02 rex vs.96gsr integra
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on 02 rex vs.96gsr integra within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; When I first got my 02 about a month and a half ago I raced my friends GSR and lost ...

02 rex vs.96gsr integra

When I first got my 02 about a month and a half ago I raced my friends GSR and lost by a car from 60mph in third. Last week I finally put my invida down pipe on to go with my apexi cat-back. I raced my friend again who had beaten a stock SS cobalt from 40mph twice and lost twice from sixty. I beat him like 4 times from 60mph and once from 40mph I was wondering if this was respectable or do I have a lemon. when we raced the second time it was like my car would just jump out about a car and then stay there up to whatever speed we went to. I figured that was because the wrx has no top end or so I've been told or because the gsr got into its very sequential 5spd and stayed in its peak rpms or power band pretty much. plus he got the jump from 40 but again I pulled back to a car out in from no problem. otherwise I think that I would have at least pulled another half a car or so added on.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

what rpms r u starting at and what gear? and what mods does the gsr have? and do u have the driver mod? no gsr has come closer than 4 car lengths to me
    14.160@96.011
    90 degree weather
    airhog, removed silencer, and removed stock catback exhaust (stock DPs in place) and craptacular california 91 octane piss water

what is your question exactly? A stock GSR and a stock wrx from a 60mph roll is a pretty close race with the edge going to the wrx. So if you friend has basic bolt on's (i/h/e) I could def. see him beating you while your stock, and you only pulling a car or so from a 60mph roll with a tbe.
    My old car was a GSR with intake, race header, catback, testpipe, intake manifold, clutch, flywheel, etc.... and I had no problem putting a few cars on stock wrx's at highway speeds.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

the WRX is not good for highway racing... not good for "racing from a roll"

its not a SRT-4 or a Supra

the WRX is nice and heavy being a sedan, you've got turbo lag to deal with, and you've got AWD which is working against you and just giving you aditional drivetrain losses.

It should be a close race regardless, with you having the advantage because of your higher HP / Torque, if it was a Type-R though, it'd probably be the other way around.

your story makes perfect sense and your car is fine.

Go get an up-pipe and some engine mangament (AP, ecutek, whatever) and do the race again and it should be a whole lot better ^_^
    they call STi's STDs because everyone is getting them.

Thanks for the input guys. Next is probably either a bov or accessport.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxracer87
    Next is probably either a bov or accessport.

In my opinion I think that this is a driver problem rather than a car problem. I beat a 207hp Integra type R my friend owned (and wrecked). Off the line i handed him his ass in my RS which only had 180hp at the time and now has 200hp, then we went through 1st gear, 2nd gear and 3rd gear and i stayed ahead of him by half a car lenght then in 4th gear he pulled up next to me but then that is when the race died down and I let off the gas. If we had kept on goin im sure he woulda pulled a lil on me if not stay next to me. Most of all If a good driver was actually behind the wheel of the teg I woulda for sure lost in 3rd gear and by alot, but my friend at the time was new to stick and shifted 500 rpms before redline and didn't even know what a launch was.... not to mention his tires were bald.

If we didn't race from a stop and we raced from a roll he woulda prob handed me my ass though. Bottom line i think a WRX is capable of doing much better in a race such as that.
    Last edited by Okonkowo; 08-22-2005 at 10:47 AM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Okonkowo
    In my opinion I think that this is a driver problem rather than a car problem. I beat a 207hp Integra type R my friend owned (and wrecked). Off the line i handed him his ass in my RS which only had 180hp at the time and now has 200hp, then we went through 1st gear, 2nd gear and 3rd gear and i stayed ahead of him by half a car lenght then in 4th gear he pulled up next to me but then that is when the race died down and I let off the gas. If we had kept on goin im sure he woulda pulled a lil on me if not stay next to me.

If we didn't race from a stop and we raced from a roll he woulda prob handed me my ass though. Bottom line i think a WRX is capable of doing much better in a race such as that.
    Are we talking about crank HP or wheel HP?

crank hp. Whp he prob has alot more than i do. At first it hought if it was a type r then it shoudl have more power shoudln't it? but then i looked at his motor and everything looked type r to me..... it was a swap into a gsr.
    Last edited by Okonkowo; 08-22-2005 at 10:50 AM.

I Support ClubWRX
    crank hp. Whp he prob has alot more than i do.
    Your race makes sense. You slaghtered him on the launch, and he had to play catch up. From a roll he would have destroyed you.

The only advantage my car holds in races is the launching. anybody try 2nd gear launches? I tried it once.... 3000 RPMs 2nd gear at around 30ish mph then i push in the clutch and rev it up to 5000 and drop it and boy does it haul ass.

I Support ClubWRX
    anybody try 2nd gear launches? I tried it once.... 3000 RPMs 2nd gear at around 30ish mph then i push in the clutch and rev it up to 5000 and drop it and boy does it haul ass.
    I can hear your trans and clutch screaming from here

lol seriously my trans is still good but at 12k I got a new clutch under warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxracer87
    When I first got my 02 about a month and a half ago I raced my friends GSR and lost by a car from 60mph in third. Last week I finally put my invida down pipe on to go with my apexi cat-back. I raced my friend again who had beaten a stock SS cobalt from 40mph twice and lost twice from sixty. I beat him like 4 times from 60mph and once from 40mph I was wondering if this was respectable or do I have a lemon. when we raced the second time it was like my car would just jump out about a car and then stay there up to whatever speed we went to. I figured that was because the wrx has no top end or so I've been told or because the gsr got into its very sequential 5spd and stayed in its peak rpms or power band pretty much. plus he got the jump from 40 but again I pulled back to a car out in from no problem. otherwise I think that I would have at least pulled another half a car or so added on.
    when you went from 40, did you throw it in 2nd or 3rd?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxaddicted
    when you went from 40, did you throw it in 2nd or 3rd?
    Good question. Also, did you drag to brake while on the throttle to build boost?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.