fresh kill of the weekend - 2006 eclipse - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on fresh kill of the weekend - 2006 eclipse within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Haha nice. Eclipses are girl cars anyway....

Peachypumpkincheeks

Haha nice.

Eclipses are girl cars anyway.

Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Speedette
    Haha nice.

Eclipses are girl cars anyway.

saying this is a pretty bold blanket statement. i would refine that statement if i were you, and also wouldnt let all the 1g and 2g dsm guys hear you say that. lots of them are making gobs of power. if you have ever seen one race in person, you would see what i mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Superorb
    saying this is a pretty bold blanket statement. i would refine that statement if i were you, and also wouldnt let all the 1g and 2g dsm guys hear you say that. lots of them are making gobs of power. if you have ever seen one race in person, you would see what i mean.

GS powa!

Well back to the person who posted originally, good for you. ***holes like that guy deserve what they get. Its one thing to see if the guy wants to run, but riding someone's *** and then cutting them out is just crying to get your **** handed to you. You know that even though you killed him, he still will keep doing **** like that over and over again because he is just a real ****sucker that don't get it and never will.

people riding my ass pisses me off more than anyhting. what if i hafta stop real quick, im gettin rear ended.. it's just plain dumb and unsafe. makes me wish i was a cop sometimesand pull him over and lay the smack down on him. clowns...

Quote Originally Posted by Z3RO
    Is it me or in the eclipse commercial .. where the cars "BOW" to It, a RX-7 (FD) bows to it. thats just gay..

Dude, I completely agree. I was watching Overhaulin and what-not tonight and I swear to god everytime their was a commercial break, their was atleast one Mitsubishi Eclipse commercial. And I looked at my fiance` and said no way an RX-7 would ever bow to some ***gy Eclipse.

I'm sorry if it offends Eclipse owners, but their are no "real" eclipse's without 2.0L engine's in them. I lost all respect for eclipses when they stopped putting the 4G63 in them. Hell, even the lesser 420A is better than the crap they are putting in them now.
    THIS IS CAKE TOWN!!

Exactly my point and thats why I get so pissed, definte road rage, not to the point of gun fire thank God but still. I watch these ***holes riding bikes ***'s or cutting in front of rigs with no regard to what the other driver has to contend w/, and have been voicing my option over this for years and what do I get, last Nov I am out on my Harley coming up on a intersection doing 30mph and when I am 30feet from said intersection a guy in the oncoming left turning lane goes for it and then stops in front of me leaving me NOWHERE to put the bike! So now here I am w/ a Titanium hip,pelvis,leg,10 screws,bad knee,contorted thumb,and no more Harley. Sorry about the rant but people have no respect for other drivers or understand what their actions can cause or DOWN RIGHT DON'T CARE!!! So when I see someone driving w/o respect for another driver [car/rig/bike/etc.] I get there att right then or at a light,intersection,etc and give them a ton of **** so they know that not just the person they ****ed w/ but everyone around whats to beat the livin **** out of them for putting all of us in a bad situation!!! I also think that when it is time to renew a license a test should need to be filled out along w/ drivers info that has questions about braking distances for rigs, what lane to drive in and which one to pass in, and all the common sense stuff which is needed to be answered to get a permit but seems to be forgotten, and if the questionare isn't completed or the persons answers are wrong then no renewal. A 5 min questionaire every couple of years that can be answered online or w/ the paperwork you receive from the state w/ your renewal paperwork would be a min hassle if it reminded people what the rules of the road are. Just my option!!!

14.1 where did you see that? the best I've seen is 14.5 and other mags are running high 14s. I'd put down any amount of money that my stage 2 would kill it from a roll.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwrxguy
    14.1 where did you see that? the best I've seen is 14.5 and other mags are running high 14s. I'd put down any amount of money that my stage 2 would kill it from a roll.
    It would be damn close. StageII traps anywhere from 99-101 depending on "exact mod" and the driver. The eclipse has been seen trapping 100/101 in just about every test. A stageII with just tbe and AP would probably get beat in a rollling race. Now if you add in pro-tuner or Utec as the EM, plus an uppipe, THEN it would be a lot closer I would still think the eclipse would put some distance on it above 110mph.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

I saw one run high 15's at the track over the summer. Not impressed.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    It would be damn close. StageII traps anywhere from 99-101 depending on "exact mod" and the driver. The eclipse has been seen trapping 100/101 in just about every test. A stageII with just tbe and AP would probably get beat in a rollling race. Now if you add in pro-tuner or Utec as the EM, plus an uppipe, THEN it would be a lot closer I would still think the eclipse would put some distance on it above 110mph.
    I was even from a roll with a 99 M3 with chip, exhaust, flywheel, crank pully, cams, CAI. And he dynos almost 250 to the wheels and trapped 102mph on a 95 degree day.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwrxguy
    I was even from a roll with a 99 M3 with chip, exhaust, flywheel, crank pully, cams, CAI. And he dynos almost 250 to the wheels and trapped 102mph on a 95 degree day.
    yeah, I remember that thread... Something alwasy seemed odd about that, considering the M3 should be trapping (in decent conditions) in the 103/104 area with those mods. StageII (ap stageII and tbe) usually traps about 99/100. Your car must be running really strong to be hanging with cars trapping in the 103+ area. Also, if memory serves, you also have up and hoses right?

I dont want to get into it, and I am BY NO MEANS calling bs on your run with the M3, but you do the math. He puts down 250whp, you put down 230whp. He is making a bit more torque, you both weigh about the same, he has better gearing, etc....
    I am just saying, i would not use that race as a point of reference for future circumstances. Just my .02 though.
    Last edited by DTR rex; 09-15-2005 at 09:26 AM.
    Just call me Clark Kent

Quote Originally Posted by TurboWill
    I saw one run high 15's at the track over the summer. Not impressed.
    eh, its all relative.

Do you have any idea how many wrx's I have seen at the strip running 15's and how many EVo's and STi's that couldnt break out of mid 14's or hit 13's if their life depended on it
    Just call me Clark Kent

maybe the m3 that bigwrxguy raced had a bad driver, or perhaps he was running 117 w/a good tune.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    maybe the m3 that bigwrxguy raced had a bad driver, or perhaps he was running 117 w/a good tune.
    yeah, that is what I am saying. In more comparative (pertaining to driver ability) circumstances I think the outcome would have been different.
    Just call me Clark Kent

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast