300 zx twin vs stg2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 300 zx twin vs stg2 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was on my way to work yesterday when this burgundy 300 zx twin comes up on me at about ...

300 zx twin vs stg2

I was on my way to work yesterday when this burgundy 300 zx twin comes up on me at about 20 mph faster and rolls up on my ass. I think to myself OK he wants to play. So we proceed to gun and shut a little till we finnaly get to a light with him still right behind me. I know not a REAL race but fun anyway. The light turns green I launch (really badly too I might add, my clutch ahs 85k on it and shows it too) I hear his tires spinning hard behind me. I get about a car away on the weak launch and that's it till the end of second gear. To my amazement I pulled about another two-three cars in third till we stopped. Man this third gear is really a monster I rememeber wlking the hell out of people at the strip in it. It's like everyone around you suddenly slides on their e-brake.
    I have to turn to go to work he passes with a wave and I thumbs up as I notice he has some gauges and an awesome sounding exhaust with what looked like four 2.5-3.0in tips.
    This was probably one of the best street runs I have had yet. He was fast. It would have been fun from a lined up start.
    My car looks just like this without the skirts and roof wing! Yeah baby!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by scoob
    I was on my way to work yesterday when this burgundy 300 zx twin comes up on me at about 20 mph faster and rolls up on my ass. I think to myself OK he wants to play. So we proceed to gun and shut a little till we finnaly get to a light with him still right behind me. I know not a REAL race but fun anyway. The light turns green I launch (really badly too I might add, my clutch ahs 85k on it and shows it too) I hear his tires spinning hard behind me. I get about a car away on the weak launch and that's it till the end of second gear. To my amazement I pulled about another two-three cars in third till we stopped. Man this third gear is really a monster I rememeber wlking the hell out of people at the strip in it. It's like everyone around you suddenly slides on their e-brake.
    I have to turn to go to work he passes with a wave and I thumbs up as I notice he has some gauges and an awesome sounding exhaust with what looked like four 2.5-3.0in tips.
    This was probably one of the best street runs I have had yet. He was fast. It would have been fun from a lined up start.
    Watch out for the modded ones, I know 2 guys that are running 11s at 120mph+.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwrxguy
    Watch out for the modded ones, I know 2 guys that are running 11s at 120mph+.
    Yep I know they can be real fast that's why I took it so seriously. It felt good to finally run with a worthy opponent.

hmmm...stock that have almost 300 hp I think...

he must have not been trying.

Quote Originally Posted by YZFWV
    hmmm...stock that have almost 300 hp I think...

he must have not been trying.
    I'm stg 2, and he was trying very hard peeling out and all.

Stock they have 300 but they're heavy. They really aren't that fun stock. Stage III though they start getting fun and it goes from there.

Exactly they are a bit pigish. Add boost and some bolt-on upgrades (turbos) and bye bye wrx.

Quote Originally Posted by scoob
    Exactly they are a bit pigish. Add boost and some bolt-on upgrades (turbos) and bye bye wrx.
    forget uupgraded turbos, JWT chip/injector combo, intake and a 3" catless exhaust on 20+PSI and race gas is plenty enough for 11's on the stock turbos with traction.
    1994 Talon TSi - SMIC, 16G and Bolt Ons - Awaiting More Fuel and Tune
    2000 B5 GLS 1.8T Every Bolt On + Tuned GT28RS - R.I.P

Quote Originally Posted by 8urVTEC
    forget uupgraded turbos, JWT chip/injector combo, intake and a 3" catless exhaust on 20+PSI and race gas is plenty enough for 11's on the stock turbos with traction.
    yup.

There is a shop local to me that specialized in Z's and there are always TONS of 300ZX's out there and I have spoken with the owner a couple times. Basically with the above mods you end up pulling over 400whp and WELL into 12's with some damn nice traps.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

my friend has a 300zx w/ twin 18gs...that thing is just sick....he has 444 at the wheels
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

One of the guys I was talking about makes 500whp.

so much power so easily... and no need to go into the motor
    1994 Talon TSi - SMIC, 16G and Bolt Ons - Awaiting More Fuel and Tune
    2000 B5 GLS 1.8T Every Bolt On + Tuned GT28RS - R.I.P

Quote Originally Posted by 8urVTEC
    so much power so easily... and no need to go into the motor
    You might as well these are the cars from hell when it comes to working on them. You have to pull the engine just to get to the Turbos.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwrxguy
    You might as well these are the cars from hell when it comes to working on them. You have to pull the engine just to get to the Turbos.
    yeah, I have heard they are a huge PITA to work on.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    yeah, I have heard they are a huge PITA to work on.
    Ditto.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.