2005 srt-4 vs 2004 wrx?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2005 srt-4 vs 2004 wrx? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello, I'm new here. I have a 2005 stock dodge srt-4. I AM NOT here to troll. I am here ...

2005 srt-4 vs 2004 wrx?

Hello, I'm new here. I have a 2005 stock dodge srt-4. I AM NOT here to troll. I am here to gain a better understanding of wrx's and everything about them. I am not like alot of the srt-4 owners that you guys dislike. I don't doubt the wrx at all and I have a lot of respect for it. I'm not here to cause trouble and I'm not here to trash talk the wrx or in any way make the srt-4 sound surperior. I have a question for the non-sti wrx owners. I figured If anyone would know it would be the people who drive the wrx. Now the question is, stock for stock how will the 2005 srt-4 do against a 2004 wrx in the 1/4 mile from a STOP? This is for my education only as i have no idea what the outcome would be. I know the wrx would take the srt-4 off the line but what would happen after that? Thank You

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

your srt-4 will probably win if you know how to drive it, although at my local track, most of the srt-4s tend to run high 14's stock (driver error?), where as a stock wrx, around 14.2-14.4ish (also with someone who can drive).

i like your attitude, so with that said...

welcome

btw, how old are you if you dont mind me asking?

I'm 16. No flaming please and please don't put the "all 16 year olds are crazy drivers" stereotype on me. I am a VERY safe driver, I'm not in the boost all the time like most people would be. I love and respect the car that I have and with that in mind I will continue to drive safely despite my age.

Quote Originally Posted by SRT-4 Driver
    I'm 16. No flaming please and please don't put the "all 16 year olds are crazy drivers" stereotype on me. I am a VERY safe driver, I'm not in the boost all the time like most people would be. I love and respect the car that I have and with that in mind I will continue to drive safely despite my age.

I'm 23 and I'm always "in the boost"....but then again...if I wasn't, my 1.8t would go no where.

Quote Originally Posted by SRT-4 Driver
    i said the same thing when i was 16 and 4 years later im still saying the same thing but i am a crazy driver, just ask the guys in F4... lol anyway i raced a stock srt4 when my 05 wrx was stock and he beet me by about 2 cars.... i hate the catch up game by the way... it kills my stomach some times
    whats a signature?

i've driven the srt-4, wrx, and sti. the srt will smoke the wrx in the quarter and will lose by a few car lengths to an sti, all cars being stock. you seem like a nice kid. be careful with that power. feel free to talk on the forum anytime.

A little off topic, but 2005 or 2006 is the last year for the SRT-4? I've considered getting one. Anyways, good luck with it.

that's a very good question. i know they're going to stop making them, but when is the question. they really are a pretty cool car. i'm thinking of getting one myself with a stage 3 from factory. i'm not getting rid of the sti for it though. i would just buy it in addition to the sube. will they install the stage 3 from the dealership?

05, last production year.

The SRT-4 is a hard car to buy. most of the sellers off Autotrader are 18 years old and their listing always seems to start out by listing the cars they have killed while street racing, followed by its the fastest car for under 20k. What they forget to tell you is how the driveshafts are shot and about the year they have been running a jerry rigged 20PSI setup.

No offense to the kids but I'm still looking for that 70 year old grandpa selling his SRT-4

Welcome. SRT-4 was one of the cars I drove when I was car shopping. It snows alot here in WV, so the AWD won me over. Great power for the price with the STR-4. Also, the Dodge dealer was a total jerk about looking at the car, no test drives, while the Subaru dealer let my wife and I take it for the afternoon! Have fun looking and learning!
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

average drivers in the 1/4th mile..... a WRX runs mid 14s while, the SRT runs low 14s. Now this is only mag racing but most magazines with a competant driver (c and D, sprt compact car, motor trend etc.. will get anywhere from a high 13 to a 14.2ish for the SRT. While the same mags will usually get 14.3 to a 14.8 for the WRX depending on ability to launch the car properly.

* times WILL vary with the SRT, given its lack of traction and usual inexperience of its drivers. a FWD with 250wtq is a little tough to learn how to launch, so you wil end up seein atrocious times such as 14.5+

2005 is the last year of the Neon SRT-4.

2006/07 will introduce the Caliber SRT-4.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

what is the caliber srt4?
    12.8@104 w/ 1.86 60'
    274awhp/270tq (dynojet)
    vf22/pinks/up/exhaust/pump/mbc/bov/ecutek

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.