My sti vs. Stealth TT

This is a discussion on My sti vs. Stealth TT within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; My friend and I finally had the opportunity to run both our cars yesterday from a roll on the highway. ...

My sti vs. Stealth TT

My friend and I finally had the opportunity to run both our cars yesterday from a roll on the highway. My 05 sti is completely stock while his 95 dodge stealth TT has had some work done to it. He has a cai, a complete custom 3" turboback exhaust with no cats and an engine management running more boost. I wanted to go from a dig but he only wanted to go from a roll. We decided to go from 40 and the first run I started in 2nd and he pulled about a half car lenght on me fairly soon and pretty much stayed there until about 120. The second time we did another start from 40 and this time I started in 3rd and stayed dead even through 3rd and 4th gears all the way until I had to shift into 5th gear where he pulled a little and again we stayed even until 120. I guess his extra horsepower, but extra weight kind of evened out compared to my car. I told him to wait until I get the turboback and ecu and it won't be pretty. He laughed it off saying it won't make that big of a difference on my car. Oh, how little he knows.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'm confused...you said you got a better start in 3rd at 40 than you did at 2nd in 40?? That doesn't make sense
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

He's got the equipment but isn't using it to its fullest. It looks like it's got a lot more mods than my old car did and isn't going nearly as fast. The car in my sig had stock turbos, stock cat-back, and stock fuel pump. You don't need a ton of parts to go fast - just the right ones
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

seems like he should have continuously pulled u
    10" Nike
    Mods- Gel Pad, Shoe Cleaner
    Scooby Dooby Doo

Trailboss, I guess because of the need to shift into third realtively soon after we began to race(and considering the stealth has tall gears and no need to shift) staying in third worked better against his car which actually really suprised me. Yeah John, that what I tell my friend, for what he has done to it it should run faster and stronger. He traps usually around 107-108 a the track. I thought for sure he would have pulled on me. Maybe I just have a strong stock sti, (yeah right, I could be so lucky).

I Support ClubWRX
    I would have started in 3rd at a 40 roll also, as I think the time to shift eats up the comparatively short gain you get from being high in the boost range in 2nd at 40. In second, it would be like...beep, beep, beep .......half second....shift. The torque is well into it's powerband at that RPM in 3rd gear. Good runs!
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums