Drove My Buddys 1ST GEN DSM TONIGHT!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Drove My Buddys 1ST GEN DSM TONIGHT! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; we were all hanging out downtown tonight " Williamsport " my rex and about 3 others plus my buddys 50 ...

Exclamation Drove My Buddys 1ST GEN DSM TONIGHT!

we were all hanging out downtown tonight " Williamsport " my rex and about 3 others plus my buddys 50 Trim Dsm with FMIC and 25psi also a FP Green Powered 1ST Gen anyways he let me take it for a spin by myself, last year he ran 12.5@121 and its alot faster now, i'm not used to driveing that fast of a car i just got my car Stage 4 but its not tuned yet so i really cant feel the power, but let me tell ya this thing was nuts, in 1st & 2nd gear you couldn't even think before you had to shift and 3rd & 4th on the highway were INSANE! i only drove it for about 10 minutes but it was fun i just thought i would share that with ya those 1st gens can be nuts also my roomate has a T3T4 powered 2nd Gen thats at TURBO TRIX right now its pretty insane as well!
    Fp18g, Txs RFL
    650cc PE Injectors, Walb 255 Fp3" TBE, Perrin Inlet Hose, UteC, HeliX uppipe,Stock Tmic
    STock Clutch , Stock 5 Speedn
    STI ShortBloCK 265whp 300tq @17psi Still DETUNED
    13.1 @104 Slipping Clutch

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I second this, I was a passenger of this car and it pulled like a mo fo.

Quote Originally Posted by Michaelsrex
    we were all hanging out downtown tonight " Williamsport " my rex and about 3 others plus my buddys 50 Trim Dsm with FMIC and 25psi also a FP Green Powered 1ST Gen anyways he let me take it for a spin by myself, last year he ran 12.5@121 and its alot faster now, i'm not used to driveing that fast of a car i just got my car Stage 4 but its not tuned yet so i really cant feel the power, but let me tell ya this thing was nuts, in 1st & 2nd gear you couldn't even think before you had to shift and 3rd & 4th on the highway were INSANE! i only drove it for about 10 minutes but it was fun i just thought i would share that with ya those 1st gens can be nuts also my roomate has a T3T4 powered 2nd Gen thats at TURBO TRIX right now its pretty insane as well!
    yeaaa 1G
    1994 Talon TSi - SMIC, 16G and Bolt Ons - Awaiting More Fuel and Tune
    2000 B5 GLS 1.8T Every Bolt On + Tuned GT28RS - R.I.P

fre
    Quote Originally Posted by Michaelsrex
    12.5 and a 121mph trap speed wtf? Is he rolling out?
    11.1 @ 131

12.53 @ 113 my bad
    Fp18g, Txs RFL
    650cc PE Injectors, Walb 255 Fp3" TBE, Perrin Inlet Hose, UteC, HeliX uppipe,Stock Tmic

uke
    My roommate used to have a 1st gen GSX that ran high 11's. Unfortunately, he ended up wrecking it . I always wonder why mitsubishi doesn't offer Eclipses with turbo's anymore. Those were some of the ultimate tuner cars, when they ran, that is. (hey, that comment is from the roommate, not me )
    06 GTO - yeah, it's pretty quick
    Grand Prix GTP-gone

good thing you caught it on a day that it was running.

it should be a beast being greened and all.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    good thing you caught it on a day that it was running.

it should be a beast being greened and all.
    if you take care of it there is no reason a DSM is unreliable...it gets this reputation from 18 year old kids buying one with 150K on a stock motor and tranny, running 25lbs of boost and never thinking about changing the timing belt or oil etc.

push any car like most DSM's have been pushed for an extended ammount of time without proper maitenance and see what happens
    1994 Talon TSi - SMIC, 16G and Bolt Ons - Awaiting More Fuel and Tune
    2000 B5 GLS 1.8T Every Bolt On + Tuned GT28RS - R.I.P

Quote Originally Posted by 8urVTEC
    if you take care of it there is no reason a DSM is unreliable...it gets this reputation from 18 year old kids buying one with 150K on a stock motor and tranny, running 25lbs of boost and never thinking about changing the timing belt or oil etc.

push any car like most DSM's have been pushed for an extended ammount of time without proper maitenance and see what happens

10+ year old cars break, that's all there is to it.

I Support ClubWRX
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails worthless.gif  

I know a lot of guys who have DSM and shop that deals with them a lot and has a load of DSM project cars. They break all the time, I was behind one when it did a highway pull with a 20g turbo and his engine blew up.

my buddys car is taken car of right and he's still on stock 4G63 internals runing 25psi wich is good he does have a race tranny but he takes car of it i love those cars and it amazeing what they can do being so old
    Fp18g, Txs RFL

This is my buddys other car which i've drove as well he's still on stock 14B turbo and he stock right wich brandon " Blizwinter " who is cobb Stage 2.5 from a 1ST gear roll these things are amazeing!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mills car.jpg  
    Fp18g, Txs RFL

Thumbs up

lol, my car keeps showing up all over internet forums. My 14b powered car is even with Blitzwinter's vf34 soobie.

I am more of a fan of the boxy, jdm pop-up headlight style cars. Despite being old, high-milage, and abused, i do strict maintenance on my car and i'm able to run 20+ psi daily with no problems. I didnt need any expensive ecu flash, tuning, or any of that jazz. i strictly do the tuning myself on a straight backroad which allows me to be just as fast as you guys with your new low milage boosted cars.
    fmic
    boost twister
    fuel
    afc
    big pipe out the back

Yes the car is very well taken care of..Yes things WILL break when you are pushing 400whp to parts on a 15 year old car..Yes I'm still running a stock block,stock internals,head,head gasket and studs with no cams as of yet on 25-26 psi on PUMP gas..I think that is a pretty remarkable feat considering how old the car is and that everything is stock..DSM's have bad reputations from people who buy big bad turbos for them and do not tune them or have proper supporting mods to accompany the power with..That 12.5 pass was on pump gas,a 1.8 60ft and only 22psi..I'll be going back with some race gas and around 27 psi trying for high 11's..Not having cams really chokes the motor around 7k rpms..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast