02 WrX vs 03 S2000
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 02 WrX vs 03 S2000 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well I used to have a 00 civic si that i traded in for my 02 wrx. My friend used ...

02 WrX vs 03 S2000

Well I used to have a 00 civic si that i traded in for my 02 wrx. My friend used to have a 6 cyl mustang that i used to beat in my civic. So he traded his mustang in for a s2k and stomped all over my civic even with a 50shot on my car.

So now I have my wrx i wanted to run again.

1st race was a few weeks ago stock. We started in 2nd gear, he got the jump on me and we stayed about even. When I hit 3rd he started to walk me just a bit. I missed 4th gear and that was that. BTW he has a CAI AEM v2 Intake.

2nd race was today. Since then I have added:

Invidia WRX/STI V2 Catless Bellmouth Downpipe
    Greddy EVO V2 Catback Exhuast
    Subydude downpipe/wastegate gasket
    Kartboy exhuast hangers
    Tightened Wastegate

There hasnt been anytunning yet.

So... back to the race. We start out in 2nd again. I honk 3 times and we take off. All through 2nd gear was dead even, no one moved. I hit 3rd gear, i jumped ahead on the shift (maybe I had a faster shift?) and was just a tad ahead. We bothed pulled dead even through 3rd gear aswell. I shift into 4th gear (I still feel that im shifting faster) as we pull through 4th gear he starts talk ahead of me very very slowly, till near the end of 4th gear we shut down and he had about half of his car infront of me.

All in all I was pleased with the results as my MOD's are showing actually improvment. Next MOD is Cobb access port stage 2 and adding in an UP pipe.

Also I took a vid of the races and I will be posting thsoe as soon as I get time to capture the vid to my computer and edit and all that good stuff.

Thanks for looking!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Judging from the way you just described it, when you get the AP you should be able to handle him pretty well, race him from a launch too, that would be a killing if you are handing with him from a roll like that, those cars have great gearing, cool races anyway......

get an up pipe, if you dont have one already.

good runs. Once you get AP you shouldn't have too much trouble with him as long as he stays stock.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

try a 5 mph roll race with neither car launching and see what happens

Quote Originally Posted by TurnWRX
    try a 5 mph roll race with neither car launching and see what happens
    Yeah he pretty much doesnt argue that from a launch i would win. We I had my civic we never raced from a dig so were just used to running from a rolling start. no biggie to me.. my car has potential.. where the s2000 is pretty much gonna stay where its at unless he goes FI.

And yes im gonna be getting an uppipe done the same time as my AP. I cant wait !

Then i should have some nice comparason vids for you guys on what MOD's do for our cars in the realworld... not just on the dyno.

Thanks

You can gut the stock midpipe as well. I thought cali had harsh rules on cars......emissions wise.

Quote Originally Posted by skyjock41
    You can gut the stock midpipe as well. I thought cali had harsh rules on cars......emissions wise.
    Im pretty sure my downpipe coveers the mid pipe section. Im also pretty sure that I have no cats left on my car. Except the one on the uppipe i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by SepulcherX
    Yeah he pretty much doesnt argue that from a launch i would win.

No I meant, try a 5 mph roll start race, with neither of you launching the car. No launch from either car, and see what happens

Quote Originally Posted by SepulcherX
    Im pretty sure my downpipe coveers the mid pipe section. Im also pretty sure that I have no cats left on my car. Except the one on the uppipe i guess.
    Thats right. i have the Bosal DP and it only goes to the midpipe....so that was my way of thought. You need to ditch the cat in the uppipe ASAP.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.