My First races in stg 2 WRX

This is a discussion on My First races in stg 2 WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ok I just got home from a night of cruising with some friends. First I raced an S2000 from a ...

My First races in stg 2 WRX

Ok I just got home from a night of cruising with some friends. First I raced an S2000 from a dig. (Im guessing stock or close to) No launch and I killed it. Raced twice same results. Guy wouldnt even look at me. Then I raced a modded SRT-4 from a roll. (not by choice) 3 races we stayed pretty much dead even. The second race I hit the rev limiter he pulled slightly ahead and third I inched up a little. Keep in mind he was modded. Again not sure what he had in it but I know he had exhaust and a bov. all 3 races with the SRT were from about 40-60 to about 100. I know very unsafe but I wanted so badly to beat him. How do you think I did?
    Last edited by IHRTWRX; 08-20-2005 at 03:00 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i would say, u did pretty damn good.
    Yea tru love we can find ourselves
    I call our true identies
    Love ya brudda love ya sista
    Love everyone...the univeral sign
    Ill take it from here

Having a stage 2 wrx myself, I'd have to say the srt had very little if any mods to make it faster.

Jason
    1998 Turbo Neon..My own Stage 42
    2004 WRX Wagon....getting rid of it

Quote Originally Posted by JasoNeon
    Having a stage 2 wrx myself, I'd have to say the srt had very little if any mods to make it faster.

Jason
    +1

I pulled almost dead even with an (as far as I could tell) stock SRT-4 when I was stage 2, from about 60-100. I didnt have an uppipe at that time though either, just tbe and accessport.

Still good runs, sounds like fun.
    Cobb Stage 2.5 VF-34 + uppipe
    Best ET so far - 13.1@103 with a 1.81 60'

Quote Originally Posted by JasoNeon

Jason
    Yeah I didnt figure. I mean they are supposed to beat wrx up top. Had it been from a dig. Well... lets just say it would have been a different outcome. hehehe.

Oh and thanks for the complement credit cards.

Well I eat my previous statement. he he I've drove and help modded my friend's srt-4 a little bit (mopar stage 1 computer, bigger throttle body, K&N filter, 3" turbo back exhaust and an AGP wastegate actuator that spikes to 18 psi and then drops off to about 13psi by redline). From driving it the power comes on so much faster I guess it just felt like the car was a lot faster than mine. Tonight we were on the interstate with no traffic around and decided to have a run from about 50mph.

I drop into 2nd, he honks once and so do I (didn't know who was going to honking initially). After hearing his honk I don't honk anymore and wave for him to do it. Well I was thinking he'd pause then start the 3 beeping over but he went ahead and started beeping again real soon so I figured he was starting the 3 beep then. Well I hear 2 beeps and he takes off so I punch it as well. He pulls his rear bumper even with my front bumper, I shift into 3rd and it stays like that until he misses 4th gear. I shift into 4th, get beside him and wait to hear him back into it before I floor it again. I'm right beside him when he gets into 4th gear and we both punch it. So from about 90 up to about 110-115 I pull my front bumper a few feet in front of his and he shuts down. I was amazed, I was expecting him to slowly pull away from me but it was one of the closest races I can ever recall having. I even had tools, an 18" wheel and tire, car ramps and some other stuff in the car.

Jason
    1998 Turbo Neon..My own Stage 42
    2004 WRX Wagon....getting rid of it

Nice. Yeah Im the same way. I dont think either of us gave more than about an inch either way.