92' RS Camaro vs an O3 WRX? - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on 92' RS Camaro vs an O3 WRX? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; it depends what engine he is getting....

it depends what engine he is getting.
    04 Silver STi M6

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

He said some kind of V8 but thats it, otherwise it'll be bone stock.
    Quote Originally Posted by timber
    I think I would be more worried about my butt if it was Brian..
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX
    I was rect0wned.

Quote Originally Posted by FoxRacer
    Another question, he says he's putting in a V8 big block or something like that and I wont keep up. What was the stock engine on RS Camaros?
    The stock 92' V8 RS had a 305 V8 in it and as you have heard from and others in this thread it is crapass slow. If he uses a 350/LT1 in there he will be looking at lower 14's. High 13's are possible, but chances of him finding one in good enough to condition to be running opitmum compression is pretty low.
    So you and your stock RX7 do not stand a chance once the swap is done... However, a stock wrx will run close from a dig, but still get walked uptop. To give yourself the security of both a rolling win and a launching win you would need something like stageII in your wrx... If your mazda is turbo then run full exhaust and MBC and you could decently keep up.

Just watch out for mods. The RS is not that heavy of a car, and if does go 350/LT1 you can expect him tot respond well to mods. To give you an idea a friend of a friend did this to his 91' and was running 14.5's with just the engine in automatic form... He did a bunch of junk like exhaust, headers, gears, cams, etc.... and a highstall torque converter and was putting down consistant 13.6's
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

That doesnt sound to good but I have a planned some modifications to the RX-7 within these next 8-9 months as soon as I get another job. Their listed in my signature I hope that I'll be able to at least creep on him with them but I'm not too sure.

Btw I think he's getting ripped off cause you said the stock engine was a 305 V8 but the guy selling it to him has a v6 in it. So he thinks its stock v6.
    I was rect0wned.

.....if hes gonna swap...why doesnt he just get a z28 camaro that already has a 350 in it? if he wants a third gen style even a Z should still be pretty cheap for those years....and would probably still be cheaper in the longrun than buying an RS and swapping a bigger motor in, unless he plans to go bigger than a 350. i know this question was asked already but i have to bring it back up....your friend doesnt know too much about cars does he

Quote Originally Posted by IDAFC21
    .....if hes gonna swap...why doesnt he just get a z28 camaro that already has a 350 in it? if he wants a third gen style even a Z should still be pretty cheap for those years....and would probably still be cheaper in the longrun than buying an RS and swapping a bigger motor in, unless he plans to go bigger than a 350. i know this question was asked already but i have to bring it back up....your friend doesnt know too much about cars does he
    Again, I can almost defiently assure you all that he has better knowledge on flat fours and v6/v8s that I could ever have. I just don't think he's very knowledgeable on Camaros though, he's more a Dodge/Ford or Pontiac kinda guy. And the reason he's getting this Camaro is that its being sold for about $1000 only. So I guess that's a good deal on that car?
    I was rect0wned.

He should just get a junked 350 and rebuild it (350 is the chevy motor right? And 351 the ford?).

You can make it have 300 hp easy.

as long as the rest of the car is in decent enough shape thats not a bad price, but for 1000 bucks i cant imagine its in that great of shape. third gens are not known for being well taken care of (though we did luck out w/ ours) i guess if he wants a project car to work on it wouldnt be too bad

Well I'll ask him about why he got a RS instead of an older Z/28. There's actually like a 93'/94' Z/28 in mint condition on my street that usually is just sitting on the curb. And it soudns great too.
    I was rect0wned.

tell him to cram an ls1 into it (it can be done)

I'm selling an LS1 powered Camaro if he wants one

The 351 is a Ford Motor as of late..the 5.8 windsor is a larger version of the 5.0 fox bodies.

Chevy motors as of late have been 324, 346, 360 (I think..w/e the LS2 is) and the new LS7. These are all LS series motors..the LT1 of the 90's was a 350. The L98 was also a 350. Most Chevy Small blocks were 350's..but there was of course the 396, the 427, the 289 and the 327 of yore.
    04 Silver STi M6

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Gloveperson
    I'm selling an LS1 powered Camaro if he wants one

The 351 is a Ford Motor as of late..the 5.8 windsor is a larger version of the 5.0 fox bodies.

Chevy motors as of late have been 324, 346, 360 (I think..w/e the LS2 is) and the new LS7. These are all LS series motors..the LT1 of the 90's was a 350. The L98 was also a 350. Most Chevy Small blocks were 350's..but there was of course the 396, the 427, the 289 and the 327 of yore.
    You forgot a few. 265, 283, 302, 307, 327, 350, and the 400. The 396, 402, 427, 454, and 502 are big blocks.

hut hut.....HIKE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    You forgot a few. 265, 283, 302, 307, 327, 350, and the 400. The 396, 402, 427, 454, and 502 are big blocks.
    You are my offical idol now.
    I was rect0wned.

I Support ClubWRX
    I can't believe I actually forgot to put the 305 in there. You can also take a 350 block, a 400 crank, rods, pistons, harmonic balancer, flex plate, notch the block for the rods, and have a 383 stroker. Also keep in mind. There are infinate different ways to build smallblocks. Heads, cam, intake, carburetor, ignition, headers, cranks, rods, pistons, compression ratios, etc etc etc. When you pull up next to something older with a small block in it, you never know what he has. He could be putting down 180whp with a 2bbl, stock heads, and a stock 60lb crank, or 650whp with a Demon carb, Brodix heads, and a 36lb crank. Never underestimate them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.