Pulled on a E36 M3 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Pulled on a E36 M3 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; A stock E36 M3 should rape a stock WRX from a roll if both drivers are even. Obviously, in this ...

A stock E36 M3 should rape a stock WRX from a roll if both drivers are even. Obviously, in this case, they were not - or you raced an auto.

E36 M3s don't have overdrive, so they pull just as hard in 4th as they do in 2nd and 3rd. I believe they trap near 100mph stock in the 1/4 mile. 100mph vs. 94mph. Hmm...

Anyway, anything can happen out there.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by AngelBoy
    actually i was dead even with an E36 M3 when i was stock all the way to 120mph ish (4th gear redline).

my friend had an E36 M3 when i bought my new bugeye and he also said my car drove similar to his.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    Was this from a dig?

I hear a lot of people around here claim highway kills on E36 M3's when they trap about 5mph higher and have much better gearing for those speeds and a better power curve.... This isn't about me bench racing either, this is about real world experience.

StageII vs. E36 M3 5mt would be a good race from a roll with the edge going to the wrx. The M3 traps about 98/99mph but has better gearing while the WRX stageII traps about 99/100mph and is making a good 15whp more over the M3.
    From a dig, obviously the wrx would own it.

on one hand, i know what i experienced wasn't bs, so i don't know what to say. on the other hand, everything you say makes perfect sense.

i'm just gonna scratch my head and forget about it.
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12