Forester XT Vs. Pontiac GTO 5.7 - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Forester XT Vs. Pontiac GTO 5.7 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by wrxaddicted he is stock. stock = You should read the part where he cant get any traction, ...

Quote Originally Posted by wrxaddicted
    he is stock. stock =

You should read the part where he cant get any traction, and remember, I was ahead of him every race but ended up even every time. XT's do trap lower than the 5.7 GTO's but the XT stock and launched correctly has had 13.9-13.8 times

So, I dont see why it is a big deal that a GTO with traction problems caught up to an XT at higher speeds.

My only surprise was how bad my launches were.

If it was from a roll, then yea, Stock = BS. but it was not from a roll, all from a stop.
    So, no BS.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    I love my boyfriends Forester XT. So much power.. and so little people know what its really capable of. Its so much fun to get people to race ya and then lose to a family wagon/ mini suv.

Forester XT = teh WinneR
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    oh.. and great story black XT
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

Quote Originally Posted by 03WRX_YELLOW
    I love my boyfriends Forester XT. So much power.. and so little people know what its really capable of. Its so much fun to get people to race ya and then lose to a family wagon/ mini suv.

Forester XT = teh WinneR

Yes the look on their faces is priceless
    04 Cayenne Red XT....b1tch.
    Cobb Stage 2 Protune on the way....
    Kartboy SS
    bling free since 1975

I Support ClubWRX
    So much power.. and so little people know what its really capable of. Its so much fun to get people to race ya and then lose to a family wagon/ mini suv.

Forester XT = teh WinneR
    That is why I will have one for my next car!

oh.. and great story black XT

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by 04wrx4keeps
    The LS1 GTO's (04's) trap around the 100-102 area from what I've seen, the 05's are in the 108-109 territory. I havent seen a stock XT run, but there was a guy at the track friday who said his Forester had a TBE and cobb stage 2, and he was hitting 13.7-13.8 most of the night, with one 13.5@102 that I saw.
    If your talking about NYIRP, then that was me. I've been as low as 13.45 with a 1.9 60'. Could most likely squeeze out a 13.3 or so with a 1.8 60'.

Taking a higher powered car by a length or 2 from a stop takes quite a bit to catch up. I raced my buddies Stg. 2 SRT-4 that's trapping around 106ish from a 20mph roll and it took him til 90+ to catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by vortmax
    If your talking about NYIRP, then that was me. I've been as low as 13.45 with a 1.9 60'. Could most likely squeeze out a 13.3 or so with a 1.8 60'.

Taking a higher powered car by a length or 2 from a stop takes quite a bit to catch up. I raced my buddies Stg. 2 SRT-4 that's trapping around 106ish from a 20mph roll and it took him til 90+ to catch up.

Nice, I saw the Cobb stage 2 for like $800, (dont know what TBE means)

Would love to have that setup. 13.45 is niiice.

I read the Drive Magazine and they had a nice looking forester running slow times, had tons of upgrades. I hope you get 13.3 soon, keep us updated.

Quote Originally Posted by Black XT
    (dont know what TBE means)
    turbo-back exhaust

Sounds about right
    LS1 GTOs range from 13.4s - 14s in the 1/4 mile based on driver skill. I watched an
    04 GTO that was running 14.0 @ 102 mph all day long. As we all know they really don't get going until about 80mph or so.

His description of the races seems realistic to me.

Quote Originally Posted by SGOSWRX
    Sounds about right
    LS1 GTOs range from 13.4s - 14s in the 1/4 mile based on driver skill. I watched an
    04 GTO that was running 14.0 @ 102 mph all day long. As we all know they really don't get going until about 80mph or so.

His description of the races seems realistic to me.

Yup, it was around 80 when he started to pull on me pretty good. We were both smart enough to stop once he was ahead at higher speeds cause unless he ran out of gas, there was no way I could catch up then.

If it was the newer GTO's then I probably would be ahead untill 20mph? Haven't raced one of those yet.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.