06 Wrx
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 06 Wrx within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...4&page=1&pp=50 I hope this is true, if so this is great news...

06 Wrx

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...4&page=1&pp=50

I hope this is true, if so this is great news

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Whoah, 13.4 would be insane. The only way that's possible is if the new engine is really underrated (i.e., 260+ bhp). Either way, the new fat powerband is really making a good impression on drivers. That, combined with better driveability, 17" rims, new aluminum suspension bits, quicker steering, and a (maybe?) beefed up 5-speed, make the '06 very attractive, IMO.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

someone posted over there that they thought the 06 wrx had underrated numbers and they thought it was closer to 255hp. I drove a wrx with 04 heads / Uppipe td04 & stock turboback and I belive it could have hit a mid 13.

i really doubt the amount of truth behind that time. high 13's should definitely be attainable with the added half liter and the better gearing but low 13's on the stock boost pressure seems impossible. share your thoughts on the matter. how many of you guys believe this?
    <= i plan on abducting her in the wag

You know I was hoping they underrated the power in the new models because srt-4, cobalt, and what not all have underrated numbers. I think I said in another thread that the only way I'd buy a new model impreza is if they had underrated power and if this is true YAY!!!! I think they might have done it to catch the competition off guard if this is indeed true.
    You might be a king or a little street sweeper but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

well the fxt did high 13s stock didn't it? You guys need to remember they said the 06 has better gearing. Remeber the 02-05 has crappy stock gearing for the 1/4. You either have to bump the red limiter in 3rd of shift to fourth right as you cross the line. 4th gear is like hitting a brick wall in the 02-05. I believe its possible since the fxt has the 2.5 and hit high 13s bone stock. Why couldn't a wrx?
    12.8@104 w/ 1.86 60'
    274awhp/270tq (dynojet)
    vf22/pinks/up/exhaust/pump/mbc/bov/ecutek

i dont see low 13's happening IMO, but mid-high 13's with a perfect launch and barely any gas maybe
    1994 Talon TSi - SMIC, 16G and Bolt Ons - Awaiting More Fuel and Tune
    2000 B5 GLS 1.8T Every Bolt On + Tuned GT28RS - R.I.P

So what are the factory specs hp and tq for the 06 WRX? 230hp and 235lbs tq.... I heard the Sti specs are the same....
    13.7 at 98.74 MPH / Stock TD04 & No EM

I Support ClubWRX
    Yep, the STi remains 300/300
    "Did you sleep well?"
    -- Steven Wright

BTW, I am growing on to these 06 models. At first I thought they were ugly and a disgrace towards subaru. But now I think it looks pretty mean. More displacement and power = better car. Just waiting to see it in person. However, bug eye for life!
    13.7 at 98.74 MPH / Stock TD04 & No EM

uke
    Those are pretty impressive numbers. If the price tag supposed to be the same as previous years?
    06 GTO - yeah, it's pretty quick
    Grand Prix GTP-gone

Quote Originally Posted by WiCkeDrEx
    BTW, I am growing on to these 06 models. At first I thought they were ugly and a disgrace towards subaru. But now I think it looks pretty mean. More displacement and power = better car. Just waiting to see it in person. However, bug eye for life!

I dont know if you've had the chance to see them in person yet, but they actually look REAL mean. At my dealership I got to see a 2.5RS, WRX and STI (all 06) lined up. Very interesting to see the differences in bumpers, wheels, heights. The rs looks sort of econoboxy, the wrx looks mean, and the STi is just cruel. Definatly have my thumbs up after seeing in person. TOok WRX for test drive. Beats the hell out of my 04. Subaru has done a great job- im fairly sure they underrated at least the torque by a good deal. Now let's see how well they hold up!

Yeah, Subaru gave the new WRX buyers a lot more for their money. More displacement is good, especially in CA where we get piss gas. 4 Pot/ 2 pot brakes... self explanitory. Tighter gearing, more aerodynamic, body colored side skirts = more bling, 17" wheels... and things you cant see are the updated chassis, suspension, and steering refinements.

Yes, the Forester did high 13's... 13.8/13.9 as per a couple of magazines with good drivers. So, logic says this can do at least that with a good driver. Add in the weight savings of over 100lbs, which is good for at least a tenth of a second and you can safely say its faster. Depending on elevation and weather, car's will either go faster or slower than magazine numbers. Can it do a 13.4? Sure it can. At a low elevation, in cool weather, with the right ECU calibration (remember how some WRX's dyno'd at 180 whp and some at 160 whp stock?), with a perfect launch... I wouldn't be surprised if it went even faster.

Bottom line is the new WRX's are a badass performance value. Much better than previous models we've gotten. Stop debating 1/4 mile times. Just go drive it and trade your car in if you like. I can't afford to, I'm buried in mine.
    Yes, that is me in my avatar! Kid's don't try this at home.
    CLICKY to view My Extensive Mod List!

I Support ClubWRX
    Remember also that the final drive ratio is 3.7 on the new WRX, whereas the FXT has a super fast 4.44.

I just hope that the '06 has the OL/CL transition problem ironed out. I'm still battling with that on my knocking/pinging '04 that the dealer won't do anything about.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    -- Steven Wright

The 2006 imprezas also have a few different types of models. There is the 2.5i, outback sport special edition, regular wrx, wrx limited, and the wrx tr. I don't know what differences there are between the wrx, wrx limited, and wrx tr are but I think weight might be one thing. The tr style might be a little lighter than the others and I think the limited is upgraded interior and what not because it's the most expensive of the 3 (28k-29k I believe). the "regular" wrx is still around mid 25k range and the tr is mid 24k but all these prices are the dealer prices, the tr's invoice is like $22,200 I think. DAMN I WANT ME AN IMPREZA ALREADY AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
    You might be a king or a little street sweeper but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.