WRX vs Sentra SE-R Spec V who would win? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on WRX vs Sentra SE-R Spec V who would win? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; traded spec v for wrx and roomate still has a spec v.......not even freaking in the same timezone. The spec ...

traded spec v for wrx and roomate still has a spec v.......not even freaking in the same timezone. The spec v has to have engine mounts from a dig just to keep the axles from breaking in half from excessive wheel hop.
    Keep the pointy end forward

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Amplified2000
    I'm going to disagree with you a bit. the Spec V's do respond to bolt ons (about as well as any other NA car, you can't compare the Spec V to the WRX in terms of response to mods). I had an 03 (fully bolted with suspension mods) and ran a 14.2, there are others that have gone sub-14 with bolt-ons and cams. My 14.2 is/was enough to beat most stock WRX's out there.
    i think when i had mine, no one had released any cams for the qr. i bet they would really wake the engine up, but without them i rememebr seeing alot of dyno graphs that celarly showed the engine could have made alot more power it it could only rev higher. the jwe ecu was supposed to help that, but to this day i'm not sure if its even out yet?
    07 WRX TR | 03 mazda6
    man a whole mess of nachos sounds good right now
    ***Hawk-Eye Alliance #95*** Kachow!!

Quote Originally Posted by yo vanilla
    i think when i had mine, no one had released any cams for the qr. i bet they would really wake the engine up, but without them i rememebr seeing alot of dyno graphs that celarly showed the engine could have made alot more power it it could only rev higher. the jwe ecu was supposed to help that, but to this day i'm not sure if its even out yet?
    Well of the shelf cams are available from JWT and Nismo (made by JWT, slightly less aggresive grind) and are good for 10-15 whp and a much better power band. JWT still hasn't released a ECU but Technosquare just did. Alot of Spec V owners are getting great results with SAFCII's and seeing gains of 10-15 whp there as well. It has been found that you really cant rev the QR too much higher than the current redline.. weak valvesprings and rediculous piston speeds are keeping it down, plus there has been talk of a nasty crank harmonic just over 7k rpms.

ya but come on.. the sentra is ugly... and its like a neon of japan..... and its no srt4 either.....
    whats a signature?

I loved the sound of my friends Spec V with GReddy Exhaust and CAI... But then again he blew his engine 4 times and got rid of it. Nissan replaced the motor on them every time. If his engine blew that easily with just those 2 mods, I'd be careful on which mod path is taken if pushed any further.

Quote Originally Posted by hksimprezawrx
    ya but come on.. the sentra is ugly... and its like a neon of japan..... and its no srt4 either.....
    Wow thanks for your input but tell me what your opinion of its looks has anything to do with this thread?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.