Another 300ZX TT Kill.

This is a discussion on Another 300ZX TT Kill. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ok, this is my first "kill". My friend has a 91 Nissan 300ZX Twin, and I havenít had a chance ...

Another 300ZX TT Kill.

Ok, this is my first "kill". My friend has a 91 Nissan 300ZX Twin, and I havenít had a chance up against a worthy opponent. We only raced once, and from a roll. He was too ashamed to try again.... from a 40mph roll, I shoulda started in 2nd, but I was in third (damn lag). 3 honks, and we're off - as soon as I spooled, I jumped ahead by a car, into 4th I pulled another car, and into 5th @110 he started slowly creeping up. While we were out on the lonely road, I wanted to take advantage of it, but he didnít wanna go again. Anyhow, Iím sure weíll go at it again one of these days.

Oh, my WRX STi is bone stockÖ.his 300 has intake, and exhaust....We both had passengers. I donít think heís the greatest driver either. GOOD TIMES THOUGH.
    Next time, we'll capture the runs on video.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nice kill
    whats a signature?

thanks! Although, it was only one run....I think he coulda done better, but gave up. Maybe tomorrow night, before canyons!

Nice run, I pulled a 300ZX TT from a roll with about the same outcome in my car. Watch out for him once he really starts modding though. Just intake and exhaust probably does very little HP wise for him (unless he has a full exhaust with downpipe, not just a catback), once he puts a downpipe on and starts playing with boost ....just watch out, I think their good for close to 400 whp with just basic performance parts and an ECU upgrade.
    Cobb Stage 2.5 VF-34 + uppipe
    Best ET so far - 13.1@103 with a 1.81 60'

Quote Originally Posted by 04wrx4keeps
    Nice run, I pulled a 300ZX TT from a roll with about the same outcome in my car. Watch out for him once he really starts modding though. Just intake and exhaust probably does very little HP wise for him (unless he has a full exhaust with downpipe, not just a catback), once he puts a downpipe on and starts playing with boost ....just watch out, I think their good for close to 400 whp with just basic performance parts and an ECU upgrade.
    kid in town with basic BPU mods and some tweaks runs mid 11's...stock turbos, not on the spray
    1994 Talon TSi - SMIC, 16G and Bolt Ons - Awaiting More Fuel and Tune
    2000 B5 GLS 1.8T Every Bolt On + Tuned GT28RS - R.I.P

almost all forced induction cars will take to serious modding extremely well. the top end on those things are ferocious. great kill man.
    <= i plan on abducting her in the wag

Quote Originally Posted by 04wrx4keeps
    I don't think the 300ZX TT had a poor DP design did it? I am pretty sure a cat-back gets you around 20hp (claimed) and the intake I think is good for like 10hp. This is flywheel though. I know they have Pre-Cats in the DP though. I think just the ECU can jump the 300ZX TT to like 370 crank.

I always wanted a TTZ bada$$ car. Always loved them.

Quote Originally Posted by ThracK
    Ok, this is my first "kill". My friend has a 91 Nissan 300ZX Twin, and I havenít had a chance up against a worthy opponent. We only raced once, and from a roll. He was too ashamed to try again.... from a 40mph roll, I shoulda started in 2nd, but I was in third (damn lag). 3 honks, and we're off - as soon as I spooled, I jumped ahead by a car, into 4th I pulled another car, and into 5th @110 he started slowly creeping up. While we were out on the lonely road, I wanted to take advantage of it, but he didnít wanna go again. Anyhow, Iím sure weíll go at it again one of these days.

Oh, my WRX STi is bone stockÖ.his 300 has intake, and exhaust....We both had passengers. I donít think heís the greatest driver either. GOOD TIMES THOUGH.
    Next time, we'll capture the runs on video.
    nice runs..... just wait til' you get some mods.