92' RS Camaro vs an O3 WRX?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on 92' RS Camaro vs an O3 WRX? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Both are stock, my friend just got a 92' Camaro RS and wants to race once I get my 03 ...

92' RS Camaro vs an O3 WRX?

Both are stock, my friend just got a 92' Camaro RS and wants to race once I get my 03 WRX in a few months. I'm just curious and he seems to believe I have a better chance in my old 89' GXL single turbo Rx-7, no mods done to it all. Advice? Who would win?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

he has no chance
    dude one time i tried to put the trailer bully into the coiler, and I got all messed up

no chance and why are you guys arguning about a car that you wont even have for months?

Registered User uncle lewie wrx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ynotajb
    he has no chance
    That is the truth. Those Rs's are very very slow. My friend has one as a beater and it cant get out of its own way.
    Uncle Lewie
    06 Aspen White STi w/ Gold BBS's

Quote Originally Posted by FoxRacer
    Both are stock, my friend just got a 92' Camaro RS and wants to race once I get my 03 WRX in a few months. I'm just curious and he seems to believe I have a better chance in my old 89' GXL single turbo Rx-7, no mods done to it all. Advice? Who would win?
    Your friend doesn't know very much about cars does he?
    2002 PSM utec Stage 4
    Mods

Quote Originally Posted by uncle lewie wrx
    That is the truth. Those Rs's are very very slow. My friend has one as a beater and it cant get out of its own way.
    Uncle Lewie

a 92 Camaro RS with the V8 option is lucky to be a 16 second car. I had one as my first car with the 305 (it was a 91 though) and a 5 speed, it was SLOW, you could probably launch in 2nd and still beat him, my dads 99 saturn wagon was about as fast (maybe a little faster , we never really raced) as my camaro was to give you an idea. You would kill a stock or lightly modded Z28 from those years too.

Just race him though, it will be funny to see the look on his face when you take him by like 3 buslengths, have fun...
    Cobb Stage 2.5 VF-34 + uppipe
    Best ET so far - 13.1@103 with a 1.81 60'

Heh, but watch out for those camaros that run 8 seconds

as funny as it is, unlce lewie hit the nail right on the head. it cant get out of its own way. my dads got a 92 RS for his "weekend cruiser" and ever since i got my wrx i can not stand to drive that thing. the only thing i do enjoy is taking the t-tops off and cruising around at night. thats about all its good for

as long as he doesnt have sum kindve engine swap, hes not worth wasting ur gas
    14.160@96.011
    90 degree weather
    airhog, removed silencer, and removed stock catback exhaust (stock DPs in place) and craptacular california 91 octane piss water

Quote Originally Posted by WRX-ERROR
    Your friend doesn't know very much about cars does he?
    He knows a lot to be honest, his really good with cars, better than me. Is it really that bad though? I mean, he seems to believe that he'll whoop both the Rx-8 and the WRX once I get them. But then again what about non-stock vs non-stock?

yea.....paul said it best. i owned a 91 rs. loved the car to death but that thing was the slowest pos i'd ever driven. 305 v8 was a such a hunk of crap. sounded great but dear god....you could shift to 5th gear immediately and still walk all over him

a bone stock rs w/ the 305 tbi in its prime is still only a high 16 second car at best probably. maybe a low 16. its a tank man. haha, i had a hard enough time keeping up w/ pauls sebring when he had one (to be fair, my rs had over 100k on the clock but it was still slow as balls when it was running 100%)
    Last edited by 99gulfbluegtp; 08-25-2005 at 10:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 99gulfbluegtp
    i had a hard enough time keeping up w/ pauls sebring when he had one (to be fair, my rs had over 100k on the clock but it was still slow as balls when it was running 100%)
    haha. yes that was a proud time for the 'bring to be top dog. and quite sad also in retrospec....

Quote Originally Posted by IDAFC21
    haha. yes that was a proud time for the 'bring to be top dog. and quite sad also in retrospec....
    the day i finally beat you in the rs was a momentus occassion

I know a kid with a 92 RS right now(although his is an auto). He has a catback exhaust and gutted cats with a chip and some other stuff I cant remember (usual little stuff like intake, plugs and wires, that kind of stuff). He raced my friends brothers bone stock auto Cavelier Z24 (like 95 or 96 i think) and it was dead even, just to give you an Idea. His cav ran a 16.4 or a 16.8 if I remember correctly when he G-teched it, just for reference.

About the only thing that will make those cars fast is a good crate motor, or alot of expensive work. The TBI is just horrible, they make about 170hp and 255ftlb stock (at the motor) and the RS's weigh about 3500lbs. Maybe with a Carb or TPI conversion and some serious engine work he might stand a chance, but a few mods in the WRX and he would still have little hope.
    Cobb Stage 2.5 VF-34 + uppipe
    Best ET so far - 13.1@103 with a 1.81 60'

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.