Another 911 Turbo encounter
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Another 911 Turbo encounter within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, I was out driving around thursday night going to a cruise spot we hang out at. I just ...

Talking Another 911 Turbo encounter

Hey guys,

I was out driving around thursday night going to a cruise spot we hang out at. I just got off the highway and hit one of the first lights after I got off. I take notice of these nice HID lights behind me, and kinda wondering where the car came from cuz I didnt it come up behind me. So I go to take off and just all slow at idle leaving the light and my 1820's a lil laggy unless I'm launching or feathering the clutch. So Im just taking off slow when the car with the HIDs behind me decides to go around me in left lane and I hear him full on it when he was. So outta the corner of my eye I see Porsche lol. So by now I'm spooled and pulling in first and instantly take back the half a car lead he had on me and put a car on him. I carried the car on him til around 80 or 90. At that point we were side by side. He ended up having to get over in my lane to avoid the car in his lane. So I just barely let off cuz he didnt after he was in front of me. So I kept going like he was and shifted to fifth (jdm six spd) my power gear with full boost in that gear (23 lbs). He had like ten feet off gap between us from me letting off and I pulled that right back quick, and had to let off so I wouldnt hit him. At that point we both let off, I got in the other lane hoping we'd get to race from a dig. He ended up turning the light up ahead and he looked over right at me with a confused look before he did, and gave him a thumbs up and went on to where I was going. It turned out to be the newer silver cabroliet 911 turbo, 415 hp 415 tq. Fun to represent subie's to a $130k car Found out some info and they run low 12's at 116 or so like the turbo hardtop I raced and that almost all of the vert's are auto so would explain why I wouldnt gain ground if he was actually shifting. Just kept pulling, all in all I was happy hehe. Just wish I got a dig run or knew he was gonna play and left at any other rpm than idle Enjoy !!

Don-
    Last edited by beecha91; 08-27-2005 at 04:22 PM.
    Don-
    03' Sedona Red Pearl WRX **FOR SALE**
    Built axis 2.5, Rotated GT35R kit .82 with a JDM Six spd 500+awhp on race 400awhp on pump
    2007 Mustang GT 5 spd
    2007 Suzuki Boulevard M109R

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

you have a pretty big setup but i doubt most subies could have pulled that off minus modded sti's, great read none the less
    www.kiowapilots.com

Sounds like a ton of fun, I cant wait till I'm at that level. I thought this guy in an older 911T (it was a 993, the 90-95 style) wanted to race because he came flying up next to me at a stoplight, then when it turned green I kinda half launched and he didnt even try . Its always fun to run cars like that though, good race.
    Cobb Stage 2.5 VF-34 + uppipe
    Best ET so far - 13.1@103 with a 1.81 60'

I Support ClubWRX
    I've been there before. The first time I killed a 911 turbo I had a perma-grin for a few hours! Great feeling.

Nice kill
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.