S4 (stock) vs WRX (stg2)
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on S4 (stock) vs WRX (stg2) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well I got to play a little with the guy who I purchased my 2002 WRX from and work with ...

S4 (stock) vs WRX (stg2)

Well I got to play a little with the guy who I purchased my 2002 WRX from and work with this morning. Coming down the hill behind him we turned onto a 2 lane road and slowed to about 25ish mph. He got the jump on me and by the time I was WOT he had 1/2 a car jump on me. By the time we hit mid 3rd I was 1/2 to 3/4 car ahead of him.

Funny thing is he called me this morning when we got into work *****ing. I got the WRX with a TBE, MBC and a unichip stg2 so he's into modding a car. He keeps talking about getting a chip for his S4 but for the life of me I can't figure out why he's still stock. Anyways one look inside his car and the WRX you can see who wins in the luxury department.

Oh and lastnight I was picking on a LT1 Firebird and Tiberon just for fun. Neither gave any kind of battle. I'm so loving my WRX. It's just soo much fun to drive.
    2002 PSM utec Stage 4
    Mods

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice kill.

I love the S4. Was it the V8 or V6TT?

Watch out for him when he gets the chip. they can become beasts. but its so very expensive to mode them.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

S4s are nice..... i didnt know a stage 2 wrx could take one from a roll.

Quote Originally Posted by D0WNxSH1FT
    Nice kill.

I love the S4. Was it the V8 or V6TT?

Watch out for him when he gets the chip. they can become beasts. but its so very expensive to mode them.
    He's got the V6 Bi-Turbo version. He said with a chip they were talking about 60hp and 110tq.. Seems a bit high but I guess it could happen.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxaddicted
    S4s are nice..... i didnt know a stage 2 wrx could take one from a roll.
    Well I drove him to pick the car up and on the way home from a 85mph run I was able to stay with him just down shifting to 4th.. Once I downshifted to 3rd I was able to pull on him.

The car is fast but with all the gadgets in it, it's gotta be heavy as hell. And his car is LOADED to the hilt. Even high pressure headlight washers.
    2002 PSM utec Stage 4
    Mods

Quote Originally Posted by WRX-ERROR
    He's got the V6 Bi-Turbo version. He said with a chip they were talking about 60hp and 110tq.. Seems a bit high but I guess it could happen..
    He's not lying. There's a dyno on this page, but the chip takes it to 307hp / 366ft/lbs at 91 octane and 318 / 388 on 93 octane.

APR

They weigh in at 3600lbs, though. Fast but heavy.

After seeing a S4 on the streets years back I knew that I wanted one. Too bad I couldn't afford it so the WRX was the next best thing. I still love them but the WRX has been good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Griswold
    He's not lying. There's a dyno on this page, but the chip takes it to 307hp / 366ft/lbs at 91 octane and 318 / 388 on 93 octane.

APR

They weigh in at 3600lbs, though. Fast but heavy.
    Wow.. Audi must have really undersclocked that can't ability big time. Hehe I don't think I'll be taking him after that chip.. Atleast not till stg4..
    2002 PSM utec Stage 4
    Mods

Quote Originally Posted by WRX-ERROR
    Wow.. Audi must have really undersclocked that can't ability big time. Hehe I don't think I'll be taking him after that chip.. Atleast not till stg4..
    The same company makes a stage 3 turbo kit for $6200 that nets 412hp and 482ft/lbs on 93 octane!!

stock S4 traps around 94.5mph... stage 2 WRX can easily take one.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.