Pulled on a E36 M3 - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Pulled on a E36 M3 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; A stock E36 M3 should rape a stock WRX from a roll if both drivers are even. Obviously, in this ...

A stock E36 M3 should rape a stock WRX from a roll if both drivers are even. Obviously, in this case, they were not - or you raced an auto.

E36 M3s don't have overdrive, so they pull just as hard in 4th as they do in 2nd and 3rd. I believe they trap near 100mph stock in the 1/4 mile. 100mph vs. 94mph. Hmm...

Anyway, anything can happen out there.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by AngelBoy
    actually i was dead even with an E36 M3 when i was stock all the way to 120mph ish (4th gear redline).

my friend had an E36 M3 when i bought my new bugeye and he also said my car drove similar to his.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    Was this from a dig?

I hear a lot of people around here claim highway kills on E36 M3's when they trap about 5mph higher and have much better gearing for those speeds and a better power curve.... This isn't about me bench racing either, this is about real world experience.

StageII vs. E36 M3 5mt would be a good race from a roll with the edge going to the wrx. The M3 traps about 98/99mph but has better gearing while the WRX stageII traps about 99/100mph and is making a good 15whp more over the M3.
    From a dig, obviously the wrx would own it.

on one hand, i know what i experienced wasn't bs, so i don't know what to say. on the other hand, everything you say makes perfect sense.

i'm just gonna scratch my head and forget about it.
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.