WRX vs Sentra SE-R Spec V who would win?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs Sentra SE-R Spec V who would win? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just drove a spec v today and I must say its got a lot of power, it weighs less then ...

WRX vs Sentra SE-R Spec V who would win?

Just drove a spec v today and I must say its got a lot of power, it weighs less then a WRX but doesnt have as much power, who would win in a quarter mile race?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

stock v.s. stock, definately the wrx....

u are out of your mind to even ask... when i was stock i dusted mildly modded sentra spec v and those were from a roll..... wrx hands down
    whats a signature?

ok thanks cuz that thing felt pretty darn fast

It's not quite the one sided race that the posts here would make it seem. Assuming equal driving skills than the WRX should win, but if you have a good driver in the Spec V vs. a so-so driver in the WRX its not unfathomable for the Spec V to win. You throw a I/H/E on the Spec V and its right there with a stock WRX.

Now if you level the playing field a bit and turbo the Spec a WRX on the TD04 (regardless of other mods) would have a VERY hard time in any sort of race. Turbo'd specs are running low 12's on stock internals with drag radials/slicks.

hhmmmmmm... i didnt know this
    whats a signature?

how much does it retail 4?
    whats a signature?

Base SE- R model is about 18g's. Goes up from there. They're actually not bad little cars- throw a turbo on there and it';d be fun. Handles QUITE well- possibly better than a wrx stock for stock. I've driven one a bit on an autox; was impressed with it as a stock uner 20k car.

[QUOTE=Amplified2000]It's not quite the one sided race that the posts here would make it seem. Assuming equal driving skills than the WRX should win, but if you have a good driver in the Spec V vs. a so-so driver in the WRX its not unfathomable for the Spec V to win. You throw a I/H/E on the Spec V and its right there with a stock WRX.

Now if you level the playing field a bit and turbo the Spec a WRX on the TD04 (regardless of other mods) would have a VERY hard time in any sort of race. Turbo'd specs are running low 12's on stock internals with drag radials/slicks.[/QUOTE

c'mon, it's a FWD, add a turbo to it and you'll experience a horrible torque steer and will smoke your inside tire whenever your give it more gas in a trun. Unless your driving satisfaction maxes out at the strip I'd stay away from high powered FWD cars.
    Just my .02
    Last edited by rallymaniac; 08-31-2005 at 09:34 PM.
    Straights are for fast cars...
    Turns are for fast drivers...
    Colin McRae

My PHOTOGRAPHY

with the hlsd, there is no torque steer. turbos aren't a great idea on that engine unless its low boost. its not terrible strong, but the trans is at least - it was right out of the maxima se.

i've owned both cars (both '03's) and the wrx is by far and away a faster car. spec v's do not respond well to bolt ons at all - i/h/e is going to get you into the high 14's. i rememebr when i had mine, the very best times you heard anyone pull was a 14.4, and that guy had literally every mod out there from the basic bolt ons to pullies and the knock sensor mod.

now handling, stock vs stock imo the spec v is much easier to drive on something like an autox course - its tighter, lighter, has better tires, and that helical lsd is wonderfull - its what sold me on the car! plus with a few suspension mods and all that low end tq it'll pull very hard out of turns. as the limits go up though, the sentra feels wiggly at higher speeds where the wrx is planted.
    07 WRX TR | 03 mazda6
    man a whole mess of nachos sounds good right now
    ***Hawk-Eye Alliance #95*** Kachow!!

Quote Originally Posted by yo vanilla
    with the hlsd, there is no torque steer. turbos aren't a great idea on that engine unless its low boost. its not terrible strong, but the trans is at least - it was right out of the maxima se.

i've owned both cars (both '03's) and the wrx is by far and away a faster car. spec v's do not respond well to bolt ons at all - i/h/e is going to get you into the high 14's. i rememebr when i had mine, the very best times you heard anyone pull was a 14.4, and that guy had literally every mod out there from the basic bolt ons to pullies and the knock sensor mod.

now handling, stock vs stock imo the spec v is much easier to drive on something like an autox course - its tighter, lighter, has better tires, and that helical lsd is wonderfull - its what sold me on the car! plus with a few suspension mods and all that low end tq it'll pull very hard out of turns. as the limits go up though, the sentra feels wiggly at higher speeds where the wrx is planted.
    nail on the head.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

I've worked on one with a turbo (and some engine building so that it could take it) and, while my hatred of FWD knows no bounds, as I said before I was impressed. Torque steer? Yes, but not as much as you'd think. Roasting tires? Yes. Still handles pretty nice in an autox. (That's the one I took around)

Hands down the wrx is a better car. If you tweak the suspension a bit, it wins, it already has more power, and has that " beauty of all wheel drive" we all hear so much about. I'd just rather see a kid in a Se R than in a civic so low its dragging its tailpipe and with the little led windshield wiper spritzers. I'm sure you'll agree.

Stock vs Stock I have dusted two from a dig without breaking much of a sweat. Now from a roll, I struggled with one on the highway as it seemed like my car took forever to walk one from 65mph to 90, but then again my car seems to struggle against anything from a highway roll except maybe a prius! (I still love my scooby, it just needs some mods).

I seriously considered getting one but I hear the reliability is not that good and the new ones are IMO butt ugly. I really liked the looks of the '02/'03's.

I owned an '03 Spec V and loved it. I traded it in for a truck, then down the road got my WRX wagon. The spec was far easier and, dare I say, a little more fun to drive around town. It had so much bottom end torque and short gearing that you could zip through traffic with little effort. However, I don't regret getting my wagon because there is nothing like boost (and don't forget the beauty of all wheel drive)!! If nissan had put the sr20de-t(think silvia) in the spec-v, it would have been a totally different animal (srt-4 killer??). All in all though, the spec is a great car for 18k, and the wrx is an even better car for 24k......

Quote Originally Posted by yo vanilla

I'm going to disagree with you a bit. the Spec V's do respond to bolt ons (about as well as any other NA car, you can't compare the Spec V to the WRX in terms of response to mods). I had an 03 (fully bolted with suspension mods) and ran a 14.2, there are others that have gone sub-14 with bolt-ons and cams. My 14.2 is/was enough to beat most stock WRX's out there.

I will agree with you on just about everything else, good handling + gobs of torque = fun in the twisties. The WRX IMO doesn't even come close in the handling dept stock for stock.

As far as turboing the car you can safely run up to 8 or 9 psi on stock internals, I know of one person running 10psi with Alky injection.. most folks running 8 or 9 are putting down whp/wtq in the 280 to 290 range, that coupled with the HLSD and some sticky tires makes for one hell of a beast.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.