92' RS Camaro vs an O3 WRX? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on 92' RS Camaro vs an O3 WRX? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; What about it vs my Rx-7?...

What about it vs my Rx-7?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

the RX7 should destroy it too. i had an 88 RX7 Turbo-II i would bet that thing would eat that camaro and spit out a cavalier.

Oh. I didn't know that. So he really doesn't stand a chance unless he does some heavy engine mods or has a engine swap against either one?

Btw I want to mod my Rx-7 but most people around where I live don't have Rx-7 except one dude with a Limited Edition 96 Twin Turbo Rx-7 (which makes me cry everytime I see it cause its so damn sexy) and he only did intake and suspension modifications. So does anyone know any places around VA to do it? Or maybe Maryland/DC?

honestly, the RX7 has a lot more potential than even a WRX, so if you had to pick one or the other to mod id have to say the RX7....but im biased because i owned both and that car was one of funnest cars i have ever driven.

Well I think I'm rather lucky then. My brother actually owns the Rx-7, a GXL single turbo (1989) and its a beast to me. And although that I'm getting an 03 WRX, I'm going to mod the Rx-7 like hell. But the problem is I don't know where to go to get the parts or have the her tuned and what not.

Any advice?

wow there are hundreds of places i cant even begin. i would start with just poking around on google and finding an rx7 message board. you can sign up at www.msprotege.com because they have a rotary section, and ask them, and they can direct you.

Ah all right, thank you very much. But seriously, is the RS Camaro really that slow? My friend really seems to think that he will own my ass on a 1/4 vs the Rx-7. So now I'm really confused.

well im pretty sure the rx7 will win but thats based on a butt dyno from my previous ownership and also driving a same year RS camaro we had at the dealership at the time for sale...

just do what i do, and type in the model year and name and specs in google...example "2005 wrx specs" and normally you can find the spec sheet with the est. 1/4 times for any year make and model car.

Quote Originally Posted by 05WRX0704
    well im pretty sure the rx7 will win but thats based on a butt dyno from my previous ownership and also driving a same year RS camaro we had at the dealership at the time for sale...

just do what i do, and type in the model year and name and specs in google...example "2005 wrx specs" and normally you can find the spec sheet with the est. 1/4 times for any year make and model car.
    Ok, gotcha.

Quote Originally Posted by FoxRacer
    Ah all right, thank you very much. But seriously, is the RS Camaro really that slow? My friend really seems to think that he will own my ass on a 1/4 vs the Rx-7. So now I'm really confused.
    To give you an idea, my friend had a non-turbo 89 GXL (he had a few mods, pulled low 16's high 15's at the track usually)and he would take my other friend with the 92 RS every time, hands down no problem. I think your turbo should have no problem. The RS is looking at mid-high 16's at best in the 1/4, the RX7's probably capable of high 14's if its in good condition and well driven....

Dont forget this fact to, the RS's werent posi (so they do the one wheel peel thing), in other words you cant even really take advantage of the 255ftlb with an open diff...
    Cobb Stage 2.5 VF-34 + uppipe
    Best ET so far - 13.1@103 with a 1.81 60'

Race him for fun, those cars are unbelievable pigs. The 305 V8 is way underpowered and those cars would be lucky to run a mid 16. My buddy in high school got one for his 16th Bday and thought he was hot stuff.. That is until I beat him in my moms 99' Grand Prix GT by about 4 cars and my other buddy beat him in his 99' 4 cylinder altima by more than a car
    What a freaking heartbreaker that must have been

Of course, a year later his daddy bought him a practically brand new anniversary edition SS LS1 with exhaust.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

must be nice!

Well I found specs for the Rx-7 for that model year and make but there was nothing mentioned about the power or specs for its turbo. Only thing I could fine was that it hit 185bhp@6,5000 rpms. Thats all I was able to find out on Google. But she seems like a sleeper.

Well I found specs for the Rx-7 for that model year and make but there was nothing mentioned about the power or specs for its turbo. Only thing I could fine was that it hit 185bhp@6,5000 rpms. Thats all I was able to find out on Google. But she seems like a sleeper.
    Specs for the 89 RX7 Turbo:

1.3L Rotary
    200hp (crank)
    196lbft

2987lb curb weight

Thats off of MSN if it helps any.

Specs for the 89 RX7 Turbo:

1.3L Rotary
    200hp (crank)
    196lbft

2987lb curb weight

Thats off of MSN if it helps any.

I know a friend of mine had some basic performance upgrades in his 89 turbo II, and he had no problem getting it into the low 13's. I think all he had was a boost-controller, bov, and full exhaust (with downpipe). They deffinatly have alot of potential when modded, I think he dynoed like 275 to the wheels on that setup.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.