Cts-v? - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Cts-v? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by D0WNxSH1FT What Corvette? We are talking about a CTS-V. L-GT is a lot slower than a STi/CTS-V ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by D0WNxSH1FT
    What Corvette? We are talking about a CTS-V.

L-GT is a lot slower than a STi/CTS-V
    hmmmm....define slower? So that makes a WRX a huge bunch slower?
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

my father had one of the first 04's that showed up n southen cali, it was a fun car... ATE GAS LIKE A TRUCK!!! and was nice and comfortable but when racing around the suspension did get tighter.... we beat a 03 zo6 in it... THAT was fun... but he sold it to get his 745IL, it was a nice car.... did get wheel hop and when downshifting into corners was WAY to easy to get totally sideways... but in a straight line not much could beat it... my dad raced my freinds father in there E55 and didnt get beat by much mayb 2 car lenghts and there was 3 people in the V and 1 in the E55.... so it might have been a closer race if there werent 3 guys over 250 in the V.. i say they are nice.. and comfy and stuff but be prepared to get 12 miles to the gallon (if your lucky) my dad averaged 10.5 and he wasnt mashing the pedal all the time. also if memory serves me right it ways close to 4K pounds i think its like 3800-3900
    Adam
    i plus one for a STI just much more tuner style....

Quote Originally Posted by IHRTWRX
    Ummm. You were the one who mentioned a vette.
    I said Corvette 6 speed. the CTS-V comes w/ a Corvette 6speed transmission.
    Last edited by D0WNxSH1FT; 08-31-2005 at 08:46 PM.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07
    hmmmm....define slower? So that makes a WRX a huge bunch slower?
    L-GT runs a 5.8 0-60 and a 14.0 or so 1/4mi. the CTS-V runs under a 5.0 0-60 and a low 1/4 mi time.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

I Support ClubWRX
    I've seen times quoted for the CTS-V for the 0-60 anywhere from 5.7 to 4.2 (I don't believe that anyway... that's WAY too fast), and I've seen the 1/4 mile times from 13.7-13.3. That's not a lot to me. And we all now how cheap it is to get some extra ponies out of the LGT (not to turn this inot one of those "If you take the money you would have spent with the cts and put it into mods for the lgt..." type of arguements).
    With these two cars it really comes down to a price issue. The cadillac costs ~$20k more. You do get more, but do you really need it and is what you're getting worth $20k?
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

GM has come out with a fix for the wheel hop problem. The dealer should take care of it free of charge.

If you have the money, cop yourself the CTS-V. That car is straight pimp!
    13.7 at 98.74 MPH / Stock TD04 & No EM

I have heard that the 05's are better than the 04 CTS V's so keep that in mind. First year problems and that kind of BS. If you get the 05 CTS V you will definately enjoy it a ton. I would take one over any other sedan on the market right now (in its price range and lower).
    New Numbers
    466 rwhp
    473 rwtq
    XX Tuning tuned
    Southpaw = Ricer with a vette & 2 Gay 2 Curios (well not yet anyway!)

I still think that for the money of the CTS-V the M3 would be a better buy.

Also, as midknight mentioned, the LGT should not be out of the question either. The interior is very nice and 2 magazines have called it "audi like".. Not to mention 4doors, awd, and with about $1,000 you can go stageII and run low 13's.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

M3 and CTS V are completely different classes, a small 2 door coupe vs. a large 4 door sedan. I hate the M3 anyway, and most cars German. Too many expensive problems for me, when I had mine. The only thing cool about M3s is wasting them on the highway with a "regular old Mustang"
    New Numbers
    466 rwhp
    473 rwtq
    XX Tuning tuned
    Southpaw = Ricer with a vette & 2 Gay 2 Curios (well not yet anyway!)

uke
    Yeah but it's still a Chevy. And they seem to be having problems with reliability issues recently. But yeah, they're really nice looking and luxurious. They're two different beasts.
    Why are you looking at a CTS-V and an STI? I think a better comparo would be to a Legacy GT, no?
    Holy cow, talk about import bias ignorance at its finest

First of all, the CTS-V is a Cadillac, not a Chevy (yes, I know they're both GM, but that's not the point). Second, I can't beleive you're comparing a Legacy GT to a CTS-V. Nothing against the Legacy, as its a nice quick car, but holy cow man, that's like a Honda owner going "yeah, my Accord is comparable to a Mercedes, and it costs less"

(note, I'm not a domestic fanboy either, but some of these comments are just plain stupid)

The CTS-V is a beast of a car, same engine as the C5 Z06 (400hp). I got to test drive one recently, great interior and insane power. It's often advertised as "America's M5, at 2/3 the cost".

