Cobb stage 2 vs chipped 1.8t and h22 Accord
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Cobb stage 2 vs chipped 1.8t and h22 Accord within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; My mods are Cobb Stage 2 91oct., STI catback, jic 3in catless downpipe tappering at the end to fit stock ...

Cobb stage 2 vs chipped 1.8t and h22 Accord

My mods are Cobb Stage 2 91oct., STI catback, jic 3in catless downpipe tappering at the end to fit stock exhaust, and lightened crank pulley.

1.8T, x-plus chip running race gas 100oct. program, diverter valve, and intake.

Accord, h22 swap, AEM em, intake, and Brullen exhaust.

Me vs 1.8T, We started in second at around 50kph going at the third honk. I reacted about a quarter of a second later then him but by the end of second he was near my back quarter panel. A quick shift in to third and I continue to pull him to half a car behind my rear bumper. we ran a bunch of times and when we went at the same time thats about the average margin of victory every time give or take a quarter of a car lenght. But.... if I was asleep at the wheel and he got a good jump I could not catch him before we hit the 120kph cut off point. Be carefull when running these guys.

I only ran the Accord once and I took him by about two and half cars. But, this was a weird race for me and the golf. We wanted to make sure he was in V-tec when we ran but his long gearing put us a disadvantage. We had to run from a forty roll with him at 5'300 rpm's in first. But that left me with the decision to run for a short time in first or stick it out in second and wait for the boost to come on. I went with second gear and spool up. He took me by half a car right away but I crawled back to take him by two and a half cars.

The golf ran him on pump gas mode and it was a drivers race. The Accord took him once, when he tried staying in second. But the 1.8T took him down by half a car when they both went from first. Who ever got the jump won the race and it always seemed to be the Golf.

Side note: I had a little over three quarters of a tank of gas, same with the Accord. The 1.8T's gas light was on.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

5300 rpm in 1st gear and at 40 rpm? can u say a little tall?
    14.160@96.011
    90 degree weather
    airhog, removed silencer, and removed stock catback exhaust (stock DPs in place) and craptacular california 91 octane piss water

i think he said kpm...kilometers? maybe not in US?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

Yep, I'm from Canada.

ah got ya..
    14.160@96.011
    90 degree weather
    airhog, removed silencer, and removed stock catback exhaust (stock DPs in place) and craptacular california 91 octane piss water

50kph-120kph doesn't seem like much of a race...maybe a third gear test type race, but you guys should have went to atleast 100-120 mph, that converts to about 200 or so kph?

160 km = 100 miles an hour. My friend with the golf wanted to cap the races at 120. It's nothing serious, we just wanted to have a little safe fun. At the end of third I'm pulling away semi hard, so if we ran longer it would be better for me. I have a lot of respect for the 1.8T. I wish I could of run him on pump gas and not just race gas.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.