wrx vs 1.8t jetta - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on wrx vs 1.8t jetta within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by YZFWV right. And the WRX my car ran was almost stock except for a catback, not a ...

Quote Originally Posted by YZFWV
    right. And the WRX my car ran was almost stock except for a catback, not a stage 2, and I'm probably putting down about 190/240+/- depending on the weather.

soooo....subtract about 40whp from a stage 2 wrx, and you have the results of my car racing that wrx.

I also applied for a new position in the IT department, which will almost double my pay. If I get it, I'm going to sell my jetta and get a MKV GTI when they come out. They're making over 250whp and 270 ft/lbs tq with just a chip and exhaust.

hmmm...maybe even an audi A3

Grats hope you get the new Job. But Even stock when I first got my car we ran them and I was still able to beat him. Don't remember by how much. But I beat up on him..
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by JRide
    He's right, go to fourtitude.com the new 2.0T FSI's put up some good numbers when chipped. I've had a lot of seat time in the new A3 and that little thing moves. A guy over there chipped his 2.0T and put up close to those numbers with the apr chip. I don't remember the exact numbers.
    No, those are crank numbers.
    Stock A3 dyno at about 195whp. A chip alone is not going to bump 50+ whp.
    APR advertised numbers are at the cranK.

Quote Originally Posted by rexmaster
    No, those are crank numbers.
    Stock A3 dyno at about 195whp. A chip alone is not going to bump 50+ whp.
    APR advertised numbers are at the cranK.
    I understand that, but a guy over there had a dyno sheet, not a something off of apr's website. Could be another SRT-4 scenario where the car dynos close to the crank #'s. Just letting you know what someone posted up...

Quote Originally Posted by JRide
    I understand that, but a guy over there had a dyno sheet, not a something off of apr's website. Could be another SRT-4 scenario where the car dynos close to the crank #'s. Just letting you know what someone posted up...

stock dynos on those are about 180-195 fwhp and 207 ft/lbs tq. And remember, it's fsi which is a type of direct injection and which is suppose to be easier to tune.

and apr's website has their 93 octane tune pushing out 255 hp and 300 ft/lbs

Quote Originally Posted by enash99
    Grats hope you get the new Job. But Even stock when I first got my car we ran them and I was still able to beat him. Don't remember by how much. But I beat up on him..

hmmm. I don't know about that then, but I do know I can easily pass a stock wrx from a roll and even some slightly modified ones as well.

Quote Originally Posted by YZFWV
    stock dynos on those are about 180-195 fwhp and 207 ft/lbs tq. And remember, it's fsi which is a type of direct injection and which is suppose to be easier to tune.

and apr's website has their 93 octane tune pushing out 255 hp and 300 ft/lbs
    Again, APR dyno figures are at the crank, not at the wheel (still, nice gains)!
    No one's doing 250+ whp with just a chip!

Quote Originally Posted by rexmaster
    Again, APR dyno figures are at the crank, not at the wheel (still, nice gains)!
    No one's doing 250+ whp with just a chip!
    right, I noticed that today as well. That's just with a chip though and it would come out to about 225whp and 270ft/lbs tq. With a full turbo back exhaust, you're looking at 235ish/285ish. +/- on a good day or a bad day, since a full tbe on a 1.8t gives anywhere from 10-15whp and 15/20ft/lbs. But that's going from a 2.25 exhaust with cats etc to a 3", and the new 2.0t supposedly has 2 cats, so that's even mor restriction from the factory.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12