2005 WRX Cobb Stage 2 vs. 2005 GT0 6.0 Liter
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2005 WRX Cobb Stage 2 vs. 2005 GT0 6.0 Liter within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Went to the drag strip today, and had to take down a 2005 GTO 6.0 Liter with exhaust. I ran ...

2005 WRX Cobb Stage 2 vs. 2005 GT0 6.0 Liter

Went to the drag strip today, and had to take down a 2005 GTO 6.0 Liter with exhaust. I ran a 13.71@100.2 and he ran a 13.80. I was just joking around afterwards, and the guy was pretty cool, so I asked him how it feels to get beat by a 2 liter 4 banger...HAHAHA.....Man I love my WRX. Oh yea...i have 05 cobb stage 2

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by LittleAP783
    Went to the drag strip today, and had to take down a 2005 GTO 6.0 Liter with exhaust. I ran a 13.71@100.2 and he ran a 13.80. I was just joking around afterwards, and the guy was pretty cool, so I asked him how it feels to get beat by a 2 liter 4 banger...HAHAHA.....Man I love my WRX. Oh yea...i have 05 cobb stage 2
    Thats not a good way to make friends. When he learns how to drive it(if he has the 6 speed) he'd kill you and he'd kill me (from a roll).

Don't be a **** when you win unless he was your friend and you can joke like that.
    12.8@104 w/ 1.86 60'
    274awhp/270tq (dynojet)
    vf22/pinks/up/exhaust/pump/mbc/bov/ecutek

nice kill though.
    EVO III 16g'd wagon
    stock tranny goin strong
    .. already ready for a bigger turbo
    - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chanwahyaoh
    Sometimes after I go poo, I just blank out and mindlessly continue my upward wipe all the way up the small of my back and end up smearing brown all over myself. Just kidding. That sucks about your laundry though...

yea....it was all fun, no hard feelings. But yes...I know he'd have my balls from a roll. Those things are pretty quick. I guess they are pretty hard to launch though because even if you turn the T/C off, i guess it's still on a little bit, until you take it to someone to have them turn it completely off with a programmer.

I Support ClubWRX
    Last time I heard, drag strips don't start races from a roll. Good kill.

I guess they are pretty hard to launch though because even if you turn the T/C off, i guess it's still on a little bit, until you take it to someone to have them turn it completely off with a programmer.
    You are confused with Traction Control (TC) and Torque Management System (TMS). TC has nothing to do with TMS. TC can be turned off with a button whereas, TMS must be deleted (or reduced) with LS1/LS2 Edit software, which isn't out on the street yet for LS2 2005 GTOs.

If and when TMS is deleted from the bone stock '05 GTOs, they should be in high 12s if they know how to drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    Last time I heard, drag strips don't start races from a roll. Good kill.
    +1

A local guy here has a new 6.0 GTO and stopped taking it to the track b/c he couldnt get any traction. He took me for a ride in it, no doubt 45-110 or so faster than any other car ive been in.(Havent been in too many fast cars ) Im gonna have to talk him into going again sometime so he can race me. Hopefully I will have the same results that you had
    Cobb Stage 2

When he learns to drive it, it will be a different story. I still have to learn how to really drive the snot out of my Cobra, launching with a rear wheel drive beast isn't very easy when you are first learning it.
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice33
    When he learns to drive it, it will be a different story. I still have to learn how to really drive the snot out of my Cobra, launching with a rear wheel drive beast isn't very easy when you are first learning it.
    launching w/ a wrx and awd isnt "easy" either...My first trip at the track i bogged, and bogged and bogged.
    Cobb Stage 2

The new GTO's are sick. Wait until he learns to drive that thing

nice kill btw.
    04 Cayenne Red XT....b1tch.
    Cobb Stage 2 Protune on the way....
    Kartboy SS
    bling free since 1975

yea, i hate when people come up to me at the track, and they are like...."oh you have AWD, you don't even have to worry about your launches". Everyone thinks we can just take it to 5 grand and dump the club and that's it. When in fact a WRX is not easy to launch, and it takes a lot of practice just like all other cars. In my opinion I'd rather take a RWD muscle car with DR or slicks, and even some good good street tires, rev it to 3-4 grand and dump it. My bro has a new Mustang GT, and I can launch that thing like a ***** with easy, and it's consistant.

yea, i hate when people come up to me at the track, and they are like...."oh you have AWD, you don't even have to worry about your launches". Everyone thinks we can just take it to 5 grand and dump the club and that's it. When in fact a WRX is not easy to launch, and it takes a lot of practice just like all other cars. In my opinion I'd rather take a RWD muscle car with DR or slicks, and even some good good street tires, rev it to 3-4 grand and dump it. My bro has a new Mustang GT, and I can launch that thing like a ***** with easy, and it's consistant.
    LOL... Here we go again. I know it isn't easy to launch AWD, I had an STi. But it was much easier to launch that than my Cobra with its independant rear suspension (which the GTO has also I believe) You have never felt such wheel hop, it is disgusting if the car is not launched properly, which takes lots more practice than an AWD launch. My first time at the track I thought I broke my IRS because the wheelhop is so bad. A mustang GT is easier because of the solid live axel, but a car with an independant rear is a different story all together. I even had the dude that tunes my car go down the strip with it, and he has driven many Cobras w/ the IRS and he couldn't believe how bad my wheel hop was, I think he launched at 3 grand too, not very high.

I was just stating that when that GTO driver learns to drive it properly at the track, he will be running much better times and closer to 12.8-13.0 rather than the 13.8 he ran that day.
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

The 05 GTO doesn't have IRS only the 04 did.

Quote Originally Posted by roo21
    launching w/ a wrx and awd isnt "easy" either...My first trip at the track i bogged, and bogged and bogged.

yeha i did the same. Im cobb stage 2.5. I only ran a 13.9 with a 2.182 60 ...hahaha i sucked.Now i know how to drive that beast and after my protune i will go back and rip ****!!! Low 12's at least...i hope.hehe

low 12's would be nice but with stage 2.5 you should realistically run low 13's. if you can get a 1.9-1.95....60 foot you should trap around 107-110 with stage 2.5 and which should result in a 13.2 or 13.1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast