My 274awhp wrx gets taken down by a civic si - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on My 274awhp wrx gets taken down by a civic si within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I've only raced one boosted civic and that was during break-in on my car so I had to keep it ...

I've only raced one boosted civic and that was during break-in on my car so I had to keep it below 7500 rpm

And I walked it like it wasn't trying.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    I've only raced one boosted civic and that was during break-in on my car so I had to keep it below 7500 rpm

And I walked it like it wasn't trying.
    By the way i went looking at a dealership for an evo RS and the guy told me they only allow evo's to be order during the beginning of the year and that the 06 model RS was going to be about 30k. so i looked at him and said i rather waste my money on another basic wrx.

ok back to the civics...

Quote Originally Posted by BamBooI

http://img398.imageshack.us/my.php?i...icsi0108ks.jpg
    11psi 312 to the wheels. He ran 11.9. We played around at 11psi and it was just a quick little spurt that could have gotten deadly(as in walking me) if the road was empty. He makes more at 18psi which is still on pump. Thats turbonetics 60-1 turbo w/ a built ls vtec engine.

SRt4: I'm from SC.
    Didnt know the ls/vtec was that reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by SepulcherX
    Didnt know the ls/vtec was that reliable.
    built engine should be reliabile!
    12.8@104 w/ 1.86 60'
    274awhp/270tq (dynojet)
    vf22/pinks/up/exhaust/pump/mbc/bov/ecutek

Quote Originally Posted by BamBooI
    built engine should be reliabile!
    exactly.why waste the $ building if it isn't reliable?
    when i had the integra my ls/vtec w/ a 50 shot caught quite a few wrx's,rsx's, and other stock or slightly modded 200HP imports completely off guard.

whats with the whole "can't lose to a honda" attitude?
    drivers lose races, not cars. cars only go as fast as the wallet allows.

yeah theres a guy here in San Antonio,texas that is supercharged with a red Si.. then ther eis a guy in houston his nae is cheesfrog.. can check him out at cheeseforg.com who is beating vipers

Quote Originally Posted by jason.g
    exactly.why waste the $ building if it isn't reliable?
    when i had the integra my ls/vtec w/ a 50 shot caught quite a few wrx's,rsx's, and other stock or slightly modded 200HP imports completely off guard.

whats with the whole "can't lose to a honda" attitude?
    drivers lose races, not cars. cars only go as fast as the wallet allows.
    I came from a 2000 civic EBP Si before /w 50 shot, as you can see in my avatar. I still love hondas... But I remember ls/vtec swaps were having problems due people reving the piss out of them.. like it was a b series motor... when in fact the crank wasnt made to rev that high. Also having a nice oil pump helps alot. "The poor mans type R"

yeah i used to drive a honda crv with a b20 in it.. and i loved it sounded nice too.. but i know it was a crappy engine... but put in a civic it was a monster.. civics are bad a$$ dont get me wrong.. i love hondas too.. but the fwd sucks.. when you mess up hit a bump the fwd all messed up ...

I loved my integra and was about to go FI, even had all the internals for the engine build up, but then decided to go for reliability, so here I am with the rex. The integra ran like a bat out of h***, but just didn't seem like it would be reliable after boosting. Didn't seem to smart to boost an engine with 100,000+ miles on it.

It's hard where I live to know whether or not they are extremely riced out, or actually have some hp to back up their 3 foot tall whale tale Alot of them try to stare me down, I just pretend to be a complete idiot....and they go away. I haven't run into a boosted one yet, hopefully I never do, it hurts to get owned by a $2,000 car with $4,000 put into the parts.
    2006 SGM STi Cobb Stage II

Quote Originally Posted by SepulcherX
    "The poor mans type R"
    exactly!!
    I spent waaaaay too much money on my ls/vtec build so i parted it out and bought my wrx for a daily driver, which of course lasted about 5 min. I have 3100 mi on my odometer and i'm already at Cobb stage 2.5

Where i'm from most honda/acura drivers are ricers, but you gotta watch out for legit Honda guys...you WILL get own3d if you're not on top of your game.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123