My Stage 2 WRX vs. R32 w/ intake, exhaust, chip - Page 2
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on My Stage 2 WRX vs. R32 w/ intake, exhaust, chip within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; yes, you were dead even through the gears, despite being capable of a faster time... the time you lost from ...

yes, you were dead even through the gears, despite being capable of a faster time... the time you lost from not launching ideally. if you launched better, you'd be even through the gears still, just ahead. if you want to play magazine numbers, the WRX's running these times were launched hard!!! This is why they can get mid-low 14's.

The R32 does similar times without a crazy launch. Why is the R32 not dependent on launch as much? It can't launch that hard. Traction control gets in the way and wont allow any better of a 0-60 time. (unless he has modded that... not likely since its nearly $2000)

So, here's the scenario... you both try to launch hard... you rocket out the hole... his traction control kicks in and he eases him out the hole... you are ahead by a lot... you win. You run your expected time of 13.5 and he does his 13.9.

What actually happened is you didnt launch hard... he launched as hard as he could... he ran his time of 13.9... you were slower.

You lost due to your driving. He did all he could. You couldn't creep back cuz you didnt have more power than him. Your mods = big power. His mods = less power. Yet you were only equal in power. (He still had more cuz torque was being pulled limiting the 60 ft times yet you said the distance apart stayed the same)

Well i hope you understand. If you dont, then I give up. Just keep street racing and learn nothing.
    Yes, that is me in my avatar! Kid's don't try this at home.
    CLICKY to view My Extensive Mod List!
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

informative reply, but brought down again with your negativity in the last comment
    i didnt know R32s have traction control that limits their launches. i know he told me he ran a 13.9 with a 1.9 second 60'... i figure the best 60' i could possibley expect would be a 1.8. i also assumed that there isnt much difference between AWD cars coming out of the whole that have comparable power.
    i think we agree that if i had launched better and shifted quicker, it would have turned around the results. i'm also saying that once on a roll our cars were dead even.
    bryan

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

Quote Originally Posted by Wrinkleboi
    i'd give him a bit more credit for the intake, exhaust and a chip... you know those VWs and their damned chips.
    we both estimated that our cars fall around 220 whp give or take.
    bryan
    it's likely that they are close, but remember this is the 6 cylinder engine...the vw with chip and exhaust powerhouses are the 1.8t engines.....chipping an N/A engine is almost worthless,at least i know on the vr6 it gives very very disappointing gains.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrinkleboi
    well like i said, he told me others with his same mods are hitting 13.9... and he said his 14.2 was on a hot day.
    regardless, any AWD car can get off the line relatively well, and we both got decent launches. i'm basing my opinion on what happened in real life, not a magazine stat, and i'm telling you we were dead even.
    bryan
    1) I am not calling BS. You make it seem like I dont believe your results.

2) I am not going off of "mag" times. My numbers are real world experience.

3) Tell your friend he can do better than the 13.9 he thinks he should be doing.
    If he knows how to drive his car right, 13.6's are def. in his future.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Nice race. I always thought that skylines were just one of those cars that a wrx driver even stg2 didn't mess with. That was a very respectable turn out and if you could have won with a better launch time in theory than that is even better. Also aren't skylines strait 6 cylinders and not V6's. anyways good race

lol.. i feel bad telling him cause he's serious.. so i wont...someone else do it...

they call STi's STDs because everyone is getting them.

i'll be nice....

he raced a VW Golf R32....VW built them in limited production numbers, they're all sold out. They came with a Haldex AWD system (FWD until wheelspin occurs), and VW rates them at 240hp.

embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

oh my bad i have never heard of a VW R32 still good race though

Quote Originally Posted by wrxracer87
    oh my bad i have never heard of a VW R32 still good race though
    it is relatively new, and a pretty badass car.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    it is relatively new, and a pretty badass car.
    and one with some minor bolt-ons dynoed 224/214 in 90+ degree weather.

The R32 is underrated and underestimated. the r32 is closer to 250hp instead of the 240hp that they say. Anyways, as i have earlier stated, a stock wrx is no match to a stock r32, if both drivers are equal. There is about a 5mph difference in trap speeds, favoring the R32. from a roll, the wrx should have less of a chance, because the launch is not a factor. In my opinion, and from what i understand, a Stage 2 WRX vs. R32 with chip, intake, and free exhaust mod will be pretty even. Sure the Stage 2 WRX will have around 270-280hp while the R32 with those mods is probably around 265-270hp. The R32 may have less hp, but both cars probably are putting about the same hp to the wheels, seeing that the WRX is all time awd and the R32 is fwd biased from a roll. Plus, an R32 with those mods usually hit 13.4-13.8mph at 100-103mph, with two recorded runs of 13.2 with the exact mods.

DTR REX has it pretty much down in an earlier reply though.

Peter
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

The R32 is not under-anything. It is overrated, over expensive, and over weight. Its a good thing they are sold in low numbers because I wouldn't want too many people thinking they are driving an HPA Twin Turbo when they are actually driving a weak V6 engined hatchback with an AWD system made for housewives.

-Chris
    Moderator: Retired
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan 5MT - Road Rally - Best 1/4mi: 13.954 @ 97.36mph (3448 lbs)
    2001 Mazda Miata 5MT - AutoX #99 (NNJ Region SCCA 2005 CStock Champion)
    1988 BMW 325 (2.7L "i" conversion) Sedan 5MT - Daily Driver (AutoX soon!)
    "If you can't drive this car fast you can't drive fast." --British Magazine, CAR, on the WRX

I Support ClubWRX

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

That is pretty much how all german cars go. german cars are extremely over weight you look at a golf body and you think that If you had 240 hp in that thing than you would be able to fly but with all of the luxury opitions and like twenty airbags you need that much hp just to be able to move. The R32 is still a kick a car but It could be alot better for the money. By the way (fengshui) I just had to say that those extra lights that you have on your wrx in that picture look awsome.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.