Cts-v? - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 88

This is a discussion on Cts-v? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by rallymaniac why buy CTS-V if you can have GTO????? Same company, same engine, but k cheaper. Easy, ...

  1. #61
    Registered User Slick:6:STi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Norwich, CT
    Posts
    473
    Quote Originally Posted by rallymaniac
    why buy CTS-V if you can have GTO?????
    Same company, same engine, but $20k cheaper.
    Easy, they have different engines (LS6- CTS V/ LS2- GTO), the CTS-V has style and nice lines (IMO) while the GTO looks like a bloated cavalier sometimes and other times it looks like a grand am. And while the interior of the GTO is nice, it is not as nice as the CTS-V.
    New Numbers
    466 rwhp
    473 rwtq
    XX Tuning tuned
    Southpaw = Ricer with a vette & 2 Gay 2 Curios (well not yet anyway!)

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #62
    Registered User rallymaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Special Stage
    Posts
    2,833
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick:6:STi
    Easy, they have different engines (LS6- CTS V/ LS2- GTO), the CTS-V has style and nice lines (IMO) while the GTO looks like a bloated cavalier sometimes and other times it looks like a grand am. And while the interior of the GTO is nice, it is not as nice as the CTS-V.
    but both are 6.0l V8 with 400HP so it's no difference to me
    and both have same low quality materials used to finish the interior so it dosn't matter either
    Straights are for fast cars...
    Turns are for fast drivers...
    Colin McRae

    My PHOTOGRAPHY

  4. #63
    Registered User br3ez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ / NEU, Boston
    Posts
    2,139
    there was a cts-v at englishtown on subaru vs. evo day. i forget the times it putting up but i can remember that the car roared. it was pretty loud.
    2005 WRX
    UTEC Stage 2 (Catless)

    250.02 WHP
    249.27 WTQ
    Junior Tuned

  5. #64
    Registered User Slick:6:STi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Norwich, CT
    Posts
    473
    Quote Originally Posted by rallymaniac
    but both are 6.0l V8 with 400HP so it's no difference to me
    and both have same low quality materials used to finish the interior so it dosn't matter either
    Oh yes, so your WRX has better interior. Haha, that is good stuff. Did you gut the car and put in a totally new interior?

    And I believe the the Caddy is a 5.7L so yeah it is a different engine.

    Don't be an import fanboy, it is very unbecoming of you.
    New Numbers
    466 rwhp
    473 rwtq
    XX Tuning tuned
    Southpaw = Ricer with a vette & 2 Gay 2 Curios (well not yet anyway!)

  6. #65
    Registered User Slick:6:STi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Norwich, CT
    Posts
    473
    Quote Originally Posted by br3ez
    there was a cts-v at englishtown on subaru vs. evo day. i forget the times it putting up but i can remember that the car roared. it was pretty loud.
    That was the one with the heads, cam and exhaust. It was sick, I ran into him on the highway. And then talked to him for a while at e-town. 480 at the wheels if I remember correctly.
    New Numbers
    466 rwhp
    473 rwtq
    XX Tuning tuned
    Southpaw = Ricer with a vette & 2 Gay 2 Curios (well not yet anyway!)

  7. #66
    Registered User rallymaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Special Stage
    Posts
    2,833
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick:6:STi
    Oh yes, so your WRX has better interior. Haha, that is good stuff. Did you gut the car and put in a totally new interior?

    And I believe the the Caddy is a 5.7L so yeah it is a different engine.

    Don't be an import fanboy, it is very unbecoming of you.
    ummm in some parts, yes, WRX dashboard is better because it's soft, no cheap gray plastic there. And why shouldn't i be an import fanboy, there is no single Domestic car that i'd want now (assuming we talk about GTO being originally Autralian Holden) because they all handle like boats and please let's not go back to the interior quality.
    Straights are for fast cars...
    Turns are for fast drivers...
    Colin McRae

    My PHOTOGRAPHY

  8. #67
    Registered User Slick:6:STi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Norwich, CT
    Posts
    473
    Quote Originally Posted by rallymaniac
    ummm in some parts, yes, WRX dashboard is better because it's soft, no cheap gray plastic there. And why shouldn't i be an import fanboy, there is no single Domestic car that i'd want now (assuming we talk about GTO being originally Autralian Holden) because they all handle like boats and please let's not go back to the interior quality.
    HAHA, it's soft so it is a better interior, wow. I guess the leather and all of the other goodies in the CTS-V is just crap compared to your WRX. I have been in plenty of WRXs and STis (I had one), and the interior isn't even close to a CTS-V or the GTO. I will wager money you have never been in either car so your opinion is basically moot anyway. You are just giving the typical ricer argument, about handling and whatnot. Go out and drive some cars, not cavaliers, and you will see how wrong you are. You probably think a WRX handles better than the new Vette too, get a clue.
    New Numbers
    466 rwhp
    473 rwtq
    XX Tuning tuned
    Southpaw = Ricer with a vette & 2 Gay 2 Curios (well not yet anyway!)

  9. #68
    Registered User rallymaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Special Stage
    Posts
    2,833
    FYI i've been doing a valet job for about 2 years and most likely drove cars that both me and you won't be able to afford in near future. But that's irrelevant because we're talking now about caddies and "american quality" in general. I drove pretty much everyting that's on the road right now, and i've been doing it every day so i know what looks and kinda drives. And again there is nothing domestic on the road now that can compare to equal value of an import. WRX is not over $50k car, why don't you compare a $50k imported car to your CTS-V?? Because there is no comparision
    WRX has way better materials than $23k worth domestic car, yeah i like the dashboard soft so it doesnt feel like Rubbermaid plastic garbage can when you touch it.
    Well maybe ricers do have point, don't you think? Or maybe to you everyone is a ricer who cares about anything more than a huge engine and 1/4 mile times
    Straights are for fast cars...
    Turns are for fast drivers...
    Colin McRae

    My PHOTOGRAPHY

  10. #69
    Registered User rallymaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Special Stage
    Posts
    2,833
    oh, and i encourage you to get out of your cobra and drive some decent cars and you'll feel what i'm talking about, and by "drive" i don't mean flooring it and going "OMG thtat thing is f'n fast, who gives a damn if it's crappy on the inside"
    Straights are for fast cars...
    Turns are for fast drivers...
    Colin McRae

    My PHOTOGRAPHY

  11. #70
    Registered User Slick:6:STi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Norwich, CT
    Posts
    473
    Rally you are a numb nut. I had an STi, I have had a 5 series BMW, I now have a Cobra, I had an 87 Ford Country Squire Station wagon, I have driven my uncles turbo 911 and his 360 Modena Challenge Stradale. So I think I have been in some decent cars. OOH you are a vlaet guy, you must get to drive the piss out of cars for like 10 seconds, and taking those curves in the parking garage must be a real great experience. BTW, the softest dash was the 87, so that must have been the best interior. All that hard CF in the 360 definately felt like crap to me. You were the one who said the WRX had a better interior so I compared it to the WRX, also there is cheap plastic in the dash of the WRX, look at your stereo area and you might notice it there, also around the vents, and even if you got the CF replacement set, guess what, it is still plastic and just looks like CF.

    I called you a ricer fanboy because that is what you are. You will only give credit to imports and since you don't know anything about domestics, or you just listen to what all your friends with Hondas have to say, you think just like the rest of them. Oh wait you drive them once in a while for 2 minutes ata time, you do really know your stuff, I guess
    New Numbers
    466 rwhp
    473 rwtq
    XX Tuning tuned
    Southpaw = Ricer with a vette & 2 Gay 2 Curios (well not yet anyway!)

  12. #71
    Registered User rallymaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Special Stage
    Posts
    2,833
    oh, so now only honda is an import, or maybe that's the car you only know ?? You still didn't compare price to price. And it is cool to be Valet and i'm not ashamed of it because when you take BMW or VW or Lexus for a 2 minute spin and than you jump in to some POS Ford you can feel the difference right away. At least i don't go to "my uncle has... my friend drove this and he told me..." bull crap. You had Crappy Fords, BMW and STi and if you still can't see the difference between these two imports and the domestics than you're not worth talking to.
    I didn't say WRX interior, to be specific, i said dashboard which has a nice feel to it. There is some worse plastics here and there but once again it's not $50k car.
    So i'm ricer, just like this whole forum because i dirive WRX and i like it, i'll live with it. Go take your domstic crap to the strip where you can jerk off to it because you did 11sec time, and than put it into a garage for the winter, and i'll be laughing my a$$ off at you. Thank you and i'm not talking to you because you obviously can't understand what i'm talking about.
    Straights are for fast cars...
    Turns are for fast drivers...
    Colin McRae

    My PHOTOGRAPHY

  13. #72
    Registered User Slick:6:STi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Norwich, CT
    Posts
    473
    Rally you are an idiot, read closer next time. I said I drove the cars, remember you said I need to go out and drive different cars, you can't even get your arguments straight. You are a ricer if you think your WRX has a better anything than a CTS-V, just because you own it doesn't mean it is the end all be all, and you did say it had a nicer dash, even though you claim there is no cheap plastic, which there is. My "POS Ford" is better than your WRX, in just about evey way except in the snow, it is faster and believe it or not handles better too with its IRS, if you know what that is. If you knew anything about cars this would be a worthwhile argument, but you can go back to sudying for quizes in high school and maybe one day get a career rather than a job.
    New Numbers
    466 rwhp
    473 rwtq
    XX Tuning tuned
    Southpaw = Ricer with a vette & 2 Gay 2 Curios (well not yet anyway!)

  14. #73
    Registered User Slick:6:STi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Norwich, CT
    Posts
    473
    Oh yeah, the starter on my Brother's 2004 WRX went out on him the other day, it only has 19,000 miles on it. And the funny thing is I convinced him to get it and a buddy of mine to get one because I like the cars. And I got them a great hook-up on their deals.

    Stop being butt hurt because I don't think your WRX is totally wicked awesome. BTW, I can afford a winter car so I don't have to worry about driving my Cobra in the winter, even though driving a car in the winter is just so cool.
    New Numbers
    466 rwhp
    473 rwtq
    XX Tuning tuned
    Southpaw = Ricer with a vette & 2 Gay 2 Curios (well not yet anyway!)

  15. #74
    Registered User Slick:6:STi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Norwich, CT
    Posts
    473
    UPDATE: I just got off the phone with my Bro, he needs new vavlve heads, his timing belt jumped while he was moving the car in his driveway, that is nuts. And the irony of it all...

    He now nas to drive his 1989 "Ford POS" Mustang GT, the one he has never had a problem with.
    New Numbers
    466 rwhp
    473 rwtq
    XX Tuning tuned
    Southpaw = Ricer with a vette & 2 Gay 2 Curios (well not yet anyway!)

  16. #75
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    3
    How in the hell can anyone compare a CTS-V to a WRX or STi??? Seriously...stay away from the paint chips, and move out from underneath the high power lines. A CTS-V is in SUCH a different world than a WRX or STi...that's like trying to compare a Lamborghini Diablo VT 6.0 to a Kia Rio...(and for those of you who will take that analogy literally...recess is almost over...go back to class)...it just can't be done...they are in 2 different classes...

    Quote Originally Posted by rallymaniac
    why buy CTS-V if you can have GTO?????
    Same company, same engine, but $20k cheaper.
    Because of the simple refinements of a Cadillac as compared to a GTO...durrrrrrr...

    Quote Originally Posted by Slick:6:STi
    And I believe the the Caddy is a 5.7L so yeah it is a different engine.
    You are correct...

    Quote Originally Posted by rallymaniac
    WRX dashboard is better because it's soft
    What? Is yers wrapped in pink shag carpet?? How would you consider a WRX dash soft?

    Quote Originally Posted by rallymaniac
    oh, and i encourage you to get out of your cobra and drive some decent cars
    Unless you've been in HIS Cobra...STFU.

    Quote Originally Posted by rallymaniac
    And it is cool to be Valet and i'm not ashamed of it because when you take BMW or VW or Lexus for a 2 minute spin
    Hmmmmm...a 2 min spin? From the front door to a parking spot?? And you can actually tell what a car is like from that...or are you one of those douche-bag valets that rips on the cars they're parking??

    Isn't it funny....that the majority of the posts I'm quoting, come from a person that as it seems to me...has no idea what in the hell they are talking about. Continue to drive your WRX...continue to talk smack about something that you haven't the faintest comcept of...and please...post where you are a valet at...so I'll know never to go there, nor to send anyone that I know.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •