Got burned by an Srt-4.... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Got burned by an Srt-4.... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; SRT-4 = fastest car on the planet. Faster than a rocket ship. Come on guys, I thought you knew?...

SRT-4 = fastest car on the planet. Faster than a rocket ship. Come on guys, I thought you knew?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I dont think it turns off. I doubt subaru inserted a technology that turns off the condensor when the car is WOT. in that case they might as well data log every single time you went WOT and then void your warranty.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

Registered User uncle lewie wrx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by D0WNxSH1FT
    I dont think it turns off. I doubt subaru inserted a technology that turns off the condensor when the car is WOT. in that case they might as well data log every single time you went WOT and then void your warranty.
    Hahahah, I can see them doing that.
    Uncle Lewie
    06 Aspen White STi w/ Gold BBS's

The manual explains that the a/c is shut off during WOT.

Quote Originally Posted by TacticalNuke
    The manual explains that the a/c is shut off during WOT.
    OH SNAP!!! I win. Everyone paypal me a dollar or let me sleep with their sisters!
    Dead is Hard. Life is Much Easier. Be Adequite.
    -Lindsay Lohan

Wow, the SRT-4 and Neon may have roll-down rear windows, but even way back in 1995, the AC cut-out on Neons at WOT! Subaru is getting way behind the times! I doubt any car that has come out in the past ten years doesn't have a WOT AC cut-out...

-B

Hmmm. My '92 Legacy has that "technology".

Obviously it doesn't log every full throttle pull but if you consider the Big Brother ECU that GM was (is?) using in their cars, what you say is not far fetched.

Anyone remember that article in SCC where they talked about that GM computer that recorded things like speed, rpm, etc. for a couple of seconds before an accident?

T.J.
    200,000 mile club.

Old Irish adage: "Do not resent growing old. Many are denied the privilege."

How much power does an A/C take up anyway? Maybe 4 or 5 hp at the most. Shouldn't be horribly noticeable except you expect it to be slower so it feels that way.

Quote Originally Posted by WRX-ERROR
    Hehe is that a new feature or something cause my 2002 doesn't shut down.

You ran the SRT-4 in it's sweet spot. 40mph WOT is the only time they can keep the power on the ground. I like the SRT-4 but being a FWD car just does it no justis. It's limited by this and it will forever be it's downfall.

P.S. Get some kind of EM.
    Yep. last week I ran one in the exact same spot. I am stage 2 he was modded at least exhaust and bov. We stayed even till 100-110.

A/C takes like 30HP or something. Its pretty noitceable. especially from a dead stop when it bogs.

I havent looked at my manual, but if its legit, then that is pretty cool.
    Last edited by D0WNxSH1FT; 08-24-2005 at 07:22 PM.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

Quote Originally Posted by KurleeDaddeeWRX
    What color was the SRT-4? He may have been from our forums on performancesport.net. Did this happen in San Jose?
    It was a silver with black polished lip rims. Yes, it was in SJ on capitol exwy. I haven't lost a race on that road until now. I can probably take him out of the hole, if we caught a red light.

Quote Originally Posted by WRX-ERROR
    P.S. Get some kind of EM.
    I don't think getting an EM woud make much of a difference in my performance. With bigger turbo/injectors it would, but probably not with my bolt-ons now.

BTW, I would like to know if I can run Cobb AP with all my mods right now, including the perrin pulley?
    Last edited by WiCkeDrEx; 08-24-2005 at 08:50 PM.
    13.7 at 98.74 MPH / Stock TD04 & No EM

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by WiCkeDrEx
    It was a silver with black polished lip rims. Yes, it was in SJ on capitol exwy. I haven't lost a race on that road until now. I can probably take him out of the hole, if we caught a red light.

I don't think getting an EM woud make much of a difference in my performance. With bigger turbo/injectors it would, but probably not with my bolt-ons now.

BTW, I would like to know if I can run Cobb AP with all my mods right now, including the perrin pulley?
    If it is who I am thinking, he has Stage 2. His car is pretty fast. From a roll on the freeway he walked me easily when I was Stage 1 and had a WGA.

Quote Originally Posted by Damien83
    How much power does an A/C take up anyway? Maybe 4 or 5 hp at the most. Shouldn't be horribly noticeable except you expect it to be slower so it feels that way.
    mine seriously never shuts off. my girl laughs at the huge diffrence, especially when i raced her cousins shivvy truck for gits and shiggles. because i had it on for one red light then i turned it off for the next. and on rolls too. i guess he really thought he had more than my flat four.

Quote Originally Posted by WiCkeDrEx
    AP is fine w/ the Perrin pulley. I would remove the boost controler though.

T.J.
    200,000 mile club.

Old Irish adage: "Do not resent growing old. Many are denied the privilege."

Quote Originally Posted by T.J.
    AP is fine w/ the Perrin pulley. I would remove the boost controler though.

T.J.
    I agree..

I really do suggest some form of EM. If you aren't planning any more modding I say get a AP and run their stg2 map and if by chance you get a little cash get a Protune. People are seeing a 10 to 25 awhp with a Protune besides faster spooling.
    2002 PSM utec Stage 4
    Mods

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast