another situation was that same night. I leave a light making a left turn. I'm going pretty slow as I want to check out this guy's fiero... He is going even slower and never catches up to me. And I was going pretty slow. Keep in mind this was at night around 930 so there wasn't much traffic and I wasn't holding traffic back...
    12.8@104 w/ 1.86 60'
    274awhp/270tq (dynojet)
    vf22/pinks/up/exhaust/pump/mbc/bov/ecutek

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

actually that kind of stuff happens to me alot for some reason. I had some guy in a civic who would not even pull near me, I even slowed down to like 10mph under the limit and he still stayed like 10+ cars behind me. He had been being a real jerk toward one of my friends in his car earlier (its not even a fast car,its a rundown beat POS 98 olds running on like 4 1/2 cylender), reving his fart-can and racing past him over and over when he didnt want to race , he was even cursing at him trying to get him to go (he doesnt personally know either of us either), I guess his balls didnt feel so big when he was next to my car though

The other alternative is when I'm just minding my own business and the guy in the other lane hears my bov when I shift at like 20mph and so he floors it thinking I'm trying to race, these guys always seem to be driving big fat V6 family cars.
    Last edited by 04wrx4keeps; 09-12-2005 at 10:05 PM.
    Cobb Stage 2.5 VF-34 + uppipe
    Best ET so far - 13.1@103 with a 1.81 60'

I Support ClubWRX
    Never happened to me. I swear, 99% of people have no idea what kind of car I have and/or don't know the WRX comes in wagon form.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

hahaha, I always laugh when this happens...even with a 4EAT, I get cars who are afraid to line up or even to drive along side me. Then of course there is always the time when I don't want to race (to save gas) but the car next to me wants to race they always insist on doing a shooter pass with their fart cans, of course then I have to hit WOT and put like 2-3 car lengths
    between us. hahaha

Only thing I get is those....

"Id like to Key your ****, Cause I don't have one and my 300ft. wing is loose looks"

Man, It bum's me cause I respect ANY ride a guy takes time to make look good (Not the riced out APEXI stickered mofo,s)

Orrrr, I like the one where your goin straight at a light and they turn........Ya hear em get in it like they coulda owned ya

Shotgun
    "Speed Kills......But so do Strokes,...Sign your donar card"

i used to have a civic in highschool... the reason we wouldnt pass you was because lots of wrxs speed up and stuff.... that would always happen to me all the time esp at night.... as soon as i would get close to wrx to check it out (being my dream car) it would speed up never allowing me to pass it... and also i was intimidated by the rex so i would keep my distance

Well no offence to anyone (hey I drive a 96 1.8L FWD -ouch)- Impreza, and I dont take offence to anyone in a faster car blowing by me beacuse they can and feel like it or cause they think Im racing them.... If I wanna check out a car, Ill just drive close behind it for a while, and then just casually pass him w/o a second glance so he does not feel Im starting ****... If I really like his car, Ill let him know, he can then blow past me or not either way that cool.
    You should not be intimidated by that sort of thing if someone elses car can school yours.... Its your car, not your cock... grow up.
    My 2 cents...

Funny, I was driving home with my wife(following her)...a prelude with exhaust drives side to side with my wife...when space breakes open, I pull up next to my wife, and all of a sudden, the prelude slows down and get behind my wife's car. Like he knew what was going to happen...

I was trying to line up with him, but he just kept hiding.. behind my wife's car.
    And she was driving really slow at this time.

This hiding goes for about 5 miles. I know he has exhaust, because I passed him.

Oh well...
    Meng Hang

Ogura Corporation (US Headquarters) Chesterfield Township, MI
    Network System Administrator, IT Supervisor
    Black WRX 2002, ...with 18G with Stock IC.

I don't see how you know that someone is scared of your car unless you can read minds. Sometimes I'm in a really mellow mood and I'll drive like a grandma and I don't feel like passing anyone, no matter how slow they are going.

Sounds like a lot of you are jumping to conclusions. Same thing is happening when I hear these stories of someone cruising in the slow lane and see someone about to pass them in the fast lane and they say to themselves "this guy wants to race - let me open a can of whoop-ass on him". The guy was just going faster than you. Doesn't mean he wants to race.

This happened to me with a Lamborghini. He blew past me on a road and I sped up to catch up with him. Then he slowed down and I passed him a bit. I tried to slow down so I could give him a thumbs up, but he just kept slowing down more, until eventually we were both going about 25 in a 50 mph zone. I haven't the vaguest idea as to what he was doing (obviously he wasn't intimidated by my car), but eventually I gave up and just drove normally.

Some kid in a civic tried to race my brother in the rain at a stoplight. Revved like crazy and just spun the wheels while my brother's normal acceleration easily walked all over him. Sad.......
    THIS IS CAKE TOWN!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tail_Lights_Fad
    This happened to me with a Lamborghini. He blew past me on a road and I sped up to catch up with him. Then he slowed down and I passed him a bit. I tried to slow down so I could give him a thumbs up, but he just kept slowing down more, until eventually we were both going about 25 in a 50 mph zone. I haven't the vaguest idea as to what he was doing (obviously he wasn't intimidated by my car), but eventually I gave up and just drove normally.

he might have been trying to get you to come to a full stop (?) i witnessed a ferrari and a 911 turbo doing this repeatedly in the middle of 287 North in Jersey. i was driving a wrangler at the time and did my best to catch up to them before they took off again just to watch. the exhaust notes were enough to make my day.

the hoopty wrx doesnt punk anybody with looks it cant lol.. my car looks so stock and old when i rev my car next to someone they prob look everywhere but at me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Schu
    I don't see how you know that someone is scared of your car unless you can read minds. Sometimes I'm in a really mellow mood and I'll drive like a grandma and I don't feel like passing anyone, no matter how slow they are going.

Sounds like a lot of you are jumping to conclusions. Same thing is happening when I hear these stories of someone cruising in the slow lane and see someone about to pass them in the fast lane and they say to themselves "this guy wants to race - let me open a can of whoop-ass on him". The guy was just going faster than you. Doesn't mean he wants to race.
    Well said.
    2005 SAAB 9-2x - Stage II

fre
    Not usually, even if I decide to hammer it or mess around a bit they usually fly right back by me. The few times I mess around on race fuel though people tend to be less willing to do the fly by. I had an older (late 90s) impreza pulling out of the races and he ended up behind me on the on ramp. I have no clue if it was NA or a WRX motor, but I had the 116 go juice in and decided to do 2nd and the first part of 3rd. He didn't want to pass me for a bit, but after about 30 seconds he went around. Maybe he wanted me to go again with him trying to chase? Who knows, but there were too many cops out to be getting into it at highway speeds.
    11.1 @ 131

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.