Stage2 WRX vs. (basically stock) WRX

This is a discussion on Stage2 WRX vs. (basically stock) WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; this happened a while ago but it's 3:00 AM and I'm bored. my power mods: UTEC, 3" TBE his power ...

Stage2 WRX vs. (basically stock) WRX

this happened a while ago but it's 3:00 AM and I'm bored.

my power mods: UTEC, 3" TBE

his power mods: crappy catback of some kind. the kind that sticks out 3 feet above the
    bumper.

cruisin' on County Road 571 and I catch a glimpse of a WRB 'Rex with some nice OZ's. we pass each other back and forth, giving the thumbs up, etc...

then the road opens up, and I'm about a car length behind. we're both in second. he sees me take off (my exhaust is pretty loud) and he gunned it as well.

by the top of second we're dead even, and third gear is just a joke. i shut down at about 6000 rpm's with him about 3 cars behind.

is Stage 2 that big of a difference from stock? it doesn't feel that much faster.....or is it the usual "getting used to the power" syndrome?
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Getting a professional tune will do wonders. The txs stg2 map is pretty conservative and is made for close to sea level. I have a few mods over you, but when i made my initial dyno run i only made 210whp and 215tq. After an agressive tune, my numbers were 240whp and 270tq!! An up-pipe will help you out as well.
    03 PSM WRX(Herbie)- Deceased
    05 PSM STI(Angus)- New numbers coming soon!

Pics and Mods

stage 2 wrx felt like a different car to me but only after my brother got a brand new 05 and it was stock. When i was driving the 03 wrx and modding it up, it didnt feel that much faster but i was going a mod at a time so power was just growing on me i guess.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

I wonder how the 06 would feel.... with that 2.5 and a few extra hp.

u cant feel 3hp difference but it will just have barely any lag if any and every gear low end will feel great. Car will feel torquey, almost like a sti, just without the whiplash.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

I noticed when I put on my stage II how much quicker the turbo spooled and how much better the turbo held boost. It used to bleed of quickly, but now it holds a lot longer, which makes so much difference. Of course a lot of that has to do with the open downpipe.
    WRX 2004 Cobb Stage II (91) w/Helix DP ... 13.8@96.

I need an uppipe and an exhaust!