Pulled on a E36 M3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Pulled on a E36 M3 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Last weekend I'm driving home in the left lane at about 65-70 when a BMW flies by me. He had ...

Pulled on a E36 M3

Last weekend I'm driving home in the left lane at about 65-70 when a BMW flies by me. He had to be doing atleast 80. So I start following him and he's just going in and out of traffic. We then jump on RT 9 north and he punched it cause he was gone and I was just cruising with my AC on . I knew Id catch him on the Sayreville bridge, which is a nice new bridge with like 4 lanes. I catch up to him, AC off, its on. Where going through a construction zone which is two lanes and opens up onto the 4 lane bridge. I'm on him like a fly on shyt. Im in 4th at 3-3.5k and once he gets that open lane I see he punched it. He must of downshifted cause I seen gas spurt out of his exhaust so I hit. Anyway, he pulled about 1.5 car lengths and that's when I started to pull him and I got back on his ass again and shut down at around 5.5-6k @ 90-95 give or take. I was surprised to have pulled on him that much and so was he, seen his face in the rear view. Too bad the road was congested.

It was a E36 4 door M3. I noticed rims, exhaust, a nice flip out LCD unit haha. Me coming from the BMW scene I was impressed.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by PRIDExPL
    Last weekend I'm driving home in the left lane at about 65-70 when a BMW flies by me. He had to be doing atleast 80. So I start following him and he's just going in and out of traffic. We then jump on RT 9 north and he punched it cause he was gone and I was just cruising with my AC on . I knew Id catch him on the Sayreville bridge, which is a nice new bridge with like 4 lanes. I catch up to him, AC off, its on. Where going through a construction zone which is two lanes and opens up onto the 4 lane bridge. I'm on him like a fly on shyt. Im in 4th at 3-3.5k and once he gets that open lane I see he punched it. He must of downshifted cause I seen gas spurt out of his exhaust so I hit. Anyway, he pulled about 1.5 car lengths and that's when I started to pull him and I got back on his ass again and shut down at around 5.5-6k @ 90-95 give or take. I was surprised to have pulled on him that much and so was he, seen his face in the rear view. Too bad the road was congested.

It was a E36 4 door M3. I noticed rims, exhaust, a nice flip out LCD unit haha. Me coming from the BMW scene I was impressed.
    your mods?

stock

you pulled an E36 M3 from a 4th gear roll in a stock wrx

Something is not right here.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

ive seen a stage 2wrx pull on a m3 but a stock wrx....it just doesnt seem right
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

he says his coming from a bmw scene so he should know i guess. All i can think is 4door heavier than 2door and an automatic tranny + horsepower loss with it being old.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

oh e36...the 99s and older....i though he meant the new ones...my bad i read wrong....it is possible because of the auto tranny
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

The E36 M's are only 240hp, and get about 205 to the wheels give or take a few. The straight six is an awesome engine though.

Who knows it could of been an auto and he could of had a ton of stereo equip. in the trunk.

205 whp vs. 168 whp

Maybe it was a 325is with M3 stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by PRIDExPL
    The E36 M's are only 240hp, and get about 205 to the wheels give or take a few.

doesn't matter. The wrx only makes like 165-170whp in stock form. Not to mention the E36 has superior gearing and is similar in weight. The only thing I can think of is that the E36 has an auto tranny and got a bad downshift from it. Even the Auto's (E36 M3) trap in the wrx 5spd territory.
    Just call me Clark Kent

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    doesn't matter. The wrx only makes like 165-170whp in stock form. Not to mention the E36 has superior gearing and is similar in weight. The only thing I can think of is that the E36 has an auto tranny and got a bad downshift from it. Even the Auto's (E36 M3) trap in the wrx 5spd territory.
    yes, but you must take old age into consideration. old age = loss of power.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxaddicted
    yes, but you must take old age into consideration. old age = loss of power.
    obviously you are taking into consideration how unbelievably strong the inline 6 that powers the BMW is. They dyno just as much @ 8 years old then they did when brand new and rarely lose compression. Like I said, if the car was auto, it got a bad downshift, and is in rather poor engine condition then it is def. possible. But all things considered the E36 M3 is quite the faster car from a 4th gear roll.
    Even auto E36 M3's trap similarly if not a tad higher than stock 5spd wrx's.
    Just call me Clark Kent

actually i was dead even with an E36 M3 when i was stock all the way to 120mph ish (4th gear redline).

my friend had an E36 M3 when i bought my new bugeye and he also said my car drove similar to his.
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

i followed an e36 m3 one night in my stage 2 wrx and i would walk up to his back bumper and have to slow down so as not to hit into him.
    stg.2 > e36 m3

Quote Originally Posted by AngelBoy
    actually i was dead even with an E36 M3 when i was stock all the way to 120mph ish (4th gear redline).

my friend had an E36 M3 when i bought my new bugeye and he also said my car drove similar to his.
    Was this from a dig?

I hear a lot of people around here claim highway kills on E36 M3's when they trap about 5mph higher and have much better gearing for those speeds and a better power curve.... This isn't about me bench racing either, this is about real world experience.

Quote Originally Posted by allxusedxup
    i followed an e36 m3 one night in my stage 2 wrx and i would walk up to his back bumper and have to slow down so as not to hit into him.
    stg.2 > e36 m3
    StageII vs. E36 M3 5mt would be a good race from a roll with the edge going to the wrx. The M3 traps about 98/99mph but has better gearing while the WRX stageII traps about 99/100mph and is making a good 15whp more over the M3.
    From a dig, obviously the wrx would own it.
    Last edited by DTR rex; 08-22-2005 at 11:03 AM.
    Just call me Clark Kent

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast