smoked a stock sti today... - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on smoked a stock sti today... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Maybe you did beat that STi, more the driver than the car, but your mod logic just doesn't sound right ...

Maybe you did beat that STi, more the driver than the car, but your mod logic just doesn't sound right to me. Your mods and no engine management just doesn't seem enough to beat a well driven STi... or even a moderately driven STi.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

screw it gary you beat him.

him "lets go"
    you "ok"
    bad launch by STI- good launch on your side ..you were ahead at the end = Kill

its not HKSimprezawrxs fault that the other driver had a ****ty launch.

plain and simple.
    " I got four doors to fit more wh0res !!!"

SOCAL F4
    MEMBER "00"

(CLUBWRX'S 1ST OFFICIAL "F4" TEAM) est. May 2, 2005

reading this post made me feel dirty....
    2004 STi

Blitz DTT-DCII
    COBB Stage 2
    Invidia Catless DP
    HKS Hiper Cat-back
    Greddy: EGT, Boost, Oil Press Gauges
    Perrin Oil Catch Can

hks your posts make my head hurt. something about speaking in AOLese (beet, assain, dik etc) tends to draw from your credibility.

so the intake makes you run EXACTLY rich as the BOV makes you lean, and the BOV makes you lean in between shifts...not following here...help me out, im a newb.

EDIT: not sure how smoking a stock STi involves a bad shift or launch and still only beating by one bumper (Which may or may not even be a foot).

BTW hoss if you ever get a tune that exhaust is going to diddly as the tune will give you a better a/f ratio, the only reason you think the intake adds power is its tricking the MAF. I know a couple tuners who hate a cai on the wrx when tuning cause it gets in the way fo their tuning. But nice job on the win.
    Honda's are like tampons every P---y has one.

Quote Originally Posted by Integra96
    You're wrong. Sorry.
    +1

The only way I would ever believe the AEM intake adds power w/ just an exhaust is if you put it on a dyno, and proved me wrong. Dont post some AEM dyno sheet add either.
    Last edited by roo21; 08-25-2005 at 05:22 PM.
    Cobb Stage 2

Quote Originally Posted by LukeWRX
    reading this post made me feel dirty....
    I'm 3 IQ points dumber for having read this thread. Proof of that fact is in me posting here to keep it alive.

Sigh...

heh. A turbo car with an intake is still pushing the same amount of air into the engine as the same turbo car with the same exact setup but with a stock intake.

20psi = 20psi

Quote Originally Posted by roo21
    +1

The only way I would ever believe the AEM intake adds power w/ just an exhaust is if you put it on a dyno, and proved me wrong. Dont post some AEM dyno sheet add either.
    they have been on power pages in magazines and not in aem advertisements.
    and in greddys advertisements it says that hks exshaust makes more than theres.
    whats a signature?

like he said earlier... it tricks your MAF... and you are wrong because if it did the same as the stock intake it wouldnt supposedly run lean right?1?!??!?!
    whats a signature?

it pulls the same air, true. but if the MAF thinks its pulling less, it will trick the ECU to use less fuel. so, you get a leaner condition with the same amount of air.

dude, you need to do more research into how an engine works. not all engines are designed to run stoich. running leaner isn't necessarily good. leaner = hotter, and hotter = more prone to detonation. detonation = ecu retards the timing. retarded timing eliminates detonation, but reduces performance. so, an intake won't always net you more power. subaru ecu's are apparently very sensetive to this, which is why so many people don't use aftermarket intakes.
    Dave
    01 RS

Quote Originally Posted by bigd
    it pulls the same air, true. but if the MAF thinks its pulling less, it will trick the ECU to use less fuel. so, you get a leaner condition with the same amount of air.

dude, you need to do more research into how an engine works. not all engines are designed to run stoich. running leaner isn't necessarily good. leaner = hotter, and hotter = more prone to detonation. detonation = ecu retards the timing. retarded timing eliminates detonation, but reduces performance. so, an intake won't always net you more power. subaru ecu's are apparently very sensetive to this, which is why so many people don't use aftermarket intakes.
    i see... well ok i get it kool. thanx for being nice about the explanation... i appreciate it. but i meen i didnt meen to get off subject i was just tryin to stick up for myself about my mods and how fast my car is... cause when i take the intake off it doesnt pull as hard... and i meen why.... i meen why; would a creadable magazine put out a power page were the wrxdynos with 15 more hp from an aem intake on a dyno and then exactly 1 month later put the same aem intake on a evo and show that the evo gets negative 2.3 hourse power? that is a reliable source to me that it adds horse power. i have not met or personal seen any dyno charts were the wrx has the same horse power or less when the intake is added
    whats a signature?

Oh Lord... Someone please lock this thread

I just SRT4 forum flashbacks like a motherfcker.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

I Support ClubWRX
    Stop being a turd-burglar and bow to your sensei. (I'm part asain LOLZ!1)
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

doozo sumanasen sensai... oyasumanasia
    whats a signature?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.