AP stage 2 V BMW M3 (1999)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on AP stage 2 V BMW M3 (1999) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; There was a big meet last nigth and we all went out and hit the roads. Anyway the M3 has ...

AP stage 2 V BMW M3 (1999)

There was a big meet last nigth and we all went out and hit the roads.

Anyway the M3 has intake, exhaust, chip, flywheel, cams. Made 245whp/229lbs here's his mod page. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/757790/5

We did 5 highway pulls.

We started in second and third each 50-60mph time and finsihed at about 100mph. The results were bassicaly the same each time.

I pulled half a car on him, then we would go again and he would pull half a car on me. I was impressed with my car though. He traps around a 102 in the 1/4 and that was on a 92 degree day. It was in the 70s last night.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

thats just about all your gonna get out of a OBD-2 E36 really, he has every N/A bolt on. Those are nice dyno numbers for that car though.

nice race
    1994 Talon TSi - SMIC, 16G and Bolt Ons - Awaiting More Fuel and Tune
    2000 B5 GLS 1.8T Every Bolt On + Tuned GT28RS - R.I.P

Quote Originally Posted by bigwrxguy
    There was a big meet last nigth and we all went out and hit the roads.

Anyway the M3 has intake, exhaust, chip, flywheel, cams. Made 245whp/229lbs here's his mod page. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/757790/5

We did 5 highway pulls.

We started in second and third each 50-60mph time and finsihed at about 100mph. The results were bassicaly the same each time.

I pulled half a car on him, then we would go again and he would pull half a car on me. I was impressed with my car though. He traps around a 102 in the 1/4 and that was on a 92 degree day. It was in the 70s last night.
    Is that his silver M3? I seen this car in some mags on the performance pages. Clean E36....
    13.7 at 98.74 MPH / Stock TD04 & No EM

Your stage 2 hung with him? Wow thats impressive. I cant wait to go stage 2 then!!
    when the turbo spins the bull**** ends

My mods

Quote Originally Posted by WiCkeDrEx
    Is that his silver M3? I seen this car in some mags on the performance pages. Clean E36....
    That's his in the pics, I don't know if it's been in any mags.

Quote Originally Posted by WrxRick
    Your stage 2 hung with him? Wow thats impressive. I cant wait to go stage 2 then!!
    Yes it hung with him. I'm sure in 4th he would have pulled on me.

I also raced a Merc, I think it was a CLK 55. It had the 305hp V8 in it but was a auto.

I went from a 80mph roll in 4th and we stayed even until 110mph. Then went from a 60mph in 3rd and I pulled a car by 80mph and let off.

It's all about gearing.

thats pretty impressive... to keep up on the highway without the WRX's greatest asset (the AWD launch)

ya..

im pretty impressed....

and in fact im a little too impressed... by Stage 2, what exactly do you mean..

im pretty sure you dont mean JUST, turboback and the AP... im sure you have some other supporting mods as well.. like at least an up-pipe and maybe a couple other things if not..

then wow. thast really awesome
    they call STi's STDs because everyone is getting them.

Quote Originally Posted by amukaoen
    thats pretty impressive... to keep up on the highway without the WRX's greatest asset (the AWD launch)

ya..

im pretty impressed....

and in fact im a little too impressed... by Stage 2, what exactly do you mean..

im pretty sure you dont mean JUST, turboback and the AP... im sure you have some other supporting mods as well.. like at least an up-pipe and maybe a couple other things if not..

then wow. thast really awesome
    AP (93oct stage 2), Full catless DP with full bellmoulth, UP, IC hoses, KB short shifter and that's it. I still have the stock catback.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwrxguy
    AP (93oct stage 2), Full catless DP with full bellmoulth, UP, IC hoses, KB short shifter and that's it. I still have the stock catback.
    With those mods, it's not hard to believe what you did against an E36. I am still running on txs mbc. Going to switch to AP by Christmas. How you like your AP so far?

very impressive!

good job man. Usually an E36 with those mods will trap the 103area or so and be more suited for runnning stock STi's.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    very impressive!

good job man. Usually an E36 with those mods will trap the 103area or so and be more suited for runnning stock STi's.
    Like I said he trapped a 101.5 or 102 a couple weeks ago in 90 degree weather. I'm pleased so far it's a strong stage 2. I also had the stock wheels and tires on. I think that makes a difference over bigger wheels and tires esspically from a roll. I have both.

nobody ever shows any interest in racing my wagon... so all i know is that im faster than a corolla but slower than a zo6.

however, i really wanted an e36 m3 and im glad to hear that my wag should be just about as quick as a worked on n/a e36 m3.

you really pulled on that 55 amg motor? damn the gearing really does make a huge difference. i really want an ra gearset.
    <= i plan on abducting her in the wag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Kooyulator
    nobody ever shows any interest in racing my wagon... so all i know is that im faster than a corolla but slower than a zo6.

however, i really wanted an e36 m3 and im glad to hear that my wag should be just about as quick as a worked on n/a e36 m3.

you really pulled on that 55 amg motor? damn the gearing really does make a huge difference. i really want an ra gearset.

NO not a AMG are you mad those things make close to 500hp. It was a non AMG but still has 305hp.

The M3 did have a 100k on the clock but still he has a lot of work done to it. A stock one would get killed from a roll.

And I've raced a 04 GT mustang 5spd catback and intake and pulled 2 car lengths from 40-90mph and 2 and a half from 50-105mph.
    Last edited by bigwrxguy; 09-04-2005 at 07:56 PM.

Your running with RA gears? hmm.... I didn't think it would help that much during races...

Cool, thanks for that. I was thinking about doing an E36 M3 engine swap in my 325is, but I dont know. That M3 engine is rated at 240hp, for the same price, I can mod the 2.5L and get around 300hp. Ponder this I shall...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast