Got burned by an Srt-4....
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Got burned by an Srt-4.... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I on the way home from work. While bumping music and blasting my AC chilling, an Srt-4 rolled up beside ...

Got burned by an Srt-4....

I on the way home from work. While bumping music and blasting my AC chilling, an Srt-4 rolled up beside me. At first I didn't want no beef with it because it was traffic hour, so I still have my music and AC on. Then all the sudden I hear the note of his exhaust in the background of my music. This thing does not sound stock at all. After that, I knew it was on. I put on my game face, after I turned off the music, rolled down the windows for some fresh air and exhaust smell. Rolling side by side at about 40mph, I downshifted to 2nd (not knowing my AC was still on) and gun it hard. He did the same and by 75mph, he was about two cars ahead of me. I know it would get uglier if I still keep trying, so I let off. I wanted payback, so I asked him to drive slow to catch a stop light. Drove for a bit and there wasn't any luck, so he said he have to take the next turn. Leaving me with a lost. End of story.
    Last edited by WiCkeDrEx; 08-23-2005 at 08:04 PM.
    13.7 at 98.74 MPH / Stock TD04 & No EM

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by WiCkeDrEx
    I on the way home from work. While bumping music and blasting my AC chilling, an Srt-4 rolled up beside me. At first I didn't want no beef with it because it was traffic hour, so I still have my music and AC on. Then all the sudden I hear the note of his exhaust in the background of my music. This thing does not sound stock at all. After that, I knew it was on. I put on my game face, after I turned off the music, rolled down the windows for some fresh air and exhaust smell. Rolling side by side at about 40mph, I downshifted to 2nd (not knowing my AC was still on) and gun it hard. He did the same and by 75mph, he was about two cars ahead of me. I know it would get uglier if I still keep trying, so I let off. I wanted payback, so I asked him to drive slow to catch a stop light. Drove for a bit and there wasn't any luck, so he said he have to take the next turn. Leaving me with a lost. End of story.
    mods?

Quote Originally Posted by wrxaddicted
    mods?

Those things you put on a car to make it better (short for modifications.)

Quote Originally Posted by olsaltybastard
    Those things you put on a car to make it better (short for modifications.)

Thats not what he meant. I'm pretty sure he was asking the "moderators" if they believe this story.
    200,000 mile club.

Old Irish adage: "Do not resent growing old. Many are denied the privilege."

Quote Originally Posted by wrxaddicted
    mods?
    My mods are upipe, turboback, mbc set at 15psi, and perrin crank pulley...
    13.7 at 98.74 MPH / Stock TD04 & No EM

[QUOTE=T.J.]Thats not what he meant. I'm pretty sure he was asking the "moderators" if they believe this story. [/QUOT

LOL i dont know which way to go after that comment
    <<<<<<<< LOOK AT MY NAME!!! lol
    COBB stg II

My mods are upipe, turboback, mbc set at 15psi, and perrin crank pulley...
    no EM?

I think the moral of this story, besides that the SRT-4 is the second coming, is that a/c kills. It would of been closer w/o the A/C being on.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

The AC shuts itself off when you floor it. Probably wouldn't make that much of a difference.
    Dead is Hard. Life is Much Easier. Be Adequite.
    -Lindsay Lohan

Quote Originally Posted by dsel
    The AC shuts itself off when you floor it. Probably wouldn't make that much of a difference.
    Hehe is that a new feature or something cause my 2002 doesn't shut down.

You ran the SRT-4 in it's sweet spot. 40mph WOT is the only time they can keep the power on the ground. I like the SRT-4 but being a FWD car just does it no justis. It's limited by this and it will forever be it's downfall.

P.S. Get some kind of EM.
    2002 PSM utec Stage 4
    Mods

Quote Originally Posted by dsel
    It does not turn off the condensor when you floor the gas pedal. Perhaps in a 4EAT, but not in a 5MT.

Definetly get some EM. your ECU is fighting all of your mods. You arent going to get the full potential from them w/o EM. Go w/ Cobb is cheap and reliable.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

Registered User uncle lewie wrx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by D0WNxSH1FT
    It does not turn off the condensor when you floor the gas pedal. Perhaps in a 4EAT, but not in a 5MT.

Definetly get some EM. your ECU is fighting all of your mods. You arent going to get the full potential from them w/o EM. Go w/ Cobb is cheap and reliable.
    My 4eat A.C. dont turn off when I floor it, just to clarify.
    Yeh engine management would help you out. Isnt a MBC horrible for an 04 on?
    Uncle Lewie
    06 Aspen White STi w/ Gold BBS's

I Support ClubWRX

What color was the SRT-4? He may have been from our forums on performancesport.net. Did this happen in San Jose?

when i have the a/c on and i floor i dont feel it shut off till about 3000rpms

Yeah, when you're in boost, it shuts off. Put your hand in front of it. I'm sure of it. Or else I'm old and getting hot flashes.
    Dead is Hard. Life is Much Easier. Be Adequite.
    -Lindsay Lohan

my a/c never turns off, i know this because it lags me out the hole and slows me down the whole way. i can leave it on, hammer down, and turn it off during and feel it pick up.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.