2005 srt-4 vs 2004 wrx? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2005 srt-4 vs 2004 wrx? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Neon is dead. Now Dodge will make the Caliber. looks like a 4 door hatch/suv thing... Next SRT4 spied Posted ...

Neon is dead. Now Dodge will make the Caliber. looks like a 4 door hatch/suv thing...

Next SRT4 spied
    Posted Aug 25, 2005, 6:00 PM ET by Randall Halcomb
    Related entries: Economy, Wagons/Estates

4Car has posted a few awesome spy shots of the upcoming Caliber-based SRT4. We like those wheels very much, and check out that hood scoop! Mitsubishi engineers and the Dodge SRT/ACR crew worked on the SRT4 and the next EVO together according to what we read on Allpar.comís insider coverage. We wonder how Mitsubishi and Dodge will position their related sport compacts. Thanks to Jim for the tip.

more pics... http://www.channel4.com/4car/gallery...e-_page_7.html
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

From those spy shots it looks like a cross between an Aztec and a Magnum. Ugly as sin. The Neon SRT4 definitely looks better.
    2005 Aspen White STi

It looks like a charger crossed with an SUV
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

Quote Originally Posted by badsube
    i've driven the srt-4, wrx, and sti. the srt will smoke the wrx in the quarter and will lose by a few car lengths to an sti, all cars being stock. you seem like a nice kid. be careful with that power. feel free to talk on the forum anytime.
    you obviously don't know your stuff . he is talking about 1/4 mile times !!! a stock WRX will run a 14.1 - 14.4 with a good driver. SRT-4 will also run very low 14s with a good driver. This is because the WRX has AWD, so it can launch and not lose traction. From a roll, the SRT-4 will walk on the WRX, but 1/4 mile times, it's pretty even.

sounds like a response from a person who is alittle upset about being beaten quite a few times by a srt4. anyway, i consider an srt running very low 14's, maybe high 13's, to a wrx running mid to high 14's getting smoked. if all you're looking for is straightline speed, the srt is the way to go. the wrx is definitely the better car hands down.

sounds like a response from a person who is alittle upset about being beaten quite a few times by a srt4. anyway, i consider an srt running very low 14's, maybe high 13's, to a wrx running mid to high 14's getting smoked. if all you're looking for is straightline speed, the srt is the way to go. the wrx is definitely the better car hands down.

lol.... my DBZ 18G'd WRX has yet to be taken down by a lil SRT-4.

too bad you had to put one of those on your car to beat a srt-4.

lol.... you can beat an SRT-4 with waaaaaaaaaayyyyy less mods than what I have. A stage 1 WRX can take a stock SRT-4 in the quarter mile with a good driver. I slaughter a stock SRT-4 by like 10 bus lengths.

Too bad you have a POS car, or probably none at all, so you have to try to talk sh!t on mine. Whatever makes you feel better bro.

hahaha.... get a life.

oh yeah.... I suggest you do research, so you know what you're talking about, before you blabber it out like a moron with the
    comment. Anyone here knows a stage 2 WRX will take a stock SRT-4 from a roll, and a stage 1 with a good driver will take it from a stop in the quarter mile.
    Last edited by wrxaddicted; 09-09-2005 at 03:23 PM.

Does someone have a rusty fork to your neck making you post this?

wow man, you seem really upset by what i said. calm down. no need to use vulgarities to try to get your point across. sorry that i got to you so badly by what i said. if i "obviously don't know what i'm talking about" you shouldn't be so upset.

wow man, you seem really upset by what i said. calm down. no need to use vulgarities to try to get your point across. sorry that i got to you so badly by what i said. if i "obviously don't know what i'm talking about" you shouldn't be so upset.
    i'm pretty calm. I'm just LMAO.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxaddicted
    lol.... my DBZ 18G'd WRX has yet to be taken down by a lil SRT-4.

why can't guys like you being on my side of the country. i'd love to slaughter your car from a stop and watch you go crying home like a kid. but but but i have awd.... how did i lose....?

altho being cocky and on a high horse. (not that i'm not) you do make correct points about the actual thread topic. just remember not all srts run the stock turbo and would luv to have a scooby snack.
    Last edited by 2004NeonSRT4; 09-10-2005 at 01:37 PM.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

What's this about a good driver a SRT-4 to low 14s? Plenty of folks can nail high 13s at 100-102 mph with a SRT-4.

Quote Originally Posted by Beanboy
    What's this about a good driver a SRT-4 to low 14s? Plenty of folks can nail high 13s at 100-102 mph with a SRT-4.
    yea wasnt there a srt4 that ran like 13.6-13.7 stock. I remember reading that and thought it was pretty big news. Thats as fast as most cobb 2s out there....
    Cobb Stage 2

Quote Originally Posted by Juice33
    It looks like a charger crossed with an SUV
    Dude a srt4 got drunk one night, banged a minivan. Didnt pay for it,and now hes away and not comeing back.
    |^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||_____
    |.........Beer................| ||.....'|";\,___.
    |_...__...______...__..._|_||_|__|__..._|
    ..(@).(@)........(@) (@)................(@)............

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.