02 rex vs.96gsr integra - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on 02 rex vs.96gsr integra within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I use to have a gsr and 3rd gear pulls the hardest....so...at a 60mph rool...in third...thats where the gsr has ...

I use to have a gsr and 3rd gear pulls the hardest....so...at a 60mph rool...in third...thats where the gsr has most power

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    Your race makes sense. You slaghtered him on the launch, and he had to play catch up. From a roll he would have destroyed you.
    no, it doesn't really make much sense at all. He is driving a stock RS. An integra typeR beats a stock RS to 60mph by about a full second. (mid 7's, compared to mid 6's) and the 1/4mile times are nearly a full second apart as well. A typeR should walk the hell out of a stock RS. The only reason the wrx's do so well off the line is because they are able to launch IN BOOST. The RS does not have a very impressive 0-60 by any means. Between the TypeR weighing about 300lbs less or more and making about 25+whp more the RS would be lucky to stay ahead after 30mph. This is just another prime example of someone not being able to drive their car.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    no, it doesn't really make much sense at all. He is driving a stock RS. An integra typeR beats a stock RS to 60mph by about a full second. (mid 7's, compared to mid 6's) and the 1/4mile times are nearly a full second apart as well. A typeR should walk the hell out of a stock RS. The only reason the wrx's do so well off the line is because they are able to launch IN BOOST. The RS does not have a very impressive 0-60 by any means. Between the TypeR weighing about 300lbs less or more and making about 25+whp more the RS would be lucky to stay ahead after 30mph. This is just another prime example of someone not being able to drive their car.
    The RS's curb weight is 2972, and I believe he has some mods. A RS can launch just about as hard as a WRX, and has less trouble doing so. No turbo lag, no bog.

The RS's curb weight is 2972, and I believe he has some mods. A RS can launch just about as hard as a WRX, and has less trouble doing so. No turbo lag, no bog.
    yes, RS weighs in at 3,000 and the TypeR comes in just under 2,700.. this is that 300lbs difference I was talking about

Also, while the RS is "easier" to launch due to lack of bogging, it is still launching on N/A power (and not a lot of it, mind you). The wrx is able to get such great times because it can launch in boost with the turbo already spooled. That is the whole point of the turbo, awd, launch thing. Also, lets not forget the Impreza RS clocks in a 0-60 time in the mid 7sec range, while the TypeR consistantly knocks off lower to mid 6sec 0-60 times.
    O yeah, and as for mods he has header and intake. What is that good for, like 10whp?

Therefore, I hardly see how his results sound typical or make sense
    Just call me Clark Kent

excuse me but my CAI was prototyped by injen and made 17whp on top of 5whp from the header and 7whp from the exhaust system.... id post my recent dyno but as i was coming home the dyno flew out the window on the highway I dynoed in at 137.5whp and 146.6 ft lb just with the CAI. and with the header, exhaust n intake i dynoed in at 149whp and 156 ft. lb. Only dyno i have on me is the one with just an intake would u like to see that one?

Hell i even raced my friends STi for the sake of it and i launched just as good as him but its just once i get to 2nd he just pulled like a mofo about 5 car lengths away. I also raced my friends bone stock 04 WRX and stayed even with him up to 3rd. SO my car isn't as slow as you think.

An integra has many advantages on top of a big disadvantage you are not mentioning which is the FWD not being able to launch as hard as i did. However if this race was from a Roll i'd be beggin for mercy but it wasn't and i launched hard so he had to play catch up in 2nd,3rd and 4th..... 5th he would pass me up.
    Last edited by Okonkowo; 08-22-2005 at 11:32 AM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    yes, RS weighs in at 3,000 and the TypeR comes in just under 2,700.. this is that 300lbs difference I was talking about

Also, while the RS is "easier" to launch due to lack of bogging, it is still launching on N/A power (and not a lot of it, mind you). The wrx is able to get such great times because it can launch in boost with the turbo already spooled. That is the whole point of the turbo, awd, launch thing. Also, lets not forget the Impreza RS clocks in a 0-60 time in the mid 7sec range, while the TypeR consistantly knocks off lower to mid 6sec 0-60 times.
    O yeah, and as for mods he has header and intake. What is that good for, like 10whp?

Therefore, I hardly see how his results sound typical or make sense
    1: Good luck getting those consistant 0-60 times with a fwd car
    2: The RS is easy to launch. No bogging. Floor it and rip.
    3: The TypeR is a torqueless wonder. Torque pulls you out of the hole
    4: The header and CAI should add about 15whp, and 20wtq on the RS.
    5: The typical 0-60 on a Type-R is around 7.0 with a good launch. Few have knocked off a low to mid 6.0.
    6: The RS would destroy the Type R on a launch, and the Type-R will have to play catch up. Sounds accurate to me.
    7: In the 1320, the Type-R will win. Stoplight to stoplight, I give the RS the win.
    8: Bench racing is fun!!!

when you went from 40, did you throw it in 2nd or 3rd?

