My 274awhp wrx gets taken down by a civic si - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on My 274awhp wrx gets taken down by a civic si within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well FYI that same friend of mine with the 12-second Civic is selling his for ,000 as it sits. It's ...

Well FYI that same friend of mine with the 12-second Civic is selling his for $8,000 as it sits. It's his daily driver, has like 60,000 miles on it and, as previously stated, runs 12s. Not bad for a little rice eater. My wife has a badass Honda ... a CRV. That's right baby. Nobody messes with the CRV.

Back on topic check out www.sstracing.com -- if the site still works -- and the 97 civic hatch (I think it's a 97) on that site in the gallery with the front mount and slicks ran 10.2s-10.4s. It's a fun car to watch. The Sentra with the slicks runs 11s. Oh and the MR2 on that site is mine.
    WRX 2004 Cobb Stage II (91) w/Helix DP ... 13.8@96.

I need an uppipe and an exhaust!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Well I found out who he is and he runs 11.94. It's got more in it he says.
    12.8@104 w/ 1.86 60'
    274awhp/270tq (dynojet)
    vf22/pinks/up/exhaust/pump/mbc/bov/ecutek

where you from bambooi?
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Everyone has lost to a civic. They just dont want to talk about it.

nice death! I ran into one last year with 388whp that tore me a new one too..

Turbo civics are not to be messed with... at all.. they are too light, and can get as much,if not more power to the wheels more easily (2wd s. awd)
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4
    it doesn't take much to make a light car fast with a decent motor under the hood its a shame thats the first mod to make a honda fast is change the motor and add boost. well not in all cases but anyway. friend of mine has a 93 gsr with a 99gsr motor and his own custom brew 7psi turbo kit on the stock engine dynoed 298 and runs high 12s @110 has less than 8k in the car including the cost of the car.
    Yeah I could turbo my mirage with a turbo kit some site sells for like just over 3k. It comes with a garrett bb turbo (forgot what turbo though) and everything you would need for the turbo kit. I think the power was rated at over 2x the power at 5-7psi and with 10-12psi I would have had 275-300 at the wheels but I really dont want a wrong wheel drive drag car, even though it would be really cheap I still would rather buy an sti or 06 wrx (if the strengthened gears and underrated power is true) and mod that. I rather have reliable than waiting for the timer to get to zero then BAM. But a 2222lb car with 300whp does sound tempting.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    If he was built up, plus turbo, plus 50shot he would have walked him SO much harder. I doubt he was spraying. We would be talking about the civic making 40-50whp more while weighing 500lbs less and having better gearing.
    He doesn't know if it was built up because he didn't have a chance to talk to him so he could have had a stock engine with a 5psi or less turbo kit and run a 50 shot. There are a bunch of turds with regular civics and si's around where I live that run a turbo with like 5 psi or less and run anywhere from 50-150 shot of nos. I here these girls at my work talking about what some guys they know have done to there cars and I just roll my eyes. I even heard one of my co workers say that there was a racing crew called yada yada yada (didn't bother to remember the name) and these fools all shared 1 car, yep that's right they all shared 1 car!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. It just so happened they came to the place we worked at and it's a focus with a body kit and a huge wing, they didn't even bother buying a kragens muffler or anything else HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
    Last edited by TheReaper; 09-06-2005 at 08:54 PM.
    You might be a king or a little street sweeper but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

http://img398.imageshack.us/my.php?i...icsi0108ks.jpg
    11psi 312 to the wheels. He ran 11.9. We played around at 11psi and it was just a quick little spurt that could have gotten deadly(as in walking me) if the road was empty. He makes more at 18psi which is still on pump. Thats turbonetics 60-1 turbo w/ a built ls vtec engine.

SRt4: I'm from SC.
    Last edited by BamBooI; 09-06-2005 at 09:38 PM.
    12.8@104 w/ 1.86 60'
    274awhp/270tq (dynojet)
    vf22/pinks/up/exhaust/pump/mbc/bov/ecutek

Quote Originally Posted by skyjock41
    i kinda wish one would kick my arse. only import to stay with me is a chipped/int/exh celica GT-S. but then i would have to waste that saved up money to bring the pain back to him. i better wait till my pontiac gets started to worry about that..... never really worried much in it.

I have been walked by a few civics in my day. 2 of them boosting and one N/A but he was running a B18C5 (integra type-R motor) with just about every bolt on including cams and EM. This was when I was only running tbe and from a dig it was close but I would edge him out by a car or so from the start but by the top of 3rd he was gaining ground back. From a roll... I got walked. He had to have been trapping 101mph+
    I have a taken a few poorly tuned boosted civics from rolls that were B16's and such but all that I have come across that have been done right have walked all over me
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

The first rule about losing to a Civic is you don't talk about losing to a Civic.
    The second rule about losing to a Civic is you DON'T talk about losing to a Civic.

Judging by how many people have posted here I don't think the rules are being followed.

hell yea ive lost to civics.. my prelude sucked. boosted h22a sucks too. nvm i think i just suck, therefore im waiting for my supra to comphensate for my sucky driving.
    10" Nike
    Mods- Gel Pad, Shoe Cleaner
    Scooby Dooby Doo

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtony
    The first rule about losing to a Civic is you don't talk about losing to a Civic.
    The second rule about losing to a Civic is you DON'T talk about losing to a Civic.

Judging by how many people have posted here I don't think the rules are being followed.
    been taken by a few im guessing? its ok, atleast your car isnt used as the worlds best beater

Quote Originally Posted by turbo_bxr
    been taken by a few im guessing? its ok, atleast your car isnt used as the worlds best beater
    Only a couple ... both turbo'd. though there is an all motor one around here that runs low 13s but I've never raced him. What are you talking about? My WRX IS a beater.

Ive only raced one civic....it was on the freeway from a 60MPH roll......with all my buddies in the car.

I took a rash of **** from the bro's as that little black nightmare pulled away. Within a week i had a VF34. I still havent found nightrider, but if he's reading this, I WANT MY EGO BACK.

Only a couple ... both turbo'd. though there is an all motor one around here that runs low 13s but I've never raced him. What are you talking about? My WRX IS a beater.
    i went to the track and saw a crappy primer black one with body kit including huge spoiler. thought it was the big ricer of the night. watched him run 14.3 and 14.1 . i stayed away from him and stuck to the V8 guys. had better luck there.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast