Stg.2 STI vs My Neon
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Stg.2 STI vs My Neon within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well a buddy of mine came down to my pad to visit, who I haven't seen in a awhile. Turns ...

Stg.2 STI vs My Neon

Well a buddy of mine came down to my pad to visit, who I haven't seen in a awhile. Turns out he tricked his White STI out by APS to a Stg. 2 putting down 337hp and 314lbs to the wheels. I'm putting down 260hp and 335lbs to the wheels and about 300lbs lighter.

Well from a Stop, I got. well.................ummmm ya know................ DESTROYED No contest, as to that thing ripped like a catapult and I slipped in a ice skateing arena

Well since we knew that was over for me, we went on to the highway. From a 70mph roll to 145mph at 3am on a Super empty straight highway, he got the jump by about 1/2 a car and started slighty pulling. I stopped the pull at about 100mph and started gaing back the car I lost till I pulled even. At the end, he was at my bumper all 3 times we raced on the highway As for the dig races, lets not go there
    Stg. 0
    -380hp & 437lbs-
    No NOS

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Badass! Nice cars yall have there
    when the turbo spins the bull**** ends

My mods

sweet good race.
    Vibrant cat-back exhaust. Black silver rim ADR 18"/ kuhmo 225/40/18. kenwood deck, 2 12" kenwood excelons w/ 1100W kenwood amp. Cobb acessport------------coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by SRT THIS
    . I'm putting down 260hp and 335lbs to the wheels and about 300lbs lighter.

I thought you have an upgraded turbo, bigger fmic, etc?

Why did the STI put down such weak ass torque? Shouldn't the torque be somwhere around 360awtq on the STI with 337awhp?
    2003 Evolution 8
    Buschur Racing 3'' turboback exhaust with high flow cat
    Apexi SAFCII
    Turboxs HPmbc(19psi)
    Injen intake kit.
    HKS 264/272
    329+awhp/327+awtq.
    345awhp/344awtq "catless".

Quote Originally Posted by GREDDY
    Why did the STI put down such weak ass torque? Shouldn't the torque be somwhere around 360awtq on the STI with 337awhp?
    doesnt sound right....... the torque should be much better....

Quote Originally Posted by wrxaddicted
    doesnt sound right....... the torque should be much better....

good be lots of things in the tuning. detonation, pulled timing, boost drop/creep. there are several srt4s that do that same thing always make 30more tq then hp, do a big turbo kit then it switches.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

I Support ClubWRX
    Good race!

I Support ClubWRX
    Good race and nice report. But...there is no way that torque figure is correct for the STi. I doubt you could even "detune" it to achive the discrepancy between HP and TQ to arrive at those figures. These aren't hondas You would need over 3" of header diameter to get the torque that low with that HP, and even then, the top end would open up a monster. Maybe a misquote? Based on experience, he should be pushing at least 360 TQ, and I would be closer to 380-390. Still though..glad to see SRT4s and STi's go at it....very comparable cars in a straight line!!!
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

I Support ClubWRX

Nice races.

Next time get vids!

Torque

Ok, just got off the phone with him, and he said the numbers are the other way around. 314hp and 337lbs to the wheels, sorry about the mis info guys, I'l smack'em for ya

Thanks for the cool comps

Oh, and for the person who asked, I'm still on stock turbo, I want to see how long it will last me. I'm at 79K right now so when it goes, AGP 50Trim here I come
    Last edited by SRT THIS; 08-17-2005 at 02:52 AM.
    Stg. 0
    -380hp & 437lbs-
    No NOS

I raced my buddy in his stage 1 SRT. Pretty much, every race was different. I had more WHP but the gearing in the STi isn't optimal for 40mph punches. Now he's got an AGP setup, which leaves me in the dust, even with a TD06H-20G.

Quote Originally Posted by SRT THIS
    I'm at 79K right now so when it goes,
    79k? ........like to drive much?

nice kills, sti has some nice numbers for stage 2, specially in cali. I wonder if thats on race gas??

sti gearing does suck for 40mph punches, thats why i always go 45mph punch instead and get into 3rd, than let the torque do all the work. 70mph punch is horrible for sti, hopefully your friend was smart enough to be in 4th at that point.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.