Forester XT Vs. Pontiac GTO 5.7
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Forester XT Vs. Pontiac GTO 5.7 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; The best race I have had yet, not just because of the actual racing but because the person driving the ...

Forester XT Vs. Pontiac GTO 5.7

The best race I have had yet, not just because of the actual racing but because the person driving the GTO was cool as hell.

I dont race much, this was my 3rd race in a year with my XT but I had to.

1st race, I get a bad launch because I am not sure if he is going to race. When the light turned green his tires squeel and I reacted by trying to launch , What a horrible launch. I got lucky because he couldnt get traction. When we both finally learned how to drive I had a half car length on him. By the end of 3rd he had me by half a car length then we stopped at another light.

2nd race, I get another bad launch , and we are even all the way to 85mph. Please note that I was ahead of him by a car length and he caught up by 75mph.

3rd race, light was already green but we are talking and dont notice ( no traffic was behind us, it was 1am) so he asked if we wanted to go again and we did. He gets the early jump and I finally get a good launch and we are even till 90 .

The whole time he is like, A FORESTER!!!!! He didnt belive me when I told him it was stock. He had Virginia plates. Cool guy though he gave the thumbs up like 4 times.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Black XT
    The best race I have had yet, not just because of the actual racing but because the person driving the GTO was cool as hell.

I dont race much, this was my 3rd race in a year with my XT but I had to.

1st race, I get a bad launch because I am not sure if he is going to race. When the light turned green his tires squeel and I reacted by trying to launch , What a horrible launch. I got lucky because he couldnt get traction. When we both finally learned how to drive I had a half car length on him. By the end of 3rd he had me by half a car length then we stopped at another light.

2nd race, I get another bad launch , and we are even all the way to 85mph. Please note that I was ahead of him by a car length and he caught up by 75mph.

3rd race, light was already green but we are talking and dont notice ( no traffic was behind us, it was 1am) so he asked if we wanted to go again and we did. He gets the early jump and I finally get a good launch and we are even till 90 .

The whole time he is like, A FORESTER!!!!! He didnt belive me when I told him it was stock. He had Virginia plates. Cool guy though he gave the thumbs up like 4 times.

Sounds like fun! I know a few LS1 GTO ownwers that were pissed when they put the LS2 in them. I really want a Forester XT as a daily driver, but the wife won't go for a stick, so I won't buy one!

*1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

*2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD

I Support ClubWRX
    Nice work. The 5.7L GTOs are kind of lame, IMO. The new ones, though...
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by Integra96
    Nice work. The 5.7L GTOs are kind of lame, IMO. The new ones, though...

I agree. I dont like the design for the GTO's but still would be fun to drive the 5.7 or the 6.0. I am certain the results probably would have been different with the new ones. But man, I can usually launch my car good but for some reason I sucked that time.

I got scared when I squealed my tires going from 1st to 2nd and a little from 2nd to 3rd. I had never done that and first thing that came to my head was; Damn, hope I dont smell my clutch.

I am just glad he was cool and we had a chance to talk about the cars. I am sure he is online now to find out if the forester is that quick.

Quote Originally Posted by WRXreX
    Mods?

I was just thinking the same thing...? LS1 GTO's trap at ~ 110-112 mph, right? What do stock XT's trap at...?

PICS & MODS

Those GTO's are FAST. Way faster than a stock WRX or 92x. Not sure about a Forester though....they are quick.

I almost bought one prior to getting my 92x....then I realized I'd be screwed in the winter up here in NY. It was when they were dumping the 04's.....red 6 speed out the door for $24K.

I thought I passed up the best deal ever....then I got my 92x for $19K. Gotta love GM.

The LS1 GTO's (04's) trap around the 100-102 area from what I've seen, the 05's are in the 108-109 territory. I havent seen a stock XT run, but there was a guy at the track friday who said his Forester had a TBE and cobb stage 2, and he was hitting 13.7-13.8 most of the night, with one 13.5@102 that I saw.
    Cobb Stage 2.5 VF-34 + uppipe
    Best ET so far - 13.1@103 with a 1.81 60'

Quote Originally Posted by SOUTHPAW
    I was just thinking the same thing...? LS1 GTO's trap at ~ 110-112 mph, right? What do stock XT's trap at...?

I think they trap in the low 100s. A 03-04 Cobra traps 110-112mph.

bigwrxguy, I like your avatar !!!

I got absolutely hammered by a LS2 GTO....from a 50mph roll no less. I knew it would happen but dayummm....I didnt think it would be that bad! BTW, I am stock.

IMO, the LS2 for ~$31k is a great bargain. It aint a looker but neither is my '04 stock wagon and I still love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Black XT
    The whole time he is like, A FORESTER!!!!! He didnt belive me when I told him it was stock.
    he is stock. stock =

how is it that the forester xt is faster than a wrx stock to stock when its 210-227?
    03silver wrx fpgreen stg4FMIC+272,272 cams++

Quote Originally Posted by ramair18954
    how is it that the forester xt is faster than a wrx stock to stock when its 210-227?

Horsepower looks good on a paper, but torque wins races...

PICS & MODS

Quote Originally Posted by ramair18954
    Powerband and torque, that is the why the new 2.5 WRX is going to be faster, and should be as fast or faster then the forester xt. There is power everywhere in the 2.5.
    2013 WRX SWP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast