Cts-v? - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

This is a discussion on Cts-v? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; ok...this thread is kind of getting oriented more towards personalities and not towards the original posters aims. Please keep the ...

I Support ClubWRX
    ok...this thread is kind of getting oriented more towards personalities and not towards the original posters aims. Please keep the personal comments you yourselves and focus on the issue at hand. Some decent info in this thread...I would hate to have it locked.

Cheers...and please play nice
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick:6:STi
    Easy, they have different engines (LS6- CTS V/ LS2- GTO)
    FYI:
    For 2006 the CTS-V will be getting the LS2. It will have the same engine and transmission as the GTO.

Carry On
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

nice, now you're getting you'r buddies to support the argument,
    it's a waste of time, told you, you don't understand
    Straights are for fast cars...
    Turns are for fast drivers...
    Colin McRae

My PHOTOGRAPHY

Alright I will stop, but you were wrong and being a fanboy is really annoying. You need to learn more about other cars before claiming your WRXis better. The waste of time was you bringing your Fanboyism into it.

Ahh but midnight we were not talking about the 06, just the 05. But the LS2 is badass though. Besides why get a 6.0L V8 when you can have a 2.0L with a softer dash.
    New Numbers
    466 rwhp
    473 rwtq
    XX Tuning tuned
    Southpaw = Ricer with a vette & 2 Gay 2 Curios (well not yet anyway!)

from the very first post i told you to compare it to the same price range car but you seem not to uderstand what people want to tell you. Why the hell do you still stick to that dash thing. You can't back it up with any other info? I'ts not the matter of "would i want my WRX or CTS-V, it's about american cars in general being a lot worse than european or japanese competition.
    CTS-V has a lot worse interior that cars(import) in its pirce range. It's ture and live with it.
    The first argument was why buy CTS-V if you can have same car for $20k less and i don't remember talking about 2005. Dude you need to chill out.
    Did your buddy have problem with his WRX because he was moving it in the driveway or because did he mod the $hit out of it and expect to have same reliability? That's a first time i hear about someone's belt jumping on a stock car and i don't recall any threads about it here on ClubWRX either.
    Stop being so stock up and face the truth.
    I'm done with this thread
    Colin McRae

My PHOTOGRAPHY

Your first post

Quote Originally Posted by rallymaniac
    why buy CTS-V if you can have GTO?????
    Same company, same engine, but $20k cheaper.
    Your second post
    but both are 6.0l V8 with 400HP so it's no difference to me
    and both have same low quality materials used to finish the interior so it dosn't matter either
    And then you got butt hurt when you were corrected about the engines, so you said your dash was better lol. I really liked the no cheap plasti comment.

ummm in some parts, yes, WRX dashboard is better because it's soft, no cheap gray plastic there. And why shouldn't i be an import fanboy, there is no single Domestic car that i'd want now (assuming we talk about GTO being originally Autralian Holden) because they all handle like boats and please let's not go back to the interior quality.
    So you started out bashing Domestics NOT talking about comparing price ranges. With zero information about the domestics. Next time know what you are doing.

as was posted by gloveperson:
    http://www.jdpower.com/news/releases/vds2005089.asp

Read it and tell me where caddy is in reliability as apposed to Subie, or BMW, or Mercedes, I thought we cleared this up. Now stop your fanboyism and realize that japanese cars aren't the end-all-be-all for reliability. Looks like Caddy is much more reliable. SO I guess it is a much worse car. If you would look at the Caddy interior, it is just as nice as any car in its price range.

As for my brother's WRX, it is Bone Stock, down to the original filter. So there goes your theory meat head.
    New Numbers
    466 rwhp
    473 rwtq
    XX Tuning tuned

I Support ClubWRX
    Ladies and gents, lets bring the tone of this down a notch or two. We have gone soo far from the main topic and I'm way too close to having this thread flagged and closed...
    Last edited by MidKnight; 09-07-2005 at 01:38 PM.
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

You are correct sir!

I just had to prove my point, or something like that!
    New Numbers
    466 rwhp
    473 rwtq
    XX Tuning tuned

And then you got butt hurt when you were corrected about the engines, so you said your dash was better lol. I really liked the no cheap plasti comment.
    Quote Originally Posted by MidKnight
    FYI:
    For 2006 the CTS-V will be getting the LS2. It will have the same engine and transmission as the GTO.

Carry On
    who was wrong???
    Colin McRae

My PHOTOGRAPHY

I Support ClubWRX
    Your first post

Your second post

So you started out bashing Domestics NOT talking about comparing price ranges. With zero information about the domestics. Next time know what you are doing.

as was posted by gloveperson:
    http://www.jdpower.com/news/releases/vds2005089.asp

Read it and tell me where caddy is in reliability as apposed to Subie, or BMW, or Mercedes, I thought we cleared this up. Now stop your fanboyism and realize that japanese cars aren't the end-all-be-all for reliability. Looks like Caddy is much more reliable. SO I guess it is a much worse car. If you would look at the Caddy interior, it is just as nice as any car in its price range.

As for my brother's WRX, it is Bone Stock, down to the original filter. So there goes your theory meat head.
    You know, I get what you are saying and actually would support most of the facts you are standing on. However, when you interject it with stuff like "fanboy", "butt-hurt", and "meathead", it pretty much moves you from a knowledgeable source to a "who cares" source. Since I don't have the ability to close threads in this forum, I've requested those that do to make it happen. In the future, I hope you consider name-calling to be what it comes across as...childish and immature. I've seen other posts by you, and you normally don't sink to this level. Please raise it back up to your normal, knowledable level and don't let other's opinions get to you so easy. It's just a forum...and not worth it in the end.
    Last edited by YBNormal07; 09-07-2005 at 04:12 PM.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

I don't believe the 06 is even available yet.
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

Wow....This thread got out of hand.

Yes, a CTS-V's interior is not as good as other 50k dollar cars, but then again, most 50k dollar cars don't have 400 HP and lap the 'ring as fast as the CTS-V. We could go on and say the STi does not have a very nice interior for its price.

The CTS on the other hand has a very nice interior for its price.
    04 Silver STi M6

Who care about interior, that is a debate for thr RSX type S kids and VW owners.
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456