2nd

Good question. Also, did you drag to brake while on the throttle to build boost?

No I didn't know that you could do that. My car spools alright anyways since I got the invida straight through down pipe. He didn't jump out when I was spooling up. It was just like we stayed even and then my car would spool up and pull about a car in 2nd from 40 and in 3rd from 60 and then we would stay in that position up to whatever speed one time I think we got up to 120mph but that was the highest.

i dono.. ive raced my fair share of gsr's and civic si's, and i just drive by them.. most races from a 40mph punch or higher.. so i dono.. maybe its just me.. or my car
    14.160@96.011
    90 degree weather
    airhog, removed silencer, and removed stock catback exhaust (stock DPs in place) and craptacular california 91 octane piss water

good question. Also, did you drag to brake while on the throttle to build boost?

....?? wtf is that?

you hear about things like the old rally cross drivers holding down the throttle and the brake during hard cornering as to not lose boost... but ...

wtf is that??
    they call STi's STDs because everyone is getting them.

1: Good luck getting those consistant 0-60 times with a fwd car
    2: The RS is easy to launch. No bogging. Floor it and rip.
    3: The TypeR is a torqueless wonder. Torque pulls you out of the hole
    4: The header and CAI should add about 15whp, and 20wtq on the RS.
    5: The typical 0-60 on a Type-R is around 7.0 with a good launch. Few have knocked off a low to mid 6.0.
    6: The RS would destroy the Type R on a launch, and the Type-R will have to play catch up. Sounds accurate to me.
    7: In the 1320, the Type-R will win. Stoplight to stoplight, I give the RS the win.
    8: Bench racing is fun!!!
    apparently 0-60 numbers are meaningless these days

funny
    Just call me Clark Kent

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by amukaoen
    good question. Also, did you drag to brake while on the throttle to build boost?

....?? wtf is that?

you hear about things like the old rally cross drivers holding down the throttle and the brake during hard cornering as to not lose boost... but ...

wtf is that??
    Kinda self explanitory

i dono.. ive raced my fair share of gsr's and civic si's, and i just drive by them.. most races from a 40mph punch or higher.. so i dono.. maybe its just me.. or my car

That same guy with the gsr has never lost to another one the entire time hes had his car. His brother has a gsr motor swapped into his civic which should be a more potent combination {lighter car with same size motor} but he beats him by about 5+ cars from a 60 roll. All he has done is an intake, header, gutted cat, and cat back exhaust. The closest another gsr has come to beating him was a guy who had a vtec controller and my friend pulled a car on him. I mentioned In the first post that the guy beat a cobalt SS twice from 40mph and lost twice from 60mph. Most gsr's and si's I believe I could also drive by but this one is pretty fast.

In my opinion I think that this is a driver problem rather than a car problem. I beat a 207hp Integra type R my friend owned (and wrecked). Off the line i handed him his ass in my RS which only had 180hp at the time and now has 200hp, then we went through 1st gear, 2nd gear and 3rd gear and i stayed ahead of him by half a car lenght then in 4th gear he pulled up next to me but then that is when the race died down and I let off the gas. If we had kept on goin im sure he woulda pulled a lil on me if not stay next to me. Most of all If a good driver was actually behind the wheel of the teg I woulda for sure lost in 3rd gear and by alot, but my friend at the time was new to stick and shifted 500 rpms before redline and didn't even know what a launch was.... not to

now that Is just ridiculus. either your RS is a really good one or your friends type R is a lemon. I drive the next step up impreza and I wouldn't expect to beat an type R on the interstate and I would think that it would be close in the quarter mile. Type R transmissions have limited slip which makes them faster than your typical honda from a stop. But good kill anyways.

Kinda self explanitory

still dont get it... care to elaborate??
    they call STi's STDs because everyone is getting them.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by amukaoen
    still dont get it... care to elaborate??
    Sure. Say you are starting in 2nd from a 40 roll. When you are getting ready to go, drag the brake with your left foot, and give the car more gas. The brake will keep you from speeding up, and giving it gas will spool the turbo. When you or your opponent hit the third beep, nail the gas, and let off the brake. The turbo will be spooled, and you will take off like a shot without having to wait for boost. Understand?
    Last edited by Trainrex; 08-23-2005 at 09:49 PM.

And if you are desperate to show your RS's power like me you will in the clutch rev up and launch from a roll..... better than losing andgetting teh middle finger from some ricer. Haha but wid a WRX that should be absolutely no problem winning.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast