fresh kill of the weekend - 2006 eclipse
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on fresh kill of the weekend - 2006 eclipse within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; well, got into a confrontation w/ a 2006 eclipse this weekend... just cruising along on the highway when i noticed ...

fresh kill of the weekend - 2006 eclipse

well, got into a confrontation w/ a 2006 eclipse this weekend...
    just cruising along on the highway when i noticed an 06 eclipse riding my @$$. i slowed down a litte bit to piss him off and he continues to ride my @$$ even more. looked like a guy in his early to mid 30's. he finally switches lanes and blows past me as if to show off his new car. i didn't bother because i wanted to check out his ride. he ended up cutting me off and i end up behind him at a stoplight. i have to say, the 06 eclipse doesn't look too bad. the rear end almost looks like the rear end of the lexus sc430. nice taillights, good curves, and a nice deep purple paint. and it was the gt model, so 260+hp. anyways, so the light turns green and the guy pushes it. i follow suit and he ends up behind some traffic while i switch lanes just to pass him. i see him switch lanes as well and he proceeds to ride my @$$ again! i drop it into second, and switch lanes so he can "pass me." this time, i was going for it. at this point, i'm going 45 mph and he he guns it, and i floor it. i put about 5-6 car lengths on him by the end of 80 when i shut down. he of course keeps going and does the classic flyby. i'm modded of course (cobb 2.5 w/ some extra goodies - protuned). i can't wait to see how these new eclipses do with some mods. i was expecting a lot more out of them stock.
    2002 wrx silver

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Too funny
    I raced one fresh off the lot still with paper tags. He went out of his way to line up next to me. I ended up putting bus lengths on him by 80mph.
    How much do the weigh? I would have expected a small car like that to be much faster with 260hp.

They are pretty heavy from what i read. Im too lazy to put up the specs but the car is junk. For the price i could easily pick 10 cars with more potential.

3472 lb MT and 3538 lb AT..sounds pretty fat to me
    "Word, watch my back?"
    W R X ..mmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by SGOSWRX
    Too funny
    I raced one fresh off the lot still with paper tags. He went out of his way to line up next to me. I ended up putting bus lengths on him by 80mph.
    How much do the weigh? I would have expected a small car like that to be much faster with 260hp.

haha, you bully!

They won't go any faster with mods; anybody that mods a NA and expects results is wasting their time.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Quote Originally Posted by John M
    They won't go any faster with mods; anybody that mods a NA and expects results is wasting their time.
    I agree, anyone who buys a new eclipse and expects to make it faster with anything less than major engine work or a turbo isnt going to be too happy. I think they'll keep selling to the same kinds of people the last generation did, women, and guys who just want a sporty car for the image and thats it. Anyone who is intellegant and looking for performance can deffinatly find a much better car for the money if you consider mod potential.
    Cobb Stage 2.5 VF-34 + uppipe
    Best ET so far - 13.1@103 with a 1.81 60'

Thats really not fair. They are a couple hundred heavier, NA and slow.

from Edmunds.com: 06 Eclipse: Curb Weight: 3307 lbs. Gross Weight: 4068 lbs.

But of course Eclipse drivers like to think they are fast because their adds say so. If you can't trust car adds what can you trust? When I had my bugeye all types of gen 3 NA eclipses tried to race me. I saw an 06 just this weekend, I think it looks a little funny but maybe its just something you have to get use to. Nice work putting those punks in their places, its fun and has to be done.

Registered User volcomsoldier19's Avatar

eclipse

anthonyrb98>2006 eclipse

i love all these new sports cars that are "fast"

nice kill
    Former member of bugeye mafia

<=====my old baby

The new eclipse is faster than a stock wrx. I believe they run 14.1 and are the fastest stock eclipses to be produced.
    12.8@104 w/ 1.86 60'
    274awhp/270tq (dynojet)
    vf22/pinks/up/exhaust/pump/mbc/bov/ecutek

Is it me or in the eclipse commercial .. where the cars "BOW" to It, a RX-7 (FD) bows to it. thats just gay..
    " I got four doors to fit more wh0res !!!"

SOCAL F4
    MEMBER "00"

(CLUBWRX'S 1ST OFFICIAL "F4" TEAM) est. May 2, 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Z3RO
    Is it me or in the eclipse commercial .. where the cars "BOW" to It, a RX-7 (FD) bows to it. thats just gay..
    I agree. I actually don't mind the looks. I just wish it had awd and turbo for the weight it is or less.

good kill man!

I dont why you guys are ragging so much on the Eclipse. Give credit where it is due. It is a HUGE HUGE improvement over the last gen and runs mid to lower 14's with 100/101mph traps. It runs par with stock wrx from a dig, and runs par with stageII wrx's from a roll... So I dont think making jabs at this car for being "slow" is really appropriate.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by John M
    LT1 camaro/TA

LS1 Camaro/TA

LS2 GTO

Basically all vette engines

4.6L/5.0L mustang engine

B18C5

VQ30/VQ35

Basically all of those cars listed will drop just about a full second or more off of their 1/4mile times with just bolt on stuff and all are N/A

I could go on and on.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.