jetta 1.8t dyno for all those that actually care
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 38

This is a discussion on jetta 1.8t dyno for all those that actually care within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I had my car dynoed this weekend and put down 181.9 fwhp and 234.0 ft/lbs. It was like 90+ degrees ...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    259

    jetta 1.8t dyno for all those that actually care

    I had my car dynoed this weekend and put down 181.9 fwhp and 234.0 ft/lbs. It was like 90+ degrees out however and with the cooler weather and a few more bolt-ons that I don't already have (3"dp and test pipe(no emissions in wv and don't hate on me for it, if you want to complain about emissions, go to a volcano foums/deisel truck forum/factory forum) and a fmic) I should be pushing about 200+whp and 250+ ft/lbs tq when I go back around January. And I'm going to make sure it's like -30 degrees out next time

    So, now all I have to do is find a stage 2 wrx to run and see what happens

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Registered User hellafastWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Huntington, Long Island..... NY
    Posts
    5,853
    Nice torque #!
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

    04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

  4. #3
    Buzzz Wannabe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Peoria, AZ
    Posts
    5,210
    Who's dyno were you on?
    My dyno and almost every one I know of, is set to adjust the numbers to what it would be at sea level. Was not this the case with your dyno pull?

  5. #4
    Registered User AwdTurboWrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Sun Valley,CA
    Posts
    5,793
    stage 2 wrx will have about 30more whp, it will have about the same torque and it will have a longer powerband since 1.8t turbos die off quick. You decide what will happen. Btw can you upload the chart?? its just crazy how early 1.8t turbos spools, virtually no lag.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

  6. #5
    Administrator Trainrex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    26,590
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Wannabe
    Who's dyno were you on?
    My dyno and almost every one I know of, is set to adjust the numbers to what it would be at sea level. Was not this the case with your dyno pull?
    Good question. Also, what was the vapor pressure when you dynoed?

  7. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    122
    Ya the 1.8T's are very torquey engines, i have a 05 GLI 6spd, and im pretty sure if i had the mods you got, i could take out some WRX's maybe even the stage 2's.

  8. #7
    Registered User AwdTurboWrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Sun Valley,CA
    Posts
    5,793
    i just read his post again and i couldnt help but laugh, nobody is gonna hate you on this site for being catless. This isnt vortex where you arent allowed to mention street racing, or mods that will not pass emissions

    btw no emissions?? thats awesome. i wanna move!
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

  9. #8
    Registered User bigwrxguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,306
    Quote Originally Posted by YZFWV
    I had my car dynoed this weekend and put down 181.9 fwhp and 234.0 ft/lbs. It was like 90+ degrees out however and with the cooler weather and a few more bolt-ons that I don't already have (3"dp and test pipe(no emissions in wv and don't hate on me for it, if you want to complain about emissions, go to a volcano foums/deisel truck forum/factory forum) and a fmic) I should be pushing about 200+whp and 250+ ft/lbs tq when I go back around January. And I'm going to make sure it's like -30 degrees out next time

    So, now all I have to do is find a stage 2 wrx to run and see what happens
    I ran one with your mods and pulled 3+ car lengths from a roll. I'm "stage 2"

  10. #9
    Registered User 04wrx4keeps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Central NY/ Western PA (for school)
    Posts
    520
    My friend had a 1.8T with a reflash (advertised as 190-200whp but he never dynoed it) and AEM intake, he was almost dead even with my 04 with just TBE (no EM) from a roll (I would usually inch away from him), from a stop it still wasnt pretty. He wouldnt ever race me once I got the Cobb Stage 2 from a stop or a roll, but you deffinatly need a little more whp to pull one.
    Cobb Stage 2.5 VF-34 + uppipe
    Best ET so far - 13.1@103 with a 1.81 60'

  11. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    259
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwrxguy
    I ran one with your mods and pulled 3+ car lengths from a roll. I'm "stage 2"

    see, this is the only thing I can't understand. If I would have done a dyno run at night I would have had much better numbers because I wouldn't have had heat loss. If it would have been done in even 80 degree weather, I would have been able to pull off 190+/- and 245+/-. From what everyone says, stage2 wrx's put down about 220awhp. If the two cars were actually running, there wouldn't be 3+ car lengths. And the heat does make a big difference on the 1.8t's since the intercooler is so small and it was chipped. My second run netted 180.0 / 224.0. That's 10 ft/lbs of tq being lost in the matter of 1-2 minutes.

    I ran a slightly modded srt-4 and lost by 1 car length from 35ish to 100-120. and it had to have been putting down about 240-250fwhp, so unless the dynos you are going to are cheating you by 30 or so awhp , which would actually have to be 60+awhp to put 3+ car lengths on a car with the same power mine was putting down.

    But then again, the chip manufacture DOES matter. Some one was running apr 93 v-tune and put down 185 and 224, my chip is only the 91 octane program and the company puts out a 93 octane program that spikes at 25psi, which would give me 10+ hp to the wheels. There are some chips that only dyno at about 170/200 or so respective hp/tq numbers, so I can see you pulling on one of those, but 3+ car lengths still sounds like a lot.