Carry on
    06 GTO - yeah, it's pretty quick
    Grand Prix GTP-gone

BMW=Big Money Waste

but i cant help it i love m3's too.
    EVO III 16g'd wagon
    stock tranny goin strong
    .. already ready for a bigger turbo
    - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chanwahyaoh
    Sometimes after I go poo, I just blank out and mindlessly continue my upward wipe all the way up the small of my back and end up smearing brown all over myself. Just kidding. That sucks about your laundry though...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    I still think that for the money of the CTS-V the M3 would be a better buy.

Also, as midknight mentioned, the LGT should not be out of the question either. The interior is very nice and 2 magazines have called it "audi like".. Not to mention 4doors, awd, and with about $1,000 you can go stageII and run low 13's.
    And still get 30 MPG...just did it on a 300 mile trip tonight. Set the cruise at 72 and away she went. Nice to have with gas like it is now.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by uke
    Holy cow, talk about import bias ignorance at its finest

First of all, the CTS-V is a Cadillac, not a Chevy (yes, I know they're both GM, but that's not the point). Second, I can't beleive you're comparing a Legacy GT to a CTS-V. Nothing against the Legacy, as its a nice quick car, but holy cow man, that's like a Honda owner going "yeah, my Accord is comparable to a Mercedes, and it costs less"

(note, I'm not a domestic fanboy either, but some of these comments are just plain stupid)

The CTS-V is a beast of a car, same engine as the C5 Z06 (400hp). I got to test drive one recently, great interior and insane power. It's often advertised as "America's M5, at 2/3 the cost".

Carry on
    No import bias here, just a little common sense. Neither I nor anyone is saying that the LGT is an equal to the cts-V. All I'm saying is that when you look at the subaru line-up and try to compare one of them to the CTS-V, the sti is probably the wrong choice. The only similarity that the cts-v and the sti have in common is that they're both fast and have 4 doors. The Legacy GT is more comparable in terms of size, interior appointment, and overall feel. So while you may find that to be stupid, I find it to be a bit of logic...

And your little slight of hand regarding that first comment you quoted is kind of amusing. You seemed to skip right over the main point of that: that domestics are not reliable (or at least not as reliable as most japanese cars). That's not import bias either, that's just fact.

Carry on
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

uke
    Point taken on the Legacy, I do agree that it is a nice car and the same "type" of car the CTS-V is. I wouldn't mind owning a Legacy GT myself.

Quote Originally Posted by MidKnight
    And your little slight of hand regarding that first comment you quoted is kind of amusing. You seemed to skip right over the main point of that: that domestics are not reliable (or at least not as reliable as most japanese cars). That's not import bias either, that's just fact.
    I don't think so man. If you look at the reliability rankings for the past few years for new cars, you'll find that most of them are domestics (I'll try to dig it up later). You'll also find different results depending on who conducts the survey. Frankly, some automotive magizines have such a big import bias, it's laughable. However, from personal experience (yeah, I know its not scientific), my family has owned both domestic imports, and the domestics have on average, FAR outlasted the imports we've had. This included an 89 Caddilac (still ticking strong with 260K miles), a Honda Accord that didn't last long, Chevy Baretta that's I've since given to a friend that's lasted forever (I forget how many miles), and my current car that has one of the world's most reliable engines in it. Granted, I'm a little biased towards domestics, but that's because I go with what works for me. There's also quite a few imports that I like (most Acura's and of course the STI)

Anyway--Carry on Carry on (That sounds like a song)
    Last edited by uke; 09-01-2005 at 09:58 PM.
    06 GTO - yeah, it's pretty quick
    Grand Prix GTP-gone

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast