Cts-v? - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 88

This is a discussion on Cts-v? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by uke Looking through that list, I see a LOT of Chevys, Buicks, and Cadillacs in the top ...

  1. #46
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by uke
    Looking through that list, I see a LOT of Chevys, Buicks, and Cadillacs in the top spots for reliability (all GM cars). hmmm.....
    2002 Camaro was one of the top three

    I am neither import nor domestic bias and I can say that the E46 M3 is more fun than the Caddy, but the Caddy is also better than the S4 (even the new one). I have also driven all three of them; something that many of you probably have not (taking a wild guess). AWD, while very good is not best for fun (even though I am selling my RWD car for an AWD car..)

    The Caddy has an awful shifter, but the M3's is no better and the S4 reminded me of a truck's shifter with its long handle. None of their clutch/shifter combo make me happy.

    The power of the Caddy is just there, in strait aways..around turns..braking..G's..etc. IDK how it stacks up in all of those, but it will be 1st in some, 2nd in some, 3rd in some etc.

    Styling inside and out is all subjective..but the M3 has the worst interior of them all while the Audi has the worst exterior of them all. I cannot get over that stupid front-end. It looks good in Europe with their long, skinny front plates. But around here it is gross. That leaves the BMW and the Caddy for the exterior and I have no favorites. The Audi has a better interior though.

    Just my .02.
    04 Silver STi M6

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #47
    Registered User WiCkeDrEx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    VietNam
    Posts
    1,481
    Quote Originally Posted by uke
    Point taken on the Legacy, I do agree that it is a nice car and the same "type" of car the CTS-V is. I wouldn't mind owning a Legacy GT myself.



    I don't think so man. If you look at the reliability rankings for the past few years for new cars, you'll find that most of them are domestics (I'll try to dig it up later). You'll also find different results depending on who conducts the survey. Frankly, some automotive magizines have such a big import bias, it's laughable. However, from personal experience (yeah, I know its not scientific), my family has owned both domestic imports, and the domestics have on average, FAR outlasted the imports we've had. This included an 89 Caddilac (still ticking strong with 260K miles), a Honda Accord that didn't last long, Chevy Baretta that's I've since given to a friend that's lasted forever (I forget how many miles), and my current car that has one of the world's most reliable engines in it. Granted, I'm a little biased towards domestics, but that's because I go with what works for me. There's also quite a few imports that I like (most Acura's and of course the STI)

    Anyway--Carry on Carry on (That sounds like a song)
    Come on now.... Everybody knows domestic car would not out last imports. It's just a fact. Like it or not....
    13.7 at 98.74 MPH / Stock TD04 & No EM

  4. #48
    Registered User DTR rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Chi-town, IL
    Posts
    27,076
    Quote Originally Posted by WiCkeDrEx
    Come on now.... Everybody knows domestic car would not out last imports. It's just a fact. Like it or not....
    not in "all" cases.. Dont forget cars like Audi and VW who always seem to some of the most unreliable cars on the road. American cars are not always unreliable, but you compare the average american car to the average import and imports usually kick their ass in reliability and need for maintenance. With cars companies making cars like Lexus and Toyota's I dont think we will ever see american cars on the top of the list.

    I must say though, American car companies have gotten MUCH better with reliability.. but again, they are lightyears behind Toyota and Honda.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

  5. #49
    uke
    uke is offline
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Lawrence, KS
    Posts
    832
    Quote Originally Posted by WiCkeDrEx
    Come on now.... Everybody knows domestic car would not out last imports. It's just a fact. Like it or not....
    *cough* http://www.jdpower.com/news/releases/vds2005089.asp
    06 GTO - yeah, it's pretty quick
    Grand Prix GTP-gone

  6. #50
    Registered User WiCkeDrEx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    VietNam
    Posts
    1,481
    Quote Originally Posted by uke
    I don't kow what you are coughing about. My friend has a ford with only about 100k on it and it broke already. My daily integra daily driver got almost 260k on it and still running fine. That's the fact.

    DTR, what's up with your debate? I never said in all cases. But if you were to ask which one would last longer, most people would said japanese. I meant japanese (imports) not German (imports). Even you stated domestic is not as reliable...
    Last edited by WiCkeDrEx; 09-03-2005 at 07:01 PM.
    13.7 at 98.74 MPH / Stock TD04 & No EM

  7. #51
    uke
    uke is offline
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Lawrence, KS
    Posts
    832
    Quote Originally Posted by WiCkeDrEx
    I don't kow what you are coughing about. My friend has a ford with only about 100k on it and it broke already. My daily integra daily driver got almost 260k on it and still running fine. That's the fact.

    DTR, what's up with your debate? I never said in all cases. But if you were to ask which one would last longer, most people would said japanese. I meant japanese (imports) not German (imports). Even you stated domestic is not as reliable...
    Well, we have a Caddy with over 260K miles that runs fine still, and that's the fact. What's your point?

    The *cough* was because of your blanket statement that reeked of fanboy-ness. Now, DTR, Midknight, and others actually gave good arguments for their points, as well as Slick:6:STi and Gloveperson, even though they were arguing from different sides. They even gave references to factual links (that were already posted in the thread) that gave thorough statistical proof (the JD Power report) to back up their point.

    Now, you have a friend who's Ford died after 100K miles. JD Powers, on the other hand, conducts a very wide sweeping survey showing several domestic brands (namely Cadillac and Buick) being MORE reliable than even Honda and Toyota, though Chevy (not by much) and Ford lagged behind. The cough was also in pointing out the factual (not "this happened to my friend, therefore it's true) evidence contradicted your claim.

    If you're going to take one side or another, quit sounding like a fanboy and at least make an intelligent argument to back up your point. Others have (on your side, even) but have been able to do so and maintain a good amount of credibility. You sound more like a ricer than a car "enthusiast" (one who appreciates ALL cars). Enthusiasts actually know what they're talking about, whereas ricers...well...don't.

    (and before anyone accuses me of being a domestic fanboy, I'm also usually the one calling out people like WiCkeDrEx who make "imports suck compared to any domestic" statements as well. It's just that I don't see much of that side going on here )
    Last edited by uke; 09-03-2005 at 08:21 PM.
    06 GTO - yeah, it's pretty quick
    Grand Prix GTP-gone

  8. #52
    uke
    uke is offline
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Lawrence, KS
    Posts
    832
    Another thing...

    Quote Originally Posted by WiCkeDrEx
    But if you were to ask which one would last longer, most people would said japanese.
    Quite frankly, most people are sheep who believe whatever other people tell them, regardless facts.
    06 GTO - yeah, it's pretty quick
    Grand Prix GTP-gone

  9. #53
    Registered User WiCkeDrEx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    VietNam
    Posts
    1,481
    Quote Originally Posted by uke
    Well, we have a Caddy with over 260K miles that runs fine still, and that's the fact. What's your point?

    The *cough* was because of your blanket statement that reeked of fanboy-ness. Now, DTR, Midknight, and others actually gave good arguments for their points, as well as Slick:6:STi and Gloveperson, even though they were arguing from different sides. They even gave references to factual links (that were already posted in the thread) that gave thorough statistical proof (the JD Power report) to back up their point.

    Now, you have a friend who's Ford died after 100K miles. JD Powers, on the other hand, conducts a very wide sweeping survey showing several domestic brands (namely Cadillac and Buick) being MORE reliable than even Honda and Toyota, though Chevy (not by much) and Ford lagged behind. The cough was also in pointing out the factual (not "this happened to my friend, therefore it's true) evidence contradicted your claim.

    If you're going to take one side or another, quit sounding like a fanboy and at least make an intelligent argument to back up your point. Others have (on your side, even) but have been able to do so and maintain a good amount of credibility. You sound more like a ricer than a car "enthusiast" (one who appreciates ALL cars). Enthusiasts actually know what they're talking about, whereas ricers...well...don't.

    (and before anyone accuses me of being a domestic fanboy, I'm also usually the one calling out people like WiCkeDrEx who make "imports suck compared to any domestic" statements as well. It's just that I don't see much of that side going on here )
    Wow you must have a lot of time to type all this up for me. Thank you for wasting your time because i have no time to read your long post... lol smart boy...
    13.7 at 98.74 MPH / Stock TD04 & No EM

  10. #54
    uke
    uke is offline
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Lawrence, KS
    Posts
    832
    You ARE only 17, aren't you? Thanks for conceding the argument.
    06 GTO - yeah, it's pretty quick
    Grand Prix GTP-gone

  11. #55
    Registered User DTR rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Chi-town, IL
    Posts
    27,076
    Quote Originally Posted by WiCkeDrEx

    DTR, what's up with your debate? I never said in all cases. But if you were to ask which one would last longer, most people would said japanese. I meant japanese (imports) not German (imports). Even you stated domestic is not as reliable...
    yeah, I know in general imports are more reliable... But I was just clearing up the whole VW, Audi thing for the record. Some American cars will go long, but for the most part, they are not even SLIGHTLY or REMOTELY close to companies such as Toyota and Honda.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

  12. #56
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    yeah, I know in general imports are more reliable... But I was just clearing up the whole VW, Audi thing for the record. Some American cars will go long, but for the most part, they are not even SLIGHTLY or REMOTELY close to companies such as Toyota and Honda.
    except buick and lincoln as of late. Those suckers last forever.
    04 Silver STi M6

  13. #57
    Registered User DTR rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Chi-town, IL
    Posts
    27,076
    Quote Originally Posted by Gloveperson
    except buick and lincoln as of late. Those suckers last forever.
    eh, again... It is all relative.

    I have seen both with mad problems. One of the biggest parts of how reliable your car is depends on how you take car of it though... That can make ALL the difference.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

  14. #58
    Registered User rallymaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Special Stage
    Posts
    2,833
    why buy CTS-V if you can have GTO?????
    Same company, same engine, but $20k cheaper.
    Straights are for fast cars...
    Turns are for fast drivers...
    Colin McRae

    My PHOTOGRAPHY

  15. #59
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    l.a. / sierras
    Posts
    164
    I gotta chime in here.

    Because noone has mentioned how fugly the CTS is. The angles on the front end make my eyes hurt.

    If you want to spend 50k on a mega sedan my vote is an e39 m5. The last real bimmer before they threw the classic look into the sh!tter, and went to a SMG gearbox. (I don't how great it shifts, I wanna shift myself).
    Last edited by protocol0; 09-05-2005 at 12:37 AM.

  16. #60
    Registered User Cheers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    368
    The CTS V is one of the only American cars that I have seen car mags in Europe rave about. I would consider one.
    "Winners generally are not nice people, they try to be but are immensely selfish, immensely arrogant, have total belief in their own ability and nothing else matters when they are at work." -Eddie Jordan

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •