My 274awhp wrx gets taken down by a civic si
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on My 274awhp wrx gets taken down by a civic si within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So I was cruising back to my apartment after class today. I see a 99ish blue civic si in front ...

My 274awhp wrx gets taken down by a civic si

So I was cruising back to my apartment after class today. I see a 99ish blue civic si in front of me thinking nothing of it. We came to the intersection and we both made a right. He was going kind of slow, so I passed him. I shifted gears, pssssh, my bov goes off and I continue on my way. Next thing I know, vrooooooooooooooooom, VROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM. He passes me hard. As soon as I saw that, I knew his car was turbo. I didn't hear his bov go off, but I gear down and catch up to him. He signals me to follow him as in like "this is another slow wrx for me to kill." Man was he right.
    We go down the road and the traffic clears up. He gears down and I gear down. I was thinking I've beat a basic civic si with turbo with my stage 2 wrx before so this will be easy since I have 274 awhp now. Anyways, back to the story, he kicks it and I kick it. He gets half a car jump, but as soon as I start spooling I get the lead by half a car. Next thing I know he is really spooled up now, and bam he starts to pass me hard. There was a car in front of him so we both slowed down. In the end he probably had a 1/2 car to 1 car when we shut down around 75. I don't know what this guy has, but I'm thinking a built engine with around 300+ fwhp. I'm going to find out though and ask for a ride.

disclaimer: this was all in my imagination...
    Last edited by BamBooI; 09-11-2005 at 11:38 PM.
    12.8@104 w/ 1.86 60'
    274awhp/270tq (dynojet)
    vf22/pinks/up/exhaust/pump/mbc/bov/ecutek

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

well,i guess it's time for a bigger turbo.
    Yea tru love we can find ourselves
    I call our true identies
    Love ya brudda love ya sista
    Love everyone...the univeral sign
    Ill take it from here

Nice death

probably a built B16A2 on boost. Could have been dropped B18 on boost but then he probably would have walked you considerably harder.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

damn, respectable loss... ive always been a fan of the 99, 2000ish civic si's. high as hell redline

Hey some of those aren't to be messed with. My friend has a 99 si turbo with a T3/T4 hybrid and built internals. I beat him ... then he got tuned and now just kicks the ever loving sheeyot out of me. It hurts to get beat on like that but it's fun to watch.
    WRX 2004 Cobb Stage II (91) w/Helix DP ... 13.8@96.

I need an uppipe and an exhaust!

Did he have a cobb or gwinnett tag?
    '02 WRB WRX
    '92 Civic Si

you runnin any type of EM? just wondering cuz i don't see it listed in your mods in your sig

Yeah good death ... have to give the 'real' Honda guys props.. Those can definately be some fast cars ..
    dude one time i tried to put the trailer bully into the coiler, and I got all messed up

he could've been spraying a 50 shot on top of being turboed as well.
    You might be a king or a little street sweeper but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

Quote Originally Posted by BamBooI
    I don't know what this guy has, but I'm thinking a built engine with around 300+ fwhp. I'm going to find out though and ask for a ride.
    Civic Si is very light compared to the wrx. I bet he could have had ~250 whp.

Quote Originally Posted by fokai
    you runnin any type of EM? just wondering cuz i don't see it listed in your mods in your sig
    of course he has EM. a wrx with bigger injectors will not run without EM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheReaper
    he could've been spraying a 50 shot on top of being turboed as well.
    If he was built up, plus turbo, plus 50shot he would have walked him SO much harder. I doubt he was spraying. We would be talking about the civic making 40-50whp more while weighing 500lbs less and having better gearing.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Is in Love With the Admins Here 20WRX04's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxtony
    Hey some of those aren't to be messed with. My friend has a 99 si turbo with a T3/T4 hybrid and built internals. I beat him ... then he got tuned and now just kicks the ever loving sheeyot out of me. It hurts to get beat on like that but it's fun to watch.
    Tell me about it. I was at the track a few weeks ago & i lined up against an innocent looking civic HB. He had an easy 1 second on me by the time we finished. What a wake up call. And he wasn't even turboed. Damn those honda's! I can't really talk too much ish about them though, i've owned a civic & an integra. I can't wait to be stage 2 this weekend!
    The first rule of the Faction is...DO NOT TALK ABOUT THE FACTION.
    NY GIANTS
    Hybrid Faction #19
    Blobeye Syndicate #19
    Mods

it doesn't take much to make a light car fast with a decent motor under the hood its a shame thats the first mod to make a honda fast is change the motor and add boost. well not in all cases but anyway. friend of mine has a 93 gsr with a 99gsr motor and his own custom brew 7psi turbo kit on the stock engine dynoed 298 and runs high 12s @110 has less than 8k in the car including the cost of the car.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4
    it doesn't take much to make a light car fast with a decent motor under the hood its a shame thats the first mod to make a honda fast is change the motor and add boost. well not in all cases but anyway. friend of mine has a 93 gsr with a 99gsr motor and his own custom brew 7psi turbo kit on the stock engine dynoed 298 and runs high 12s @110 has less than 8k in the car including the cost of the car.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast