wrx vs 1.8t jetta
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on wrx vs 1.8t jetta within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was riding in my friend's brother's wrx since I was out drinking and in no shape to drive. My ...

wrx vs 1.8t jetta

I was riding in my friend's brother's wrx since I was out drinking and in no shape to drive. My friend (who's brother who is driving the wrx) is driving my jetta. They kinda lined up on the highway and went at it. My friend driving my car was at the back of the driver's door in the left lane when they both finally got moving. He instantly pulled about 4 cars on the wrx and it was over. When we stopped at the liquor store my friend and his room mate got out of my car and walked over to the guy I was riding with. The first question was, "Were you even trying?".

My friend's brother's wrx sounded nice atleast.

My mods:
    EIP chip.
    3" catback
    Intake (not really a power adder)

His mods:
    3" cat back

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Yes it's a toss and it depends on what the owner opts for:

On the one hand, broken window mechanisms, a tendency to plow face-first from bend to bend before lifting an inner rear wheel after the apex, and VAG "electronics."

On the other hand, third-world exterior paint courtesy of SOA, a gearbox with an agricultural feel to it, and rattles in the cabin.

What we need is the VW interior and paint with the Subaru motor and chassis.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

hmm when my car was completely stock i raced a gti 1.8t, with the same exact mods ( also eip chip ) and we were just about equal.
    We ran a lot of rolls, and we stayed equal throughout all of them, maybe 1 or 2 bumpers difference. I was able to beat him during a dig though just cause my launch.

So I dont know how he lost by 4 car lengths, maybe you had a few too many drinks?
    EVO III 16g'd wagon
    stock tranny goin strong
    .. already ready for a bigger turbo
    - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chanwahyaoh
    Sometimes after I go poo, I just blank out and mindlessly continue my upward wipe all the way up the small of my back and end up smearing brown all over myself. Just kidding. That sucks about your laundry though...

or maybe somebody weighed 300 lbs

Quote Originally Posted by le wagon
    hmm when my car was completely stock i raced a gti 1.8t, with the same exact mods ( also eip chip ) and we were just about equal.
    We ran a lot of rolls, and we stayed equal throughout all of them, maybe 1 or 2 bumpers difference. I was able to beat him during a dig though just cause my launch.

So I dont know how he lost by 4 car lengths, maybe you had a few too many drinks?

ouch. something must have been wrong with the car. 190whp/245ft/lbs tq vs 175ish/175ish.

trust me, I can hold my liquor and 5 beers is no where near one too many. Like I posted originally, even my friends' and his brother were shocked at the out come. He even went bought an mbc the next day because of it.
    Last edited by YZFWV; 09-08-2005 at 05:45 PM.

Those 1.8t's feel like they make a ton of power when you are driving, but I was upset about the huge turbo lag. Your mods probably take car of that.
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Brents
    Those 1.8t's feel like they make a ton of power when you are driving, but I was upset about the huge turbo lag. Your mods probably take car of that.
    Lag in a 1.8T? That turbo is so tiny, it spools almost instantly. It relies on the 5V head to flow well for top end.

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    Lag in a 1.8T? That turbo is so tiny, it spools almost instantly. It relies on the 5V head to flow well for top end.
    +1. From the factory the turbo lag on the 1.8T MT trans is rather small, and with mods like tbe and ecu chip there is literally NO lag. The car is actually pretty well known for that very aspect (great torque and no lag).

On another note, if the Jetta 1.8T was more reliable and had HLSD to even the FWD I would consider one from the last gen body style.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by YZFWV
    I was riding in my friend's brother's wrx since I was out drinking and in no shape to drive. My friend (who's brother who is driving the wrx) is driving my jetta. They kinda lined up on the highway and went at it. My friend driving my car was at the back of the driver's door in the left lane when they both finally got moving. He instantly pulled about 4 cars on the wrx and it was over. When we stopped at the liquor store my friend and his room mate got out of my car and walked over to the guy I was riding with. The first question was, "Were you even trying?".

My friend's brother's wrx sounded nice atleast.

My mods:
    EIP chip.
    3" catback
    Intake (not really a power adder)

His mods:
    3" cat back

I have ran against my friends 1.8T GTI MANY MANY times and from a dig it isnt even close.. From a roll i get him by atleast 2 car lengths. He is comming over tonight again, if we dont drink to much ill get some vid of it.. Im stage 2 btw.
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

The car I was in belonged to a girl I was dating at the time. Nice looking girl, beautiful car, silver, heated leather, tiptronic tranny thing. I drove it in auto mode once after a date, and when I pushed the gas down, it was like the car had to think about it, then would go. Maybe it was just the auto tranny, as I never got to drive it in the manu-matic mode, as we did not date very long!! oh well, it was a VERY nice looking car!!
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    +1. From the factory the turbo lag on the 1.8T MT trans is rather small, and with mods like tbe and ecu chip there is literally NO lag. The car is actually pretty well known for that very aspect (great torque and no lag).

On another note, if the Jetta 1.8T was more reliable and had HLSD to even the FWD I would consider one from the last gen body style.
    Have you ever seen one of those turbos up close? They're so cute!!! It makes a TD04 look like an FP green

Quote Originally Posted by enash99

I have ran against my friends 1.8T GTI MANY MANY times and from a dig it isnt even close.. From a roll i get him by atleast 2 car lengths. He is comming over tonight again, if we dont drink to much ill get some vid of it.. Im stage 2 btw.
    right. And the WRX my car ran was almost stock except for a catback, not a stage 2, and I'm probably putting down about 190/240+/- depending on the weather.

soooo....subtract about 40whp from a stage 2 wrx, and you have the results of my car racing that wrx.

I also applied for a new position in the IT department, which will almost double my pay. If I get it, I'm going to sell my jetta and get a MKV GTI when they come out. They're making over 250whp and 270 ft/lbs tq with just a chip and exhaust.

hmmm...maybe even an audi A3
    Last edited by YZFWV; 09-09-2005 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by YZFWV
    I'm going to sell my jetta and get a MKV GTI when they come out. They're making over 250whp and 270 ft/lbs tq with just a chip and exhaust.

hmmm...maybe even an audi A3
    250 HP and 270 TQ at the wheel with chip and exhaust?
    Must be flywheel HP/TQ figures.

driver mod
    14.160@96.011
    90 degree weather
    airhog, removed silencer, and removed stock catback exhaust (stock DPs in place) and craptacular california 91 octane piss water

Quote Originally Posted by rexmaster
    250 HP and 270 TQ at the wheel with chip and exhaust?
    Must be flywheel HP/TQ figures.

He's right, go to fourtitude.com the new 2.0T FSI's put up some good numbers when chipped. I've had a lot of seat time in the new A3 and that little thing moves. A guy over there chipped his 2.0T and put up close to those numbers with the apr chip. I don't remember the exact numbers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.