fresh kill of the weekend - 2006 eclipse - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on fresh kill of the weekend - 2006 eclipse within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by bigwrxguy 14.1 where did you see that? the best I've seen is 14.5 and other mags are ...

Quote Originally Posted by bigwrxguy
    14.1 where did you see that? the best I've seen is 14.5 and other mags are running high 14s. I'd put down any amount of money that my stage 2 would kill it from a roll.
    The new eclipse is fairly potent(Similar to 350Z performance), but now it's a water logged FWD only GT, and is not as fun/excting as the lower weight Turbo/AWD DSMs.

Top speed : 148 mph
    0-60 mph : 5.8 sec.
    0- mile : 14.4 sec @ 101.0 mph
    60-0 braking distance : 127 ft
    200 ft skidpad : 0.83 g

Curb Weight : 3472-3538 lbs
    Overall length : 179.7 in.
    Wheelbase : 101.4 in.
    Overall Width : 72.2 in.
    Height : 53.5-53.8 in.

Press Reviews and Road Tests

Competitors :
    Nissan 350Z
    Mazda RX-8
    Ford Mustang GT
    Last edited by garrettjj; 09-15-2005 at 10:33 AM.
    95 Supra TT --BPU+ 420whp.
    05 Subaru STI --Cobb AP Stage 2 Protuned
    94 Integra GS-R --HIE/VTEC Controller.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    yeah, I remember that thread... Something alwasy seemed odd about that, considering the M3 should be trapping (in decent conditions) in the 103/104 area with those mods. StageII (ap stageII and tbe) usually traps about 99/100. Your car must be running really strong to be hanging with cars trapping in the 103+ area. Also, if memory serves, you also have up and hoses right?

I dont want to get into it, and I am BY NO MEANS calling bs on your run with the M3, but you do the math. He puts down 250whp, you put down 230whp. He is making a bit more torque, you both weigh about the same, he has better gearing, etc....
    I am just saying, i would not use that race as a point of reference for future circumstances. Just my .02 though.
    This guy is a good driver he road races his M3 and has had it since it was new. Yes I have UP and IC hoses. My stage 2 93oct makes 16-17psi depending on heat and which gear I have it in. He made 245whp and 229lbs, it also has a 100k on it. We did 4 highway pulls, so it wasn't him missing a shift or anything. I'm sure he would have pulled on me in 4th.

I think I have a strong stage 2, I pulled on a 04 Gt stang with CAI and catback. 2 cars each time from 40 or so to 100mph. I think my KB short shifter makes a difference I can shift much faster.

MotorWeek also got a 15 mpg observed which is a far more accurate reading of real world mpg's over that old crappy EPA standard crap. EPA has sport-utes gitting on average 10-15 mpgs more than actual mpg's according to 48hrs(TV news). I'm sorry but that is not an option for a sport compact to get such poor gas milage.
    They are probably good from a roll though, but from a roll is just a real world dyno pull, and doing triple digits on the HWY will get you put in jail. Not worth it. I guess racing from a light will also.
    Last edited by scoob; 01-31-2006 at 08:26 PM.
    My car looks just like this without the skirts and roof wing! Yeah baby!

+1 nice Kill!

When I was looking at new cars, I test drove a non-GT Eclipse.

It was a great car and I loved every part of it,

until I launched it from a stop sign and it went reeeteeteeteeeet all the way through first and chirped 2nd.

Thats when I decided I was getting a WRX, cuz traction is my friend especially when theres a foot of snow on the roads.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #027

95 Mitsu 3000GT TT Sable Black
    2006 WRX TR Crystal Gray Metallic

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/3...dwrxsig5yd.jpg

This thread was from last September
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.