Cobb stage 2 vs. S2000 w/cb
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Cobb stage 2 vs. S2000 w/cb within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Last night while on my way to a bar to meet some freinds I saw a S2000 with a cb ...

Cobb stage 2 vs. S2000 w/cb

Last night while on my way to a bar to meet some freinds I saw a S2000 with a cb weaving in and out of traffic, I decieded to catch up with him and see if he wanted to play well I finally caught up to him a few lights down. I was behind him at the light and gave him a quick rev he reved back so I knew it was on, couldn't launch the car since he was infront, light turns green he spins a little and takes off I floor it and finnaly pass him at the top of 2nd by th top of third he is about 2-3 cars behind. I shut down and wait for him at the next light we talk a little cool guy. he said all he had done was AEM CAI and Greddy cb.

04 WRX
    Cobb stage 2
    Invidia TBE+UP
    Kartboy ss

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by WRXcelration
    nice kill

nice kill

good run, at first i thought u meant he had a CB (as in CB radio)....lol, I thought he was gunna pull u over at the end or something. Sounds like a lot of fun though, good hunting.
    Cobb Stage 2.5 VF-34 + uppipe
    Best ET so far - 13.1@103 with a 1.81 60'

thanks for the replies, does anyone know what those cars run in the 1/4 with those mods cai+cb. I just went stg 2 and haven't been to the track yet. I'm not hitting full boost (15.9psi). I'll go as soon as I load the hwg map on my AP.

The're going to be slightly faster than stock, but not much faster with cai/cat-back. Neither of these mods really add much hp to many cars today, and on the S2000 this is even more the case because the parts are designed very well from the factory, so theres not much room for improvement. I would say a good consistant driver might see a tenth or two off in the 1/4, if that much. Probably low 14's or very high 13's with a really good driver.
    Cobb Stage 2.5 VF-34 + uppipe
    Best ET so far - 13.1@103 with a 1.81 60'

Quote Originally Posted by MANZ79
    thanks for the replies, does anyone know what those cars run in the 1/4 with those mods cai+cb. I just went stg 2 and haven't been to the track yet. I'm not hitting full boost (15.9psi). I'll go as soon as I load the hwg map on my AP.
    are you saying 15.9 isnt full boost in Stg2?? or are you saying that 15.9 IS target boost- I always thought 15.8-16.1 was target in stage2 and thats what Im hitting.
    Current: 05 Mini Cooper S R53
    Former: 06 Acura RSX Type-S
    Former: 00 Integra GSR
    Former: 07 Mazdaspeed3
    Former: 04 WRX Stage 2+
    www.jscspeed.com

nice kill... they run a 14.1 stock i believe, my older brother owns one... hes always saying how fast they are... lol
    whats a signature?

S2000 are slow and the only way to make them fast is by putting a blower on it or building the engine.

Quote Originally Posted by MANZ79
    Last night while on my way to a bar to meet some freinds I saw a S2000 with a cb weaving in and out of traffic, I decieded to catch up with him and see if he wanted to play well I finally caught up to him a few lights down. I was behind him at the light and gave him a quick rev he reved back so I knew it was on, couldn't launch the car since he was infront, light turns green he spins a little and takes off I floor it and finnaly pass him at the top of 2nd by th top of third he is about 2-3 cars behind. I shut down and wait for him at the next light we talk a little cool guy. he said all he had done was AEM CAI and Greddy cb.

04 WRX
    Cobb stage 2
    Invidia TBE+UP
    Kartboy ss

so WITHOUT any sort of launch... you kept up with an S2K, and fnally started to walk away from it.. thats intresting to know, I always though that a S2K would be a really close race with a Cobb Stage 2 on the highway, because of the S2K's superior gearing and the lack of a AWD launch from the WRX...

but thats good to know
    they call STi's STDs because everyone is getting them.

S2000 driver probably didn't push the car. I have hard time believing Cobb stage 2 putting several car lenghs on S2000 from a roll. This is based on my experience with over 30k with Cobb stage 2.

ya its kinda hard to believe as well...

it should have been a really close race..

maybe you have some other supporting mods as well? headers? ic hoses? intake? pulleys? RA gearset? vf34 :P ?
    they call STi's STDs because everyone is getting them.

Quote Originally Posted by amukaoen
    so WITHOUT any sort of launch... you kept up with an S2K, and fnally started to walk away from it.. thats intresting to know,

I did the exact same thing the original poster did, and had the same results. Except I have only a catback exhaust. The S2000 I raced had a tricked out ride (dual angled exhaust, body kit, big wing, etc) and had a passenger in it. Was behind him at a stoplight, he doesn't launch, I don't launch (2.5k takeoff really isn't a launch), hit instant boost, almost run into his bumper by end of 1st, going into 2nd I change lanes and I start pulling. End of 2nd, I have a full car length lead, go to 3rd, another 1-2 car lengths and shut down.

What you guys don't seem to understand is that the S2000, when out of vtec range, can easily be beaten from low speeds (esp in this case of a 5mph rolling start). And add the fact that the passenger (skinny girl, probably weighs about 100 lbs) didn't help him much either.

From a roll with the S2000 in the right gear and in vtec, it's a different story.
    Last edited by TurnWRX; 09-06-2005 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TurnWRX
    I did the exact same thing the original poster did, and had the same results. Except I have only a catback exhaust. The S2000 I raced had a tricked out ride (dual angled exhaust, body kit, big wing, etc) and had a passenger in it. Was behind him at a stoplight, he doesn't launch, I don't launch (2.5k takeoff really isn't a launch), hit instant boost, almost run into his bumper by end of 1st, going into 2nd I change lanes and I start pulling. End of 2nd, I have a full car length lead, go to 3rd, another 1-2 car lengths and shut down.

What you guys don't seem to understand is that the S2000, when out of vtec range, can easily be beaten from low speeds (esp in this case of a 5mph rolling start). And add the fact that the passenger (skinny girl, probably weighs about 100 lbs) didn't help him much either.

From a roll with the S2000 in the right gear and in vtec, it's a different story.
    Actually... racing from a roll in 1st gear or without a launch from the wrx is goign to be pretty damn even. WHen yoru in 3k RPM the s2k is in 4k RPM's due to gearing. me and my friend tested this out, he has an s2k. So hi will hit vtec around the same time you hit boost. But from a launch its game over.

From a roll the s2k 03 model with 9k redline is dead even with my TBE wrx. A stage 2 wrx will easily handle in s2k with any mods besides FI or cammed. I think if i added an upipe to my wrx i would walk s2k's without a problem. and im not even stage 1 yet.

Quote Originally Posted by SepulcherX
    Actually... racing from a roll in 1st gear or without a launch from the wrx is goign to be pretty damn even.

If you take off correctly, you can be in instant boost about .5 a second after letting go of the clutch (keep the throttle at 2.5k rpms without the tach needle going lower than that). You don't even have to launch the car. Starting off at 2.5k rpms you're already starting to spool the turbo whereas the S2000 isn't even in vtec yet. It engages vtec at like 5k rpms. That's a good second+ or so advantage. It's also the best place to catch them out of vtec, without allowing them to take-off.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.