Cts-v?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Cts-v? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; SUp guys, im in the car market as some of you know, and im just checking out cars, and comparing ...

Cts-v?

SUp guys, im in the car market as some of you know, and im just checking out cars, and comparing them to the STI, witch is my #1 choice of car to purchase, and i came acorss the CTS-V and was looking at the specs, and its a good competitor with our STI, but its a V8, . So im wondering how the CTS matches up against the STI. Any kind of rivaly? Old racing storys>? Any encounters with a CTS-V?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Well it should kill an STi from a roll. And you will be killing cars while riding in some serious style. The 6 speed has a super long throw, but I am sure you can fix that. The independent rear gets wheel hop, which I assume slicks would cure that issue. They have a super nice engine. I met a kid a few weeks ago that has 485 rwhp, he had heads, cams, exhaust and some other things I don't remember, but it sounded buck nasty. And you can get it with the employee discount for about $10k under sticker price. I would get one over the STi, I was gonna trade my STi for one but that was before the employee discount and the price was just too high.
    New Numbers
    466 rwhp
    473 rwtq
    XX Tuning tuned
    Southpaw = Ricer with a vette & 2 Gay 2 Curios (well not yet anyway!)

Yeah but it's still a Chevy. And they seem to be having problems with reliability issues recently. But yeah, they're really nice looking and luxurious. They're two different beasts.
    WRX 2004 Cobb Stage II (91) w/Helix DP ... 13.8@96.

I need an uppipe and an exhaust!

if you have $50,000 to drop. go for it. Corvette 6speed, huge brakes, nice styling. Works for me.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

Quote Originally Posted by D0WNxSH1FT
    if you have $50,000 to drop. go for it. Corvette 6speed, huge brakes, nice styling. Works for me.
    If you're going to do that why not get the Lotus Elise for $10,000 less?
    WRX 2004 Cobb Stage II (91) w/Helix DP ... 13.8@96.

I need an uppipe and an exhaust!

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtony
    B/c the Lotus Elise doesnt have 4 doors, seat 5, or have trunk space for golf clubs.

No one says hmm, i think ill get either an Elise or a CTS-V. they are nothing a like.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtony
    The Elise is not made to be a daily driver. In fact, it was considered one of the worst cars you can buy as a daily driver.. but in-turn, it was also rated the +1 most fun car as a weekend driver.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_montana87
    SUp guys, im in the car market as some of you know, and im just checking out cars, and comparing them to the STI, witch is my #1 choice of car to purchase, and i came acorss the CTS-V and was looking at the specs, and its a good competitor with our STI, but its a V8, . So im wondering how the CTS matches up against the STI. Any kind of rivaly? Old racing storys>? Any encounters with a CTS-V?
    It is def. a nice due to the 6spd trans, large brakes, corvette V8 putting out nice HP numbers, and does not handle half bad either. It is a nice sports sedan with decent looks and I would personally take one over an STi if money was not an object.. but considering it costs $20k more than an STi I am not sure I would take the cts-v then. I remember you were considering an M3 and an STi about a month ago, and honestly the M3 is a much better car than the CTS-V is so I say an M3 would be a much better purchase over a CTS-V.

You seem to be comparing apples and oranges here. You have compared an STi with an M3 and CTS-V. The M3 and CTS-V are sports cars with luxury, refinement, and a name. You get power, you get smooth acceleration, awesome all around performance, RWD and phenominal luxury components. Which is why you pay so much more for those over the STi. With the STi you get AWD, power, handling, great modability, but is a very "raw" car. Do not expect luxury and refinement from this car. So it depends on what you really want. Do you want power, handling, braking, paired with luxury, status, and refinement for a higher price, or just a raw and brute forced car that is 100% directed towards performance?
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

good point DTR, hmmmmmmm i want a little bit of both lol! justl ike all of us. But i really gotta put some thought into this. Thanks for the post.

There is a guy that comes into my work who gave me a ride in his V and it was absolutely insane we were cruising at about 50 and he hit it, lets just say his pull from 50 was a hell of a lot more intense then my wrx from a stop, the car is wikedly fast and when it comes to the interior,WOW, overall probably the best car ive been in.

"sitting in the corner in Rick Roll timeout" chanwahyaoh's Avatar
    B/c the Lotus Elise doesnt have 4 doors, seat 5, or have trunk space for golf clubs.

No one says hmm, i think ill get either an Elise or a CTS-V. they are nothing a like.
    I think he was trying to compare against buying the corvette, not the CTS-V.
    Turtles are nature's suction cups.
    .____
    ||J || R.I.P.
    ||__||
    |/__\|

I Support ClubWRX
    I laid the smack down on a CTS-V when they first popped up.

Why are you looking at a CTS-V and an STI? I think a better comparo would be to a Legacy GT, no? I mean, they're more similarly sized. The LGT definitely has a nicer more luxurious interior compared to an STI. With a few mods, the LGT can be quite a beast. Just some food for thought...
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by chanwahyaoh
    I think he was trying to compare against buying the corvette, not the CTS-V.
    What Corvette? We are talking about a CTS-V.

L-GT is a lot slower than a STi/CTS-V

i was driving behind a CTS today, and it sounded like a beast

What Corvette? We are talking about a CTS-V.

L-GT is a lot slower than a STi/CTS-V
    Ummm. You were the one who mentioned a vette.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.