2006 Slr

This is a discussion on 2006 Slr within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I came across one of those this weekend I first thought it was a S55 AMG, but it was an ...

J-H

2006 Slr

I came across one of those this weekend

I first thought it was a S55 AMG, but it was an McLaren SLR!!!!!! I have seen this guy with a bunch of other supercars....Aston Martin, NSX, all types of porches, etc, etc....

I was kinda mad that the guy did not want to race...LOL but the car was sick looking....

JH
    My car sounds like a LIGER.......ERZ + SPT = LOUD......pretty much one of my favorite sounds.....

JH

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by J-H
    I came across one of those this weekend

I first thought it was a S55 AMG, but it was an McLaren SLR!!!!!! I have seen this guy with a bunch of other supercars....Aston Martin, NSX, all types of porches, etc, etc....

I was kinda mad that the guy did not want to race...LOL but the car was sick looking....

JH

they have about 600hp

Yeah, he doesn't have to race!!!
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

Tittywop
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Registered User Electric-Mayhem's Avatar
    That is an amazing car. Amazing handling, insane power and awesome style. It definetly dominates the road like not many cars can. It looks like its going a million miles an hour standing still, and when it goes its amazing.

I haven't been lucky enough to see one in person, but I watch a British car show called Top Gear that has done several segments on it, to include a 1500 mile straight drive from Heathrow Airport to Oslo, Norway in a race against a boat. Not sure if ya'll know, but the boat goes pretty much straight there, but in a car you have to go across the english Channel, into France, through Belgium, Holland, Germany, Denmark, Sweden, and finally into Norway. It made it totally evident that this was an amazing car. One comment that the host, Jeremy Clarkson, made is that many other supercars feel like they are constantly on the edge of breaking since they have a delicate feel to them. But the McLaren/Merc SLR just seemed to be solid and reliable and awesome. My favorite part was when he was bombing down the Autobahn at 160 miles an hour and the only way you could tell was that he told you and the camera panned to show the speedo. By all outward appearances he could have been going 40.

Anyways, its an amazing car and is among an elite class of car that will likely never be obtained by me or anyone I know really (unless something really changes in my life).