    Especially when I pulled 1.5 cars on a wrx with -atleast- a catback and the not even needed to be mentioned BOV.

    so maybe he had a different chip and setup than I did. Also I have a 3" catback which "takes" some of the down low power and puts it higher in the rev range.

    Also, I'm sure the wrx is the same way with every company's "stage 2" putting down slightly different numbers than the next.

    As far as the dyno type, I'm not sure, but it had the SAE numbers and AF ratio is all it put out.

    edit: And to back up my questioning of 3+carlengths, there are people running 13's with the stock turbo and trapping over 100mph. What does a stage 2 wrx with a stock turbo run? 13's at 100 or so, and that's with the awd launch. So wouldn't the car trapping higher, and with a worse launch, be the car that pulls from a roll?
    Last edited by YZFWV; 08-15-2005 at 04:58 PM.

  12. #11
    Registered User AwdTurboWrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Sun Valley,CA
    Posts
    5,793
    dude you ran a wrx with just a catback and bov and you pulled and with that much power it sounds like all he had was catback and bov. Catback doesnt get you much power unless you get rid of cats and open up the flow. Most stage 2wrx's are more like 230whp. I've told you before and a million times same thing over and over again. Im trying to get a hold of me racing a gti (which is even lighter than your car) with your mods vs me of a roll with my 03 wrx which at the time just had downpipe and mbc. You'll see the results of actual mods instead of ricers with bov and catback just to make noise without anything else.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

  13. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Charleston, WV
    Posts
    1,617
    I'm a stage 2+ WRX and I live in WV. I'm all for having fun and seeing what cars do what, win or lose. If you are around charleston, did you here about the STi vs SRT-4 group this weekend. It wasn't pretty for the STi (stock) guy, 3 seperate SRT's pulled on him. One I heard had 350+ at the wheels, and one at 404. Not exactly a fair fight, but it motivated Jody, er guy in the STi, to get on line and order some go fast parts. Hit me here and we can meet up this weekend.
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

  14. #13
    Registered User AwdTurboWrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Sun Valley,CA
    Posts
    5,793
    what type of engine management are you running?
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

  15. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    259
    EIP. They're not as widely used as GIAC, REVO, APR, Upsolute, or some of the larger brands. They only have one shop but it's 1 1/2 hours from my place and they manufacture most of their own stuff in house.

    They're the guys that had the 600+ hp r32.

  16. #15
    Registered User bigwrxguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,306
    Quote Originally Posted by YZFWV
    see, this is the only thing I can't understand. If I would have done a dyno run at night I would have had much better numbers because I wouldn't have had heat loss. If it would have been done in even 80 degree weather, I would have been able to pull off 190+/- and 245+/-. From what everyone says, stage2 wrx's put down about 220awhp. If the two cars were actually running, there wouldn't be 3+ car lengths. And the heat does make a big difference on the 1.8t's since the intercooler is so small and it was chipped. My second run netted 180.0 / 224.0. That's 10 ft/lbs of tq being lost in the matter of 1-2 minutes.

    I ran a slightly modded srt-4 and lost by 1 car length from 35ish to 100-120. and it had to have been putting down about 240-250fwhp, so unless the dynos you are going to are cheating you by 30 or so awhp , which would actually have to be 60+awhp to put 3+ car lengths on a car with the same power mine was putting down.

    But then again, the chip manufacture DOES matter. Some one was running apr 93 v-tune and put down 185 and 224, my chip is only the 91 octane program and the company puts out a 93 octane program that spikes at 25psi, which would give me 10+ hp to the wheels. There are some chips that only dyno at about 170/200 or so respective hp/tq numbers, so I can see you pulling on one of those, but 3+ car lengths still sounds like a lot.

    Especially when I pulled 1.5 cars on a wrx with -atleast- a catback and the not even needed to be mentioned BOV.

    so maybe he had a different chip and setup than I did. Also I have a 3" catback which "takes" some of the down low power and puts it higher in the rev range.

    Also, I'm sure the wrx is the same way with every company's "stage 2" putting down slightly different numbers than the next.

    As far as the dyno type, I'm not sure, but it had the SAE numbers and AF ratio is all it put out.

    edit: And to back up my questioning of 3+carlengths, there are people running 13's with the stock turbo and trapping over 100mph. What does a stage 2 wrx with a stock turbo run? 13's at 100 or so, and that's with the awd launch. So wouldn't the car trapping higher, and with a worse launch, be the car that pulls from a roll?
    Most stage 2 put down 220-230whp and about the same in torque. And the heat soak with no heat sheild is very bad.

    But like you said every car is different and you forget the most important part driver skill. We went from a 30mph roll in 2nd to 90mph before I let off. He said he didn't miss any shifts.

    Dyno's don't tell all esspically if you have a turbo like the 1.8t that dies out way before redline.